Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Arch Manning
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

Arch Manning

Jun 20, 2021, 3:50 PM

I think Arch Manning will either commit to Bama or Clemson. He will win a National Championship and the Heisman at either school and will be the number 1 NFL draft choice from either school. If he goes to Bama, Saban will not retire until Manning leaves. Saban would not want to endure the wrath of all the Mannings. I'm sure he is promising them he will be there for the 4 years Arch is eligible. We know Manning will leave after his 3rd year.

So, I think it boils down to the culture of the program and which team and coach offers a positive life shaping experience that will shape Arch in a positive manner long after his football career is over. And that is what I hope gets the Manning commitment to Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Arch Manning

Jun 20, 2021, 4:11 PM

UGA and Bama are over signing on QBs just to
Keep them from competitors a season or two before they transfer. As we all we know, having too many highly rated QBs never works..you will lose them all.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Jun 20, 2021, 4:16 PM

If he comes to Clemson, he will NOT win the Hypesman.
Mark. It. Down.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jun 20, 2021, 4:24 PM

The Manning name and history will overcome the anti Clemson bias. Mark. It. Down. But you do make a good point based on past history. And I felt the same way until I gave it more thought. Let's hope the Mannings don't make a choice based on the Hypeman. But it may be impt. to them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 20, 2021, 5:06 PM

I don’t think there is any kind of Clemson bias anymore, I think everyone realizes that Clemson is one of the elite teams in college football right now. I don’t think there will be a Clemson Heisman winner because there aren’t many chances to have a Heisman moment against another top team. Our starters only play 2 quarters in pretty much every game

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 20, 2021, 4:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Arch Manning ]

If he wins a natty or at least plays in two natties, he will win the Heisman just because of his exposure and Manning name. If Trevor Lawrence was identical in abilities in college or even a hair length better and they both played at the same time on nationally competitive teams, Manning would get the Heisman and TLaw would not. I think that prediction is dead-on.

If Manning's sole decision as his college future was atmosphere, then Clemson is a no-brainer. Fortunately, I think we can agree that Ole Miss and Tenn are not in the picture due to the state of their programs.

Also, Saban just signed his extension through the 2028 season which fully covers Manning's college career so that shouldn't be a concern for Manning. He knows Dabo has 8yrs remaining so head coaching shouldn't be a concern. But what should be of concern is the stability of Saban's staff as he has to replace 3-7 coaches annually. So if Manning has ties to a particular coach on a school's staff, the likelihood of that coach being their during his career is many times more likely at Clemson as history shows.

Jun 20, 2021, 11:57 PM

With all due respect, PM didn’t win a Heisman so it’s difficult to argue the name aspect.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 20, 2021, 4:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Arch Manning ]

If it's the Heisman/Hypesman that he is looking for in his college career, I'm afraid that won't happen at Clemson!!! I mean how many times did the voters have to prove that!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Was this an English paper?

Jun 20, 2021, 4:28 PM

Just wondering.

He doesn’t look nearly as tall as the list him as

Jun 20, 2021, 4:44 PM

I wouldn’t even think he was as good as DJ really

He’s just getting all this hype cause of the pedigree of his last name

And I think he’s kind of a snowflake

And it’s not guaranteed he would beat out ole Klubnik either so we’ll see

Re: He doesn’t look nearly as tall as the list him as

Jun 20, 2021, 4:46 PM

Beat it coot.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 20, 2021, 4:50 PM

ESPN determines the Heisman winner and the Heisman Committee (perhaps the weakest committee in all the world) yields to them every year.

Jun 20, 2021, 8:45 PM [ in reply to Re: He doesn’t look nearly as tall as the list him as ]

You seem pretty stupid. I don't know the poster you're referring to, but he's saying he doesn't think Arch is as good as the guy Clemson already has, so you accuse him of being a Gamecock? How dumb can one person be? I agree with him as far as DJ goes. I was more impressed with DJ's high school film (against what is basically college competition) than I am with Arch's thus far. Arch is really good. He is extremely well-coached and his fundamentals are near perfect. But I was more impressed with DJ's leadership abilities and physical abilities, which is more important, because you can coach fundamentals. I don't know about Cade yet and am reserving judgment. Arch seems like he's a little better, but he's doing it against terrible football competition while Cade is doing it in the state championship of 6A Texas ball in a QB battle against Rival's chosen QB.

They're all awesome, but if you're spitting on Clemson guys based on a 10th grader, you should get the hell out of here, because you're the coot. Grow up kid.

Jun 20, 2021, 11:00 PM

Thank you DeafOrangutan

I’m used to the name calling by now even when making valid points

Jun 21, 2021, 12:02 AM [ in reply to Re: He doesn’t look nearly as tall as the list him as ]

Tell um coot!

Re: Was this an English paper?

Jun 20, 2021, 4:59 PM [ in reply to Was this an English paper? ]

??????????

Jun 20, 2021, 4:50 PM

WOW, you could make tons of money with your crystal ball!!! ;)

Jun 20, 2021, 4:57 PM

You can't talk the future of Clemson FB on Tigernet w/o having a crystal ball. And yes, most of the time it is a little cloudy.??

Jun 20, 2021, 5:02 PM

Don't count out Texas. There are several reasons he may pick them including his Father is friends with head coach.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 20, 2021, 7:23 PM

My guess is that in three years the rumors of Texas going after a new HC will be starting. Manning will not go to Texas. Saban will be early 70's going into Mannings freshman season. Manning will be a very good QB but will have the hype because of his name. I think DJ's cousin would be a great choice and will keep us at the level we are.

Jun 20, 2021, 8:53 PM

I don't disagree. I really like Arch. I think he'll be a great QB and will win a ton of games. But you have to temper expectations. Everyone has been doting on him since he was in 6th grade because of his last name. Clemson is just ignoring Lamaleava (they didn't even offer him since they're going all in on Manning), who I think looks just as good and helps establish Clemson even more in the California pipeline. Not to say he's bad by any stretch of the imagination because he's great. But I haven't seen enough to give him a heisman and a national championship when he just finished his sophomore year in high school.

Jun 20, 2021, 10:29 PM

I think we can win Natty's with Lamaleava also. Big arm and plays in big high school circuit. Arch doesnt play top competition. I hope they are keeping him close in case things don't work out with Manning.

Jun 21, 2021, 1:31 AM [ in reply to Re: Arch Manning ]

Dabo doesn't offer sophomore nor junior players unless there is clear interest on part of recruit but more importantly meet the items on a big checklist. So normally Lama wouldn't be offered yet, and who's to say that Dabo won't offer? But just consider the fact that the last 2 natties were won by QBs that Dabo offered very young. So if he offered Arch now and not Lama, then I trust Dabo's plan. Lama may have an offer pending as the recruiting moves forward.

There are several High Caliber players coming forward at the QB position. There is another 6'5" Sunshine Sophomore in Texas that is almost a young twin of TLAW. There are sources saying the 2024 recruit is at the level of TL at the same age with about same measurements. I think he might have a little thicker build at same stage, definitely legs look thicker at 15yrs old.

It's amazing where kids development is nowadays versus when I played HS football on the late 80s. I was DB and slot receiver and we struggled to find QBs that could complete quality passes in the Sweet Sixteen 4A. But we could find RBs and OL, we would run the ball down your throat. I was a 5'10, 155lb DB, tough as nails, but man I hated seeing our RBs 6'1-2", 225-235lb coming around the edge, I knew there was pain in my immediate future. RBs called me "Lizard", for whatever reason, I guess I was fast and would grab on, wasn't going to let go even if I didn't tackle them, they knew the LB or safety would help clean up. Man those were fun times!!!

Jun 21, 2021, 1:31 AM [ in reply to Re: Arch Manning ]

Dabo doesn't offer sophomore nor junior players unless there is clear interest on part of recruit but more importantly meet the items on a big checklist. So normally Lama wouldn't be offered yet, and who's to say that Dabo won't offer? But just consider the fact that the last 2 natties were won by QBs that Dabo offered very young. So if he offered Arch now and not Lama, then I trust Dabo's plan. Lama may have an offer pending as the recruiting moves forward.

There are several High Caliber players coming forward at the QB position. There is another 6'5" Sunshine Sophomore in Texas that is almost a young twin of TLAW. There are sources saying the 2024 recruit is at the level of TL at the same age with about same measurements. I think he might have a little thicker build at same stage, definitely legs look thicker at 15yrs old.

It's amazing where kids development is nowadays versus when I played HS football on the late 80s. I was DB and slot receiver and we struggled to find QBs that could complete quality passes in the Sweet Sixteen 4A. But we could find RBs and OL, we would run the ball down your throat. I was a 5'10, 155lb DB, tough as nails, but man I hated seeing our RBs 6'1-2", 225-235lb coming around the edge, I knew there was pain in my immediate future. RBs called me "Lizard", for whatever reason, I guess I was fast and would grab on, wasn't going to let go even if I didn't tackle them, they knew the LB or safety would help clean up. Man those were fun times!!!

If Kiffin does well this year he’ll go to Ole Miss.

Jun 20, 2021, 5:07 PM

Everyone but Peyton has done it.

Re: If Kiffin does well this year he’ll go to Ole Miss.

Jun 20, 2021, 5:22 PM

That may be a good reason NOT to go to Ole Miss. Go for establishing your own ID at Clemson and in the ACC. You know he will get all the press in the ACC. And probably sell out and be on National TV in every game he plays in.

We got Klubnik. We good!***

Jun 20, 2021, 7:46 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We got Klubnik. We good!***

Jun 20, 2021, 7:56 PM

Probably, but we had TL and DJU at the same time too. I want to see Arch as a Tiger. He is probably the 1st pick in the NFL draft.

Re: We got Klubnik. We good!***

Jun 20, 2021, 10:26 PM

I think DJ will also be a first pick of the NFL draft. Klubnik sounds like he will be pretty good also.

I think it’s funny to imagine a 70 year old seven time (at least)

Jun 20, 2021, 11:13 PM

national champion with tens of millions in the bank wants to retire, but doesn’t because he doesn’t want to “endure the wrath of all the Mannings.”

I’m pretty sure that won’t enter his mind, and although perhaps they would be disappointed, I’m pretty sure the Manning’s would do nothing about it. What “wrath” do you think they would heap on him?

null

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic