Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ever been a Biker ?
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1537

Ever been a Biker ?

May 22, 2024, 3:36 PM

Not the intent of this singer, but this tune makes me remember lonely long trips on my Harley Davidsons.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GONmFCkCGCc

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the tug abides

Re: Ever been a Biker ?

May 22, 2024, 3:44 PM

Nope. Never been an Outlaw, an Angel, a Bandito, or a Mongel.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 22, 2024, 3:59 PM

I'm a cowboy, on a steel horse I ride . . . .

Message was edited by: 7Tiger7®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 22, 2024, 4:11 PM

Outlaw bikers were in Charlotte in my day. I knew them all. They are not like actors on TV. We locked them up all the time for simple things like larceny and shop lifting. They would act out some in Belmont or Monroe, but never in Charlotte. They are not brave or tough, use numbers to intimidate.
Outlaws would stop in at the Hardees after dark where I worked part time and sit with me to pass tales. They were OK. Before I was a cop banned them from wearing colors in my bar.
At the time my main transport rain or shine was a Harley Low Rider.

I was out at their house a lot as I worked as a Detective covering Derita. They put steel plate on some walls to defend attack, but were murdered in the night by "friends" as they slept after a party when they were sedated. They went quietly, the steel plate could not defend them.

I was the first called to the scene with Hawks as we were on duty that morning. We were eating breakfast at Shoney's and expected no action in the morning as it was a holiday.
The scene was sad. It was sad and cowardly.

Say what you will, but these guys were real Bikers, not like most in organized crime like hells angels.

the tug abides

May 22, 2024, 4:46 PM

I remember the murders you refer to, a couple of years before that an outlaw was killed in a hit & run on 85 as payback for 'pulling colors' at a large party I was at in Shelby. The national dirtbag president called for a mandatory ride to Charlotte and around 1000 showed up. The Charlotte PD did everything they could to make the scum feel normal, even allowing them to fire weapons at the grave site. They had rented an entire motel out at the airport and when leaving they set the place on fire after cleaning it out. From that point on, if you flew colors in Charlotte, you were fare game to the CMPD. Yes, I flew colors.......no, I was not a 1%er.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Charlotte PD did everything they could to make the scum

May 22, 2024, 5:48 PM

Nope.
2K That is not true.
Bikers in my day were completely controlled by cops.
The motel you refer to was not in Charlotte.

the tug abides

Re: Charlotte PD did everything they could to make the scum

May 22, 2024, 6:57 PM

Do you not consider the airport to be in Charlotte? This was '73/'74. The event you refer to was '76ish.
outlaws and 81

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

I flew colors..

May 22, 2024, 5:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Ever been a Biker ? ]

post them if you are proud.

I was kinda in a gang (Adam 5). We rode in the night after work and after a few cold ones.
-- Hawks had a Honda 350.
-- Howie had a chopped Honda 750 and later a HD Sporster and Low Rider.
-- Keller had a Triumph Trident which was awesome.
-- Trail had a Honda 750
-- Clark had a Honda 750.
Best you guys with your stupid colors not mess with these guys.

the tug abides

I flew colors.

May 22, 2024, 6:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Ever been a Biker ? ]

My doorman/teen at Muthers had a Triumph BONNEVILLE. Bear was a large guy and found a home with us there. He loved me. As he was sometimes bothered, would ride with a Stage Coach 12 gauge. In the day that Triumph was the fastest bike as to top speed. It remains one of my favorites.

2K, a few times yall so called tuff guys with colors tried to prey on my hippie crowd at my bar. I would not allow colors inside and could back that up.
A couple times the cowards smacked some innocent in the parking lot and sped off. Real men will stand, don't need a the intimation of a group.

Too many believe the way TV portrays them/yall.

If you say different we could meet at the church in Gaffney and ~~?

the tug abides

Re: I flew colors.

May 22, 2024, 6:14 PM

My experience was limited to one investigation with the Outlaws. They are definitely pack hunters, but they were a handful by themselves as well.

a handful

May 22, 2024, 7:39 PM

no, they were ######## who could not hold a job.
They were cowards.

the tug abides

May 22, 2024, 7:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Ever been a Biker ? ]

2k do you believe any of them from that time could or ever did stand against me.

the tug abides

May 22, 2024, 4:15 PM

Had a 10 speed as a grade schooler. Brakes worked sometimes.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

grade schooler

May 22, 2024, 4:19 PM

I have won awards racing my bicycle after 40.

the tug abides

May 22, 2024, 4:19 PM

I had a 1974 Yamaha 250 dirt bike. Did that make me a biker ?

Yamaha 250

May 22, 2024, 4:20 PM

Absoutley

the tug abides

May 22, 2024, 4:27 PM

Yes sir! I’m looking at buying a Triumph in my sunset years. My last two bikes were big Harleys with air ride. Been too long! Never part of a club or anything. Just me and a few dudes from the area that would ride the Saluda grade up Hwy 176 from Tryon to Saluda NC. We’d also make trips up the Blue Ridge Parkway and around Grandfather mountain and Boone area. Those twists were a lot of fun as a youngster. Nowadays I just want to cruise down coastal highways such as 17 (NC) and A1A (Fla). I have my eye on an old cafe racer but doubt this aching back could handle the lack of ride.

Message was edited by: OneJedi®

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 22, 2024, 4:29 PM

No…..but I own a bike that I do ride. 84 V65 Magna.

No..but

May 22, 2024, 4:40 PM

Ha Ha, you are a "biker".

the tug abides

May 22, 2024, 4:39 PM

Used to ride all the time until it wasn't fun dodging autos all the time.. In my younger years, I rode Kawasakis and later it was a Harley. My older cousin had a BMW and turned us onto the lean game in the mountains. Go into a curve as fast as you feel safe and see who can get as close to the edge of the road and as low as possible leaning into the curve. The rider with the most grass or weed stains on their head/helmet won.

Believe it or not, learning to do that probably saved my life more than once avoiding some of the idiots on the road.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 22, 2024, 4:45 PM

I had a 1976 Yamaha 125 enduro. I could ride legally at 15 so it represented freedom. Wish I still had it…

Not really, closest thing to a bike I actually drove was a Honda 160. I don't

May 22, 2024, 5:22 PM

think that qualifies. Seeing my older brothers ankle get ground down flat when he laid down his Honda 750 chopper kind of got me out of the notion of wanting to ride two wheelere.

:(

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

out of the notion

May 22, 2024, 5:31 PM

All my near death crashes came on a bicycle.

the tug abides

A member of my wife's family TRAINS F-15 / F-18 fighter pilots for the Air

May 23, 2024, 6:49 AM

Force. HE crashed a mountain bike and injured himself pretty bad awhile back. I guess it just goes to show, whatever your method of conveyance, don't be stoopit?

:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Really enjoyed my Mountain Bike when I lived in the mountains....

May 22, 2024, 5:48 PM

Although different, it was dangerous too~

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 22, 2024, 7:19 PM

I had a Honda and then a Yamaha. Thought of myself as a motorcyclist rather than a biker. Loved hearing Bob sing that live. Still one of my all time favorites.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class of '87

May 22, 2024, 8:02 PM

Not a biker. Had a friend in junior high who rode with his father. We lived on Wilmington Island off of Savannah. We would ride around his property. One day I hit a cypress root and went over the handlebars. Bike landed on me, darn that still hurts. Guys were laughing so hard and eventually so was I. I have not been on a bank since. The days of our youth.Go tigers beat the canes!

May 22, 2024, 11:50 PM

All but one of my close calls were cagers looking straight at me and pulling out anyway. The lesson is….assume they don’t see you, even when they’re looking right at you. I understand why it happens, their brains are programmed to look for 4 wheeled vehicles.

The ONE that WASN’T like that was a woman that made a 90 degree right turn across 4 lanes of traffic. She wasn’t looking for anything. She was in the far left lane, I was in the far right lane. I locked it up and she stopped as my left side mirror met her right side mirror. Bike stayed up by a hair. She rolled down her window and said, “where did you come from?” I said, “I was here the whole time, I stopped so that you could drive perpendicular to traffic.”

I've been a cyclist.

May 23, 2024, 7:26 AM

Does that count?

And, isn't it strange that bikers ride cycles but cyclists ride bikes?

Never was a serious cyclist. Took it up because I had been running road races and decided to do a few triathlons. Never did a century ride, but I did complete a Half Ironman triathlon.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BTW, Aginst the Wind is the better Seger song.***

May 23, 2024, 7:54 AM

May 23, 2024, 8:26 AM

Only as a teenager. Yamaha 80cc dirt bike. No tags. Today’s parents would never let their 13 year old kid loose on one of these.

My first was an H-D 90cc 2-cycle "Rapido" as a 13-year old... Long gone.***

May 23, 2024, 10:31 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 31
| visibility 1537
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic