»
Topic: How to talk to an atheist like darealmvp...
Replies: 19   Last Post: Aug 25, 2016, 6:38 AM by: deleted
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.


[ Archives - General Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 19  

How to talk to an atheist like darealmvp...

emoji_events [5]
Posted: Aug 24, 2016, 3:26 PM
 

.



2021 student level membermilitary_donation.jpg link


Re: How to talk to an atheist like darealmvp...

[2]
Posted: Aug 24, 2016, 3:37 PM
 

Yeah you're probably right, there is an invisible person watching my every move...

link

There might be...

[3]
Posted: Aug 24, 2016, 3:40 PM
 

No one knows. But there are a LOT of people who have FAITH that there is. Condescendingly challenging them will not change their minds nor yours. It only make you look like a huge assshole.

2021 student level membermilitary_donation.jpg link


Re: There might be...

[1]
Posted: Aug 24, 2016, 3:49 PM
 

Even more people have FAITH that Allah is real. And a lot of those believe it's ok to murder you in order to go be with him.

Can I be condescendingly challenging to them or is that also a no-no?

FAITH is not a virtue. It's literally unreasonable.

> It only make you look like a huge assshole.

That's fine. My political leanings already do on this board.

link

Re: There might be...

[1]
Posted: Aug 24, 2016, 3:51 PM
 

> Even more people have FAITH that Allah is real. And a
> lot of those believe it's ok to murder you in order
> to go be with him.
Yes, they do.
>
> Can I be condescendingly challenging to them or is
> that also a no-no?
Be my guest. It's a false equivalence fallacy here. Christians aren't murdering millions of people in the name of Jesus Christ.
>
> FAITH is not a virtue. It's literally unreasonable.
That's your opinion. And I don't remember anyone ascribing some virtue onto faith.
>
> > It only make you look like a huge assshole.
>
> That's fine. My political leanings already do on this
> board.
Yet, here you are.

2021 student level membermilitary_donation.jpg link


Re: There might be...


Posted: Aug 24, 2016, 4:14 PM
 

> Be my guest. It's a false equivalence fallacy here. Christians aren't murdering millions of people in the name of Jesus Christ.

Was that my argument? I don't think it was.

Here let me help you, faith in buddah or ghandi isn't a virtue either. FAITH is literally believing in something in spite of the lack of evidence.

That's not defensible in my opinion.

> Yet, here you are.

And how great it is to meet you. Did you just join or something?

link

Re: There might be...


Posted: Aug 24, 2016, 7:24 PM
 

in short, we BELIEVE that FAITH is a virtue

link


Re: There might be...


Posted: Aug 24, 2016, 11:08 PM
 

Ok but so does a jihadist.

If I told you that I had FAITH in science you'd laugh in my face

link

Re: There might be...


Posted: Aug 25, 2016, 5:12 AM
 

You can have faith in science if you want. That's your choice. I can understand why people believe in the things they believe in. I love science, I just don't worship it (that would be essentially worship of one's self..kind of like atheism). I believe that Atheism has a god as well, and that it is one's self, because most atheists believe that man created God.

Just because a jihadist has faith or believes in something, it doesn't diminish my faith in God/Christ/Holy Spirit.

link


19B

Re: There might be...

[1]
Posted: Aug 24, 2016, 4:23 PM
 

Be my guest. It's a false equivalence fallacy here. Christians aren't murdering millions of people in the name of Jesus Christ.

Not anymore, at least. Progress!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg link

Shhh... Don't upset their narrative.***


Posted: Aug 25, 2016, 12:18 AM
 



2021 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg link


Re: Shhh... Don't upset their narrative.***


Posted: Aug 25, 2016, 12:35 AM
 
image.jpeg(46.5 K)



2021 student level membermilitary_donation.jpg link


I truly feel sorry for you

[4]
Posted: Aug 24, 2016, 3:55 PM
 

Not because you're an atheist

But b/c you're an ####### ###hole atheist...

link

Is that you or the holy spirit saying that?

[3]
Posted: Aug 24, 2016, 4:11 PM
 

Hard to tell.

link

BTW it always cracked me up to see the types of letters


Posted: Aug 24, 2016, 4:12 PM
 

athiests like sam harris and richard dawkins get from "christians" like you.

So lovely, yet I'm the #######. Ironic no?

link

Re: There might be...

[1]
Posted: Aug 24, 2016, 7:23 PM
 

You can be an #### to whomever you want.

The Bible tells us that the path we take is a narrow one. Most people will ultimately disagree with us and our faith.

Faith is the first theological virtue, followed by charity and hope.

link


Re: There might be...


Posted: Aug 24, 2016, 11:09 PM
 

Making a path like that narrow seems about as sadistic as it gets. Not sure how one could defend that.

That level of human suffering would embarrass even the most ambitious psychopath.

link

Re: There might be...


Posted: Aug 25, 2016, 4:58 AM
 

Sorry it seems that way to you. I disagree.

I believe that God does not find pleasure in the result of the decisions of those who choose another path than his.

God's way is wide enough for everyone willing to accept it and receive Christ. The most important question any of us can answer is the one Jesus asked his own disciples, "But what about you? Who do you say I am?" (Matthew 16:15; Mark 8:29; Luke 9:20)

link


Re: There might be...


Posted: Aug 25, 2016, 6:37 AM
 

Interesting read with decent research:
https://blogs.thegospelcoalition.org/justintaylor/2016/02/01/is-c-s-lewiss-liar-lord-or-lunatic-argument-unsound/
It gives you multiple choice:
A-liar
B-lunatic
C-lord
D-legend
Of course, as a gospel website, it uses Lewis's argument to choose C. I feel we must add another choice:
E-None of the above

And as far as the faith goes, I think Paul (if there really was a Paul) got it correct by listing the three, F,H,&L, and identifying the greatest as not faith but love. Even though he chose to list faith first.
One Corinthians one three:one three

2021 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg link

Re: There might be...


Posted: Aug 25, 2016, 6:38 AM
 

It's really not a simple disagreement. I think there is a clear issue here.

How often do people really have a say in their choice of religion? I think it's pretty obvious that if you are born in india, you will most likely be hindu, christian in america or muslim in the middle east.

So these billions of people who very clearly didn't choose their religion are going to ####?

> God's way is wide enough for everyone willing to accept it and receive Christ.

Ok, but the only reason you had that chance is because of the luck of the draw as to where you were born. There is no choice in it.

I'm sorry but it's not fair by any stretch and it's a pretty ridiculous ideology to hold.

link

Replies: 19  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: Four season tickets in North Stands Lower Deck, section UQ row N and O seats 1 and 3 for sale. These...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - General Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
423 people have read this post