Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dang......Simone Biles In A Real Funk ---
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Dang......Simone Biles In A Real Funk ---

Jul 27, 2021, 11:57 AM

The mental pressure has become too much for her at the moment. She is seeking professional help. Sad to hear.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The media is to blame...

Jul 27, 2021, 11:59 AM

The pressure put on that team by the media to not only win gold but to completely obliterate the competition was enormous.

The same thing happened to the wimminz softball team. All kinds of potential but they played so tight they couldn't hit water if they fell out of a boat.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

She wore an outfit with a rhinestone goat in it.

Jul 27, 2021, 12:08 PM

It’s not all the media’s fault on this one. She put a lot of pressure on herself. But that has a lot to do with parents and coaches not letting these kids be kids sometimes. Their schedule is brutal.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: She wore an outfit with a rhinestone goat in it.

Jul 27, 2021, 12:53 PM

She definitely contributed to the expectations with the leotard and her already planned and scheduled "Gold Over America Tour starring Simone Biles". Could she have stepped away from the competition to protect her tour? She's 24 and been around the block enough to know what she's doing.

Re: The media is to blame...

Jul 27, 2021, 1:04 PM [ in reply to The media is to blame... ]

Softball imo went too old. Should have had another coach and them young bucks from Oklahoma etc. They plastered the roster with all Cali wimmenz. No reason to let cat be on the team. I know she did good. I just think we could have built a team from the current ALL Americans and competed better.

Plus the DP in the 6th was an unlucky break but it shouldn't have been that close.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dang......Simone Biles In A Real Funk ---

Jul 27, 2021, 12:28 PM

Might not be a popular opinion here but I suspect there may have been some Russian $influence$ in this situation….

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who is this?***

Jul 27, 2021, 1:23 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kinda Like The Coots Except They Have No Reason to Expect

Jul 27, 2021, 1:24 PM

Success

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 27, 2021, 1:37 PM

I told my wife before the Olympics that she is setting herself up for a huge fall. I feel sorry for her, but she and the media have contributed largely to this.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Why is your wife setting herself up for a huge fall?

Jul 27, 2021, 1:52 PM

I has the confuse.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: Why is your wife setting herself up for a huge fall?

Jul 27, 2021, 2:45 PM

That is so funny... funny, funny, funny...

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Jul 27, 2021, 4:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Dang......Simone Biles In A Real Funk --- ]

I can put together a lineup if she can point out which one orchestrated her fall.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 27, 2021, 2:01 PM

Jul 27, 2021, 2:15 PM

I do believe a social media ban could greatly help them. They love all the attention and affection they get when things are going great, however the moment they are criticized or something negative is said about them they crumble. Their fragile little egos cannot process that everybody doesn't love or support every move they make. They have to run to the nearest safe space in order to be coddled and assured that they are the best ever.

It sounds like she basically quit on her team.***

Jul 27, 2021, 3:13 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

thats exactly what happened

Jul 27, 2021, 3:35 PM

watch in a couple of days she will miraculous be in sound mind to compete in the individuals..LOL at people calling her the goat

Jul 27, 2021, 3:23 PM

First off- Mental fatigue/pressure/ disease is no joke- My only question is- I am sure that this did not just happen over night. If she felt that the pressure was so great- why bother to be part of the team? Take the time recuperate- get help and come back being the best that you can be! Somebody else could have had her spot. I hope she gets the help that she needs!
I kind of see the same thing in the tennis player- the mental pressure is to great for me in this one tournament- but I will be fine in 6 weeks to go and compete in the Olympics. I seen people placed on medication and it takes longer to adjust the dose for these people to recover. Just my opinion.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Shes stil pretty hot and a gymnast ..***

Jul 27, 2021, 3:39 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Jul 27, 2021, 3:41 PM

Watched an interview with her in which she stated that she wasn't as fearless as she used to be, she's getting older and something hurts every day. It was the "not fearless" part that made me think she'd lost her edge.

She's an amazing young woman and a terrific representative of the country and the sport.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 27, 2021, 4:08 PM

Unfortunately a lot of the American Olympic athletes are bearing the brunt of some of the more outspoken ones who have alienated a lot of Olympic fans ..... even to the point that they are not pulling for the US team ....i.e. women's soccer and men's basketball. I have no idea of what Simone's political views are, except she, I think, has represented our country well, and as far as I know has done nothing to discredit it. If our standard is when in the US uniform you are representing all of us, but when you are away from the sport and out of uniform, you can exercise your first amendment right, then we have to accept that there are going to be differing views ..... some we like and some we don't. All I ask is that they represent our country, flag, and anthem with respect when representing us.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It’s only the snowflakes who aren’t watching because of

Jul 27, 2021, 5:14 PM

the political views of some of the athletes. They can’t handle anyone with different opinions than theirs, and can’t put pulling for our country ahead of judging people’s political beliefs. The athletes are putting their opinions aside and competing hard for our country, so I will cheer for anyone who wears the American uniform. I don’t care what your beliefs are, I’ll be pulling for you in the Olympics because I am rooting for our country, not necessarily the individual. Heck, I even hope Patrick Reed does well, and that’s saying something!

Even more sad, they lump in entire teams when in reality

Jul 27, 2021, 5:26 PM

there may only be a few outspoken individuals they actually agree with.

I don't even know WHO plays for US hoops outside of Durant. In this case they are lumping in the outspoken words of a few NBA players to probably all professional basketball players.

Dumb, ain't it?

Re: It’s only the snowflakes who aren’t watching because of

Jul 27, 2021, 6:46 PM [ in reply to It’s only the snowflakes who aren’t watching because of ]

Agree, totally ridiculous, though not even close to the college campuses and their unwillingness for a differing view to be heard.

If a college campus is unwilling to let a reasonable person

Jul 27, 2021, 7:13 PM

from either side speak because of their views, I’d say they’re both pretty ridiculous. I tuned out that whole saga with Clemson and whoever that person was people were riled up about, so can’t comment on that episode, and it has no relation to my point whatsoever, so I don’t really care to address it.

Regardless, boycotting the Olympics because of some of the athletes opinions, when they can set those aside and compete hard for the red white and blue, is ridiculous and textbook snowflake behavior.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic