»
Topic: A QB on his game is not affected by the pass rush
Replies: 6   Last Post: Oct 21, 2021, 12:36 PM by: TigersO
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your CatCoins™ to grant this post a special award and grant the author bonus CatCoins™!

YOUR BALANCE
monetization_on
[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 6  

A QB on his game is not affected by the pass rush

Oct 21, 2021, 11:12 AM

Could not help but notice last night, Coastal pass rush was coming in untouched on Chase Brice and beat that poor boy unmercifully all night long. He took a lotta hits! However, Chase was getting the ball out so quickly to his receivers the rush was of little consequence except for a few extra bruises today. Even on the long passes, he was releasing the ball at the 2 second mark and throwing dimes. The one play that sticks out to me was the long post pattern for a TD coming on a skinny post from the receiver on the left side. The Coastal DT came free on a twist and nobody touched him on his way to the QB. Since Chase got the ball out in under 2 seconds, all the DT could do was hammer Chase after the throw. The ball hit the receiver right in the hands 50 yards away for a score.

Remember the Bama game of 2018? Time after time, the Bama pass rush came free but Trevor managed to get the ball out on time and on the money. The two that stand out to me are the 70+ yarder to Ross and the short slant over the middle (yes....there IS a middle) to Tee Higgins. Both plays went for TD's and on both plays there was a Bama pass rusher coming in untouched but Trevor ignored them and threw dimes!

Is our OL bad? Yup, it is. But a lot of what we are seeing is the maturation of a young QB who sees and feels that pass rush and holds the ball or attempts to scramble uselessly. Once he matures he will get the ball out before the pass rush arrives. Problem is, TL16 arrived on campus with this maturity. DJ5 did not, so he is having to learn it......hopefully.

flag link

Re: A QB on his game is not affected by the pass rush

Oct 21, 2021, 11:15 AM

I know they dont hit him in practice but you dont think he has seen any pass rush in practice in the time that he has been on campus?

flag link

[1]
Oct 21, 2021, 11:21 AM

DJ played like this in high school so he must be a slow learner. I’ll be the first to praise him WHEN he earns it! Until then, we will have to rely on the rushing game. Pitt will not allow the short passes in the flat and that is where most of DJs success has been.

flag link

[1]
Oct 21, 2021, 11:37 AM

DJ does seem to beholding the ball too long

2021 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link

[1]
Oct 21, 2021, 11:38 AM

Bingo and that is what I have been saying all year. We should forget the ND game last year and all realize Etienne, Rodgers and Powell, who got most of the yards in that game are gone. DJ is still young and still learning but there does have to be a time you fish or cut bait.

flag link

Tell 'em u6c coot. No one knows losing better than you.

Oct 21, 2021, 12:34 PM

flag link

Oct 21, 2021, 12:36 PM

Maybe DJ is the same QB (with the exception of pressing really bad right now) but the supporting cast that has replaced the absent names you mentioned is FAR less reliable when it comes to carrying their share of the load.

flag link

Replies: 6  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: ACC Championship
FOR SALE: Eight (8) tickets in Section 517, Row 21. Will sell all or any for $50/ticket OBO...text or call 704...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
687 people have read this post