Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ANOTHER DANNY FORD TYPE BLUNDER
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

ANOTHER DANNY FORD TYPE BLUNDER

Jul 7, 2022, 11:53 AM

Clemson's last 3 coaches before Dabo had a combined record of 135-86, with a combined winning % of .615 HC DABO has a record of 150-35 with a winning % of .811. These numbers to point out that the BOD and Neff need to DO WHAT DABO WANTS TO DO about Clemson's conference affiliation is what CLEMSON should do. If not the Tigers situation could end up like what happened with Coach Ford and possibility losing Coach Swinney. I don't have a crystal ball, but if the President and the BOD had given Coach Ford an "athletic dorm", something that ALL the Big Time schools, that Danny was recruiting against, had or were in the processing of getting, there is no telling how many National Championship Clemson would have won in the years since 1989. As the above stats show and prove, the BIG difference in Football at Clemson is definitely Coach Dabo, everyone in a position of authority should very seriously listen to him and do what he thinks is best for CLEMSON, if not we may go back to the winning ways of his last three (3) predecessors, which would not make anyone on this board happy.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I feel like this poast should have been in all caps

Jul 7, 2022, 11:55 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Maybe it really means that we need to do what

Jul 7, 2022, 11:56 AM

TERY DON says....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ANOTHER DANNY FORD TYPE BLUNDER

Jul 7, 2022, 12:02 PM

We should take the time to be very proud. Very. Very!

And, let's jump up and down with our selves and other people's selves to celebrate Clemson Football.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

POTD for Wisdom..from BBBII

Jul 7, 2022, 12:32 PM

Great advice Sir~

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

POTD for Wisdom..from BBBII

Jul 7, 2022, 12:32 PM [ in reply to Re: ANOTHER DANNY FORD TYPE BLUNDER ]

And I 2nd LBB's thoughts!

LOL

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ANOTHER DANNY FORD TYPE BLUNDER

Jul 7, 2022, 12:33 PM

Some people think there are more important things at an institution of higher learning than sports. Crazy.

^ Maybe..

Jul 7, 2022, 12:38 PM

but Clemson as an institution relies, like most universities, on athletic teams doing well since that's where the common folk, grads & public learn about that particular school (good or bad)..

and stats show thousands more potential new students (and new supporting fans) want to be involved with a school with a particular sports program that is killing it..

thus $ to grow or survive.

Totally agree here. Our BOT has come a long way since

Jul 7, 2022, 12:59 PM

the 1980's in terms of fully embracing football, in particular, as an integral function of the university's overall mission to its students and alumni. Instead of fighting it and trying to put it in its place, they have embraced it as part of our school's identity. Like it or not, football plays a massive role in overall public awareness, attracting resources, and bringing alumni together for the many schools that emphasize it.

Ohio State, Michigan, Notre Dame, Penn State, Wisconsin, USC, Oregon, pretty much every SEC school save for Vandy, FSU, Va Tech, and now Clemson all get this. What would Nebraska be without football? A great case study on the reverse is what happened to Miami when Donna Shalala took over as Chancellor and tamped down the reliance on football to build its brand. It wandered the desert for twenty years. Same as us in a way after Ford until our BOT finally came around and saw the light.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd be very surprised if Dabo isn't consulted.***

Jul 7, 2022, 12:34 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WWDD

Jul 7, 2022, 12:46 PM

What Would Dabo Do?

Clemson didn't lose Coach Ford

Jul 7, 2022, 12:52 PM

They fired him! And Clemson struggled for years afterwards. But I get what your saying. But Dabo probably has had more support from the Board than his last four predecessors. Tommy Bowden didn't get a lot of support. And they down right hated Ford. So I'm thankful that today they are more supportive.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic