hello friends. I always enjoy some discussion with opposing fans.
let me be straight: Pitt fans rate Clemson fans as the best people, the most welcoming fanbase. I'm not just saying this to butter you up.
I went to the 2018 ACCC game and had a great time pregame with you all. I live in Maryland, which is a wasteland of good food and we all had a good time at a Charlotte BBQ place.
just a couple of thoughts to share:
* narduzzi said we could've won by more. let's discuss. narduzzi says dumb stuff all the time. he doesn't mean to be disrespectful. he just is not a great communicator. I put this into the PN translator and this is what I get: "Clemson is a great team. but we left some plays on the field and I think we could've done some things better." he's got a bit of a 7th grade weirdo arrogant streak that is just bad. but he does not mean disrespect. he actually has a massive man-crush on DS. and yeah, he should communicate better. if you're looking for a PN apologist, it is not me.
* DJ: I thought he was so great last season. I thought he was going to dominate the league. I actually questioned if he wasn't better than TL. I was so massively wrong. he does one thing well: take a shotgun and maneuver around and run up the middle. that's it. that's all I see. I'm sorry but I can't see him as a big time QB. I saw a post here about converting him to a TE - radical idea but not a bad idea. I'd play the backup. sorry if this offends but I've seen terrible QB play and he is in that category. sorry for you guys but you deserve better.
* you all have seen our defense. it's easy to beat but you MUST have an accurate QB. VT tried that against us last week but it was windy and Burmeister couldn't be accurate. we played UT and had Milton in the first half (he's massively terrible) - he could've had 3 1at Q td's but is worse than your local HS QB. they brought in hooker but we know how to deal with him.
* Clemson QB: so you benched DJ and brought in the backup. he had some success but then pulled him. I didn't understand why. again: you throw an accurate pass against us and it is either completed or a penalty. go deep! we lose that every time.
* where's your run game? we also suck defending the run. we lost to WMU who did RPO all day. we couldn't stop it. why wouldn't every opposing offense do that against us. the gameplay is clear.
* we had more dropped passes the past 2 years than any team in the country. so I've been there. that was terrible. you have a qb who is inaccurate + dropped passes = mud.
* our OL is not great. our run game is not good. average on our best day. but our guys took over the game in the 4th Q. I don't know why but that should be a concern for you guys. our run blocking was good 3 year ago but has sucked since then. we got bailed out by that stupid unsportsanmanlike penalty. terrible.
* if I'm being honest, we were lucky to win. I like to think of who won it vs who lost it - I think you guys lost it.
I have a lot of respect for Pitt, academically and athletically. I have always found Pitt fans to be good people.
Congrats on your win on Saturday. It was clear that you are the better team.
I still don’t know how our offense has regressed so much. My conclusion is that our coaching on that side of the ball leaves much to be desired, and now that our coaches aren’t being bailed out by generational talent at the skill positions, their flaws are becoming more evident.
It’s concerning that fans can predict which play we are going to run, and it’s also concerning that we have zero identity on offense. I don’t think our coaches have any idea at this point how to fix things.
The frustrating thing is that it’s not like we lack talent. Our second string is talented enough to beat everyone on our schedule this year except Georgia, yet we play like we have a bunch of three star players. It’s maddening.
Thanks for your thoughts. I’ll be pulling for you the rest of the way.
Re: Thanks for stopping by and for the kind words.
Oct 26, 2021, 10:01 AM
Judge, You know I love you brother, but I beg to differ your statement that Pitt had the better team bc they don't, they have a better coached team without a doubt. Take away the offensive coaching blunders, minus the play of DJ 2021, and season ending injuries, we have a NC contending FB team. Pitt do not have the talent to contend for a NC...
I'm ready for basketball, and I've never in my entire life said a thing like that, but I'm more than ready to see this FB season to end. Maybe it's old age mixed with I miss Dabo ball, but I'm over the FB we've seen this this season. Plus, I'm absolutely convinced that our offensive coaching is in desperate need of a complete overhaul!!!
Thanks for sharing. I can't disagree with any of that.
I must say I really enjoyed the weekend in Pittsburgh except for 3 things -- the game outcome, the less than ideal weather (Thurs-Sun), and the 4 foul-mouth jackleg "fans" in Section 104. Thankful it didn't rain during the game though
Pittsburgh is a fantastic city, great things to do, could walk everywhere from our hotel, great food scene, beautiful skyline and surrounding natural scenery. Oh, and my first Primanti Bros. sandwich was a little bit of heaven.
Re: The world can see it. Our coaches, for some reason, can't...
Oct 25, 2021, 10:55 AM
dj sucks, yeah he would have been on the pine after the gt game for sure along with some others, Justin Ross hasnt played that great either, but he has no one to compliment him either being fair because they stay hurt all the time, i mean all the time it seems or covid sits one down.we have just not played well at all all year on offense - the sc state game.
it was weird. your OL was pushing us around in the first quarter. why not establish the run? the only way you lose is if KP lights you up - play keepaway. i know there are injuries on your OL but everyone has injuries/covid so it's no good excuse.
Re: As you can see most posters here are cool, not this guy
Oct 25, 2021, 8:06 PM
Charleston used to be pretty and the girls too. Now it’s a bunch of ring nosed, blue haired Bernie Sanders voters that refuse to bathe or shave their armpits??. We pulled TP7 because Collins seemed to intentionally drop a perfect pass and proceeded to get a high five from DJ. I can see encouragement from him but the high five was suspect and not the reaction of a team that was losing. I digress. And TE can say what he wants, but he does abandon the run even when it’s working....no especially when it’s working.
Great takes. Appreciate your attempt to explain PN.
I think your OL kicked our ### all game. I was really surprised at that. Yes, I saw a lot of holding, but every team does that to us and we have overcome. Do you think they played better against us than they usually do? I thought their play really allowed your QB to do his thing which broke our D.
thanks. our OL got destroyed in the 1at Q. my buddies all texting me that we're done. it changed in the 2nd q and then on. the 4th q was us running it down your throat - great 3rd down plays by KP and then that bad unsportsmanlike penalty by you guys.
our OL: I have been highly critical of them for years now. we could run block but pass blocking was terrible. then it was opposite. but the run blocking has improved this year. if you haven't been following, that is a huge change for us and to see our guys take to your front 7 is really crazy considering where we were just a month ago. we took it to VT last week but they obviously don't have your talent or coaching. we were obviously pleasantly surprised. you have a great defense and coaches. I just don't know what to say about that offense - a mess.