Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Another DL in 2023?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Another DL in 2023?

Aug 15, 2022, 7:36 PM

Young Man just decommitted from Penn State and received a Clemson offer.

https://247sports.com/player/tomarrion-parker-46112804/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Another DL in 2023?

Aug 15, 2022, 7:39 PM

You wonder if he wanted to get away from home; but decided Pennsylvania was a little "too far"!

Clemson would be juuuuuuuuuuuusssssstttttttt right!

Be a nice grab for sure!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Phenix City AL kid,home of Ross & EJ

Aug 15, 2022, 7:46 PM

So there's a chance.

Read where Tn is putting together a NIL for him, so is Miami.

Then I read an interview with him about the Clemson offer. Something he'd been wanting and finally completed the work on the Academic side that Clemson wanted him to ,in order to get an offer.

Can’t compete with NIL $$$….. hopefully he doesn’t care about $$$***

Aug 15, 2022, 7:50 PM

Re: Can’t compete with NIL $$$….. hopefully he doesn’t care about $$$***

Aug 15, 2022, 7:52 PM

It will be a factor but not the deciding one Clemson is strong here

Where are you getting that we can't compete with UT or Miami

Aug 15, 2022, 7:59 PM [ in reply to Can’t compete with NIL $$$….. hopefully he doesn’t care about $$$*** ]

in NIL money?

Re: Where are you getting that we can't compete with UT or Miami

Aug 15, 2022, 8:47 PM

I'm sure we have capability of competing with other schools. However, Clemson has been very open that NIL is not priority #1 where as other programs are pushing it more.

I'm pretty sure we're putting a lot of

Aug 15, 2022, 9:04 PM

emphasis into NIL. There are several articles backing that up. Like you said, we can compete in NIL world, especially when some (uet unknown) governing body creates some guardrails, namely stopping rogue boosters from buying signing classes, creating a cap, and making things more controlled and even for everyone. I often see folks on here saying we're at a disadvantage as far as NIL, but I dont see that especially when rules are finally put in place. Maybe what you're referring to is that we're not going to go after a player who's leading motivation is "how much money can you pay me". We want guys who want to play at Clemson and be part of the culture and development. Not money hungry kids who couldn't care less where they play as long as they're getting paid.

Re: I'm pretty sure we're putting a lot of

Aug 16, 2022, 10:41 AM

emphasis into NIL. There are several articles backing that up. Like you said, we can compete in NIL world, especially when some (uet unknown) governing body creates some guardrails, namely stopping rogue boosters from buying signing classes, creating a cap, and making things more controlled and even for everyone. I often see folks on here saying we're at a disadvantage as far as NIL, but I dont see that especially when rules are finally put in place. Maybe what you're referring to is that we're not going to go after a player who's leading motivation is "how much money can you pay me". We want guys who want to play at Clemson and be part of the culture and development. Not money hungry kids who couldn't care less where they play as long as they're getting paid.

While I agree with most of your comments, I disagree on two major points. First, while we (Clemson) are making efforts for NIL opportunities, we do not have the number of Alumni or rich pockets of supporters/environments that will pour money into NIL efforts for their teams. However, I totally support Coach Swinney & Clemson's emphasis on supporting NIL efforts, but putting their emphasis on our Clemson culture for our current & future student-athletes (education, athletic support, building the "total man" concept, etc.).

Second, while I hope & pray for more regulation on NIL & controlling the abuses in the NIL environment, I do not see the leadership or support needed in any area (Congress, NCAA, Power 5 Conferences, state governments, etc.) to support NIL regulation or attack NIL abuses! Maybe that will come eventually, but I just don't see it coming anytime soon to the current turmoil we are experiencing in College Football.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Germans***

Aug 16, 2022, 10:47 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic