Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Before the season started, the majority of folks
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Before the season started, the majority of folks

Dec 4, 2021, 2:22 PM

were upset because Clemson was going to be playing such a week out of conference schedule this year. On top of that, the acc is much worse than it used to be. Gone are the days of greats like Jordan, Jame Worthy, Grant Hill, Jerry Stackhouse, Rasheed Wallace, etc. on dominant acc teams.

We’ve had the perfect setup to elevate our program but can’t get out of our own way. Whether it’s coming out of a time out and playing with 6 players on the court or making other boneheaded decisions. It’s way past time for a coaching change and until then it’s going to continue being like ground hog day. Doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting a different outcome is not going to happen.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Before the season started, the majority of folks

Dec 4, 2021, 2:25 PM

Pretty darn good assessment colbert. I was really excited about this season. Knew it'd be some setbacks but didn't expect it right out the gate.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2021, 2:27 PM

I think we were picked 11th in the conf during preseason. I remember thinking we were hopefully better than that. No I am left to wonder if we will even be that good. Late in games we just meltdown totally

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been saying that for years. The powers that be

Dec 4, 2021, 2:29 PM

obviously don't give one ### about having a better basketball program, and in the process, they have taken a big #### on all loyal, long-suffering Clemson basketball fans.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: I've been saying that for years. The powers that be

Dec 4, 2021, 2:33 PM

yep it is a shame to see a couple hundred people treated like that

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’ve been a season ticket holder since the late 90s

Dec 4, 2021, 2:34 PM [ in reply to I've been saying that for years. The powers that be ]

and most of the other season ticket holders that I know are so numb to it now that they rarely even attend the games anymore.

Re: I’ve been a season ticket holder since the late 90s

Dec 4, 2021, 2:38 PM

Why can’t the administration see the lack of enthusiasm in the fan base and the consistently poor coaching? CBB should have the b_ _ ls to resign.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class of ‘71. Went through “rat season” and glad I did.

They may not acknowledge it publicly, but at this point, I

Dec 4, 2021, 3:10 PM

don’t believe that anyone in our administration cannot see it. I believe that they all see it, but for whatever reason have chosen not to act on it.

This is only my opinion, and I could be wrong but this is what I think. I think the administration looks back at the dismissal of Leggett and hiring of monte lee and views it as a failure. Now, I’m not saying that Lee is not and cannot be a good coach but at the time, our leadership thought that when they made the change, we’d be playing in the playoffs pretty regularly after the change.

I think they are more afraid of making a coaching change in basketball and worried about what happens if they screw up the hire and instead of elevating the program, we actually lose more than we do now.

Football is the big money making sport for the school. It provides for all of the other mens and womens sports and allows them to operate. They are happy as long as the football program has been bringing in so much cash.

To me this is the wrong message. Instead of being afraid to fail, great leaders are not afraid to make decisions and when they make a bad decision, they quickly act on it and correct it. Quit focusing on what happens if we make the wrong move and start thinking about who can elevate our program? Who can win? Who has a vision for Clemson basketball? How can we excel?

At this point, we don’t want to listen to excuses. We want results.

I know, what a shame. Every bit of life has been gradually,

Dec 4, 2021, 2:42 PM [ in reply to I’ve been a season ticket holder since the late 90s ]

unmercifully drained from the program, drop by drop. ZERO hope of anything big happening,zero enthusiasm. Fans just show up like robots and go through the motions. It's nothing like it was in the days when Bill Foster took over, or when Cliff Ellis, or Rick Barnes or Oliver Purnell took over. The level of hope, excitement, and enthusiasm does not compare. Clemson basketball is a drowning animal that comes up for an ocassional gasp of air, while dazed fans sit around and applaud.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Dec 4, 2021, 3:03 PM

I believed Brownell should have been fired years ago. Every year at the beginning I always give him the benefit of doubt. I excused the loses in the Charleston tournament but after the loss at Rutgers and today I’m fed up. We still have a lot to play for and I hope our boys can start getting some wins and start building to something successful but good grief.

I love AD Dan except for his loyalty to Brownell. Hopefully our new AD will actually want to see our basketball program elevate and will make the necessary changes.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic