Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
BC's defense: given up one sustained TD drive this year
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

BC's defense: given up one sustained TD drive this year

Oct 12, 2015, 10:30 AM

For a 3-3 team, their defense is incredibly good. The problem is that they've played some pretty bad teams, so it's hard to see exactly how good they are. But here are the number points that their DEFENSE has given up, and the number of yards they've allowed in their six games this year. I'm emphasizing "defense" because they've given up two other TDs that weren't against their defense.

Maine:
3 points, 91 yards

Howard:
0 points, 11 yards

FSU:
7 points (FSU also got a defensive score), 217 yards

NIU:
7 points (NIU also got a kick return for TD), 153 yards
NIU's one touchdown was a 4-yard drive

Duke:
9 points, 228 yards

Wake:
3 points, 142 yards
The FG drive went -2 yards

So they have actually given up four TDs this year, but one was on defense, one was on special teams, and one was a four-yard drive after a big interception return. FSU is the only team that put together any kind of drive against them. Duke's 228 yards is actually the most they've given up all year, which is unbelievably good.

Now let's tell the whole story. Howard might be the worst team...in FCS. Maine is also FCS. Wake and Duke both struggle on offense, and FSU hasn't been all that impressive on offense either. NIU is down from where they've been.

This will be a great test for the BC defense, because Clemson's offense is on a completely different level than anything they've seen this year except for FSU. It seems like we're better on offense than FSU at this point, but I wouldn't say that it's an order of magnitude difference. I expect us to struggle on offense and would be impressed if we broke 20 against them. Their defense hasn't given up double digits to anyone (though they gave up 14 to two teams because of a fumble return and a KO return).

BC's offense is a train wreck. They're not going to enjoy Dodd, Lawson, Alexander, Kearse, et al. I see that Clemson is favored by 17. The oddsmakers might want to put the over/under at 17. :)

I think it'll be about 20-3 good guys. Not a lot of stress, but no big blowout.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Absolutely correct, and to the morons on here predicting

Oct 12, 2015, 10:41 AM

huge blowout wins over BC...just goes to show how little they really know about football.

Their D will get 'gassed'... Clemson in the 30s....***

Oct 12, 2015, 10:45 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Their D will get 'gassed'... Clemson in the 30s....***

Oct 12, 2015, 10:57 AM

Exactly. I'm in the group saying a 30-0 shutout is possible. Don't need anyone who DOESNT know football to tell me that. BC will face the most balanced offense they will face this year. We ain't WF.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FSU is the ONLY O they faced this year. Ours is better...***

Oct 12, 2015, 10:59 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Five of BCs first 6 games have been at home including FSU

Oct 12, 2015, 11:04 AM

They have played a lightweight schedule overall and they have only had to travel once ... down to Duke.

Clemson wins this one by a score of at least 27-0.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Weather will be in our offense's favor for a change

Oct 12, 2015, 11:08 AM [ in reply to Re: Their D will get 'gassed'... Clemson in the 30s....*** ]

Clear, 0% chance of rain, high around 70 degrees. I believe we break 30 as well.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Weather will be in our offense's favor for a change

Oct 12, 2015, 11:12 AM

I believe it will be 61 degrees at kick off. It's a night game?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Absolutely correct, and to the morons on here predicting

Oct 12, 2015, 10:54 AM [ in reply to Absolutely correct, and to the morons on here predicting ]

usuck would score negative points

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Re: BC's defense: given up one sustained TD drive this year

Oct 12, 2015, 10:57 AM

+1 you really are a lot better at this then most if not all the sports analysts.

Good research and good read my friend!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 12, 2015, 10:59 AM

They have only played one team with a pulse. This game will not be close. Clemson by 25+.

And that team only scored 1 offensive TD

Oct 12, 2015, 12:12 PM

No idea why you'd think we would score enough to win by 25 when this if the best defense we've played all year and we've yet to win by 25. The only reason that might happen is if BC's offense puts their defense in bad field position.

Good research... +1 fo yu***

Oct 12, 2015, 11:11 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Deer Tigernets,

Oct 12, 2015, 11:18 AM

Can we pay this guy instead of Mackey? He has the smarts.

Good work. It will be a great test for our offense. I feel like we've gone up against some very good defenses early in the season. That will pay dividends once we get into the back half of our schedule, which has some marshmallowy defenses. Including one in cootlumbia.

Scott has come close to breaking a few kickoff returns.

Oct 12, 2015, 11:19 AM

I think this will be the game where he takes it to the house, though I hope he doesn't have many opportunities.

I also think we will get a defensive score because we are due.

BC will try ball control and always plays us tough(remember the last two years)so I think the scoring will be low as suggested.

Final score: 28-6.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Oct 12, 2015, 11:23 AM

Its a night game in death valley. Bc defense may stop the run early. But watson and our recievers will go airforce. It wont be close.

Clemson 45
Bc 0

Hows that for my first post on tigernet

That's about what I expect, too

Oct 12, 2015, 12:06 PM

However, if our defense plays up to their ability, you could see the offense coming up with some extra points because of field position and a tired BC defense. If that happens, we could finish with less than 400 yards but still have 30-ish points.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic