Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dabo keeps using the word "execution."
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,259

Dabo keeps using the word "execution."

Sep 26, 2021, 9:01 PM

According to my Official Football Decoder Ring that translates to "poor coaching." As in "We aren't executing properly" becomes "We aren't coaching properly." He's not talking about poor game plan or poor play calling, he's talking about teaching proper techniques on Monday through Thursday on the practice field.

And the position coaches understand what he is saying. If the OL isn't executing properly, then the OL coach understands it is his responsibility to fix it. If the WRs are running the wrong routes, the coach knows it. If the QB is overthrowing or making the wrong read or has poor footwork, the coach knows it.

And Elliott knows he is responsible for all of them. He's not getting a free pass from Dabo.

Dabo to Tony, "We have problems with the OL, WR and QB. Is that their problem, is it my problem or is it your problem?"..... "Well, fix it or I will find someone who can."

And Tony has the same conversation with his position coaches. The OL, WR and QB coaches understand that they are the ones on the hot seat.

At least, that is what my decoder ring is telling me.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo keeps using the word "execution."

Sep 26, 2021, 9:07 PM

Got some lines to read through there but you could be accurate.

At the very least, I hope it doesn’t require a decoder ring to figure out when they all sit around the coaches table.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i agree with you

Sep 26, 2021, 9:07 PM

Think Dabo knows it's the coaching and play calling but why in the heck would he call it out publicly

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: i agree with you

Sep 26, 2021, 9:16 PM

My decoder ring says the terminology for the public when play calling is the problem is, "putting our players in the best position to succeed."

Another expression, "You can't put a tutu on a ox and expect him to be a ballerina."

As in, "We aren't putting our players in the best position to succeed" means "We keep calling plays that the players aren't capable of running successfully. Our play calling stinks."

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But only when talking about the defense

Sep 26, 2021, 9:11 PM

Media agrees too. Did you see the story line "Defense Crumbles Under Pressure"? :)

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,259
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic