Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A bunch of us need to lineup and man up. I'll go first.
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1,701

A bunch of us need to lineup and man up. I'll go first.

Mar 29, 2024, 6:07 PM

I apologize to this basketball program and coach Brownell. I have been very outspoken about removing him as head coach for several years and honestly I think I had a lot of solid reasons why he should have been.... but with that said something has changed over the last few games in this tournament and its just because "we have won"... You can actually see that he has took that next step as a head coach.

In years past I could almost tell you exactly how the majority of our games would end...because it was obvious that he knew how to coach but he didn't know how to WIN... That has changed.

2012 we beat LSU in the peach bowl and that was that moment the football program and Dabo took that next " step "... We crossed the Jordan River that night.

Last night..... We crossed the Jordan River. Beating Arizona and we did it by great players and coaching... Brownell was clearly the better coach on the floor and that hasn't always been the case. Last night he "believed".

I fully expect this team to BEAT Bama and UCONN better watch out, this staff and players are NOT afraid.

Well done, Coach.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A bunch of us need to lineup and man up. I'll go first.

Mar 29, 2024, 6:11 PM

He believed even when the majority of his fan base had already given up. Good on you for admitting it.

Go Tigers

Majority?

Mar 29, 2024, 6:14 PM

Not sure about that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Majority?

Mar 29, 2024, 6:17 PM

A very large portion*

Just bc we had a back and forth game going.

Mar 29, 2024, 6:12 PM

He honestly put on a coaching clinic, especially with designed plays… those slips….

Mar 29, 2024, 7:00 PM

He honestly put on a coaching clinic, especially with designed plays… those slips….

This season, IMO, Brownell cost us 2 or 3 games, this season, with poor coaching decisions during crunch time.
Also, there were 2 or 3 games wherein this team was obviously not ready for the team they were playing (think of BC in ACCT; vs Miami in FL; for examples). This team often played down to keep lesser opponents in several games, (winning in the last minutes) this season.
However, in the NCAAT, they have looked and played confidently and many of Brownell's play calls have been very good and have been executed amazingly well. And we have had some luck when the other team did not cover our players.
So, we will take it; and enjoy it! (It definitely takes some of the sting out of the embarrassing losses.) Go, TIGERS!

Recruiting shld be helped by our NCAAT success. Portal recruiting and the next season will be a test as to whether Brownell's success can be maintained.

Mar 29, 2024, 7:36 PM

Yeah.. we should kill every team we play and the players aren’t at fault for not showing up prepared.

Mar 30, 2024, 8:07 AM [ in reply to Re: A bunch of us need to lineup and man up. I'll go first. ]

He did and he has many times in the past... but those times may be over. Brownell is clearly feeling it right now and bama is in trouble tonight.

Mar 30, 2024, 10:51 AM [ in reply to Re: A bunch of us need to lineup and man up. I'll go first. ]

Get off mommy's couch

Mar 30, 2024, 8:20 AM

Very mature post. Heck nobody owes apologies or anything like that. Both sides of this argument are clownish right now. The haters vs the supporters gotta stop. We are all in this #### together baby!!!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 30, 2024, 8:22 AM

You’re not first! I made the same poast Thursday and Friday. I even called out Judge Keller and admitted I was eating crow, cold. Good on you, though!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 30, 2024, 8:38 AM

Brownell bas never made the NCAAT in back-to-back seasons. After his 2018 Sweet 16 run, he didn't win an NCAAT game for 6 seasons. Let's see what happens in 2024-25 before we determine he is the second coming of John Wooden.

Mar 30, 2024, 9:12 AM

I have to say, Brownell has really impressed me during this tournament, and it is obvious that his players love playing for him. Therefore, no more “ fire him “ talk from me.

just to clarify, you did see that only 4 teams qualified

Mar 30, 2024, 9:23 AM [ in reply to Re: A bunch of us need to lineup and man up. I'll go first. ]

For the tourney out of 14 total.it’s not like it used to be. It’s really hard to make it being in the ACC for some reason. I’d be very surprised and extremely delighted to see Clemson make it back next with all that talent exiting. As u saw this year it’s all about early season scheduling of big teams and winning those games. We’ll have a decent team next season too but need a scorer to transfer in.

Mar 30, 2024, 10:53 AM [ in reply to Re: A bunch of us need to lineup and man up. I'll go first. ]

Brownell is highly respected in coaching circles. He doesn't seek your approval

Mar 30, 2024, 10:01 AM

Nice post

GO TIGERS!!!

Mar 30, 2024, 6:42 PM

He clearly out coached Tommy Loyd. AZ was fixing to go on a big run … switched to zone and halted their MoJo. Inbounds plays were beauties . Maybe these new rules ( or basically no rules) are benefiting honest good guys like Coach Brownell who refused to take sleazy AAU 💵 or sell out to their coaches.

Mar 30, 2024, 10:34 AM

I’m not sure if we crossed Jordan or if the Red Sea parted!

Either way I have to say I always wanted to believe but the performance always fell short. Win 2, then stink it up. Win at Chapel Hill then stink it up. It just seemed like we needed a revolution in thinking and maybe that’s happened or is happening now. I’ve always thought we had a good coach but maybe not a great coach. He’s supposedly great at xs and os but couldn’t recruit. He’s had to use the portal which I personally don’t like but I have to give him credit on what he’s done. It’s just seemed there was still something missing, some special sauce. Others are comparing this to LSU in 2012. You get to that point where you just have to take the next step. You have to get up the courage for 20 seconds to go introduce yourself and ask her to dance. Hopefully tonight we’re at that point and we use any stage fright we have as energy and just KICK THE DOOR DOWN.

Mar 30, 2024, 10:46 AM

So why are you apologizing?

Mar 30, 2024, 10:54 AM

🤣🤣

Remember, it is consistency that counts..

Mar 30, 2024, 5:22 PM

I love my Tigers, and a great run here, love the inbounds plays we used to score like 3 times on AZ, but have seen enough collapses and in ability to get anywhere for nearly 14 years that I would wait to see if we are a sweet sixteen team next near, or nearly so.

Mar 30, 2024, 6:45 PM

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of convenience and comfort, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy," Martin Luther King, Jr.

I appreciate what he’s done this year. Next year may be the real measure of his coaching ability.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm still holding him over for trial.

Mar 30, 2024, 6:46 PM

Dabo didn't waste 13 years before he set Clemson on the path to greatness. There's a very good chance this season is once in a coach's tenure.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nobody needs to line up, they are having a great year

Mar 30, 2024, 7:03 PM

And I’m enjoying it. But honestly, this is probably the most Clemson basketball I’ve ever watched in my life. Happy for them, but sorry I’m not gonna line up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 23
| visibility 1,701
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic