Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Do any of you Low-Country-Locals have any insight into
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Do any of you Low-Country-Locals have any insight into

Jun 16, 2021, 8:11 AM

this Murdaugh family situation. I've never seen so many efforts from authorities to say nothing while appearing to say something.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Do any of you Low-Country-Locals have any insight into

Jun 16, 2021, 9:03 AM

A year or two ago the murdaugh kid killed a girl in a drunken boat crash. There were no consequences for that crash and the boy got away. That girl’s family sued everyone in their momma who was related to the crash. Bars restaurants other families hoping for some kind of accountability and justice. I don’t think she won any of the cases and as of now her daughter seems to have died in vain. Because of the murdaugh families power she was written off. Fast forward to a few weeks ago….(the two homicide victims the boy who crashed the boat and his mom) now mysteriously show up murdered.

Seems like a walterboro hit job…

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Additional information...

Jun 16, 2021, 11:29 AM

The boat crash was 2 am'ish and all of the occupants were trashed having been drinking all day and into the night. The passengers pleaded with Murdaugh to let someone else drive the boat...but he refused. Murdaugh (who was pi$$ed at his girlfriend and known as hot head) decided to gun the throttle while going under a bridge at Archer's Creek. The bridge is on the causeway going to Parris Island.

The boat struck a piling at high speed and threw everyone into the river. Mallory Beach, 19, never surfaced and her body was found about a week later in the Broad River. Murdaugh was handled with kid's gloves due to his family being prominent in law enforcement for generations. He was eventually charged but the case has not been tried.

There are rumors that he was involved in a murder that happened a few years before the crash.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.fitsnews.com%2F2019%2F05%2F06%2Fmallory-beach-case-paul-murdaugh-pleads-not-guilty%2Farchers-creek-bridge%2F&psig=AOvVaw0OC7t_MGk7xR_a4tmRkra5&ust=1623942990891000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAIQjRxqFwoTCNDi-6S5nPECFQAAAAAdAAAAABAD

Message was edited by: tigermaniac®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Additional information...

Jun 16, 2021, 12:11 PM

That is correct. The case had not been tried.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There have been no civil or criminal trials yet.

Jun 18, 2021, 1:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Do any of you Low-Country-Locals have any insight into ]

There won't be a criminal trial now. The delay in the criminal trial and the Murdaugh boy's relative freedom probably factors in the shooting. Mom most likely a wrong place wrong time victim.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 16, 2021, 9:19 AM

Walterboro?!!! Been there one time in my life. Stopped at a gas station off 95 and made a phone call home (pay phone...years ago). I heard screaming. A guy comes running by the phone booth with another guy chasing him...and firing shots from a pistol! I ended my call early and got out of that place.

Jun 16, 2021, 9:21 AM

Yeah that place is like the wild Wild West. The family has 2000 acre hunting lodge and compound about 20-30 mins south from walterboro. The girl that was killed was from Beaufort I think. It’s a crazy story almost movie like. Sad for both families as they both lost very young loved ones.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 16, 2021, 12:45 PM

I lived and worked in Beaufort in the early 80’s and knew the Murdaugh family somewhat. Walterboro was the place that taught me that anywhere you have motel clusters at interstate interchanges, you will have prostitutes. There were several regulars who would stand at intersections near I-95 in walterboro or ridgeland, wearing bright dresses with large flowers in their hair. I worked with SCDHEC and we inspected sewage treatment plants. There was a small “package” plant serving a truck stop in the area. Every time we inspected that plant, we saw dozens of used syringes, other drug paraphernalia and hundreds of rubbers. It could never function properly because it stayed clogged with condoms.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

They are all from Hampton including the girl.***

Jun 16, 2021, 1:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Do any of you Low-Country-Locals have any insight into ]

Jun 17, 2021, 8:23 AM [ in reply to Re: Do any of you Low-Country-Locals have any insight into ]

I take exception to your description of Walterboro. I have lived here 70 years with the exception of my time at Clemson. It is no worse than any other town in SC. Small town with great people. Come visit.

Jun 17, 2021, 8:57 AM

Apologies as I don't mean to hijack this thread, but shortly after I graduated from high school, in the early 80's, my father decided I needed a nice new suit. He drove me about 50 miles to Walterboro to get a suit at Warshaw's. That was a great suit, and I remember Warshaw's as being as nice a clothing store as I've ever been in. Are they still around?

Jun 17, 2021, 6:29 PM

Warshaws is not longer in business. AND this is a great community to live in - crime is everywhere you go any more. I've lived here since 1963 with a 5 year span of living in Atlanta. Now that is QUITE different than here in Walterboro!!

Dukes BBQ in Walterboro makes it worth the stop.

Jun 17, 2021, 9:00 AM [ in reply to Re: Do any of you Low-Country-Locals have any insight into ]

The fried chicken is the is the old crisco method of fried chicken. Wouldn’t want to eat it every day but worth the venture every year on the way to the beach.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic