Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Coaches visit with Trevor Etienne, cover NIL effect as Etiennes call Clemson 'family'
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

TNET: Coaches visit with Trevor Etienne, cover NIL effect as Etiennes call Clemson 'family'

Nov 30, 2021, 1:28 PM

Coaches visit with Trevor Etienne, cover NIL effect as Etiennes call Clemson 'family'

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Coaches visit with Trevor Etienne, cover NIL effect as Etiennes call Clemson 'family'

Nov 30, 2021, 1:33 PM

Sounds promising.

Re: TNET: Coaches visit with Trevor Etienne, cover NIL effect as Etiennes call Clemson 'family'

Nov 30, 2021, 1:34 PM

Sounds promising. I hope he decides to come to Clemson.

I agree but

Nov 30, 2021, 9:12 PM

Let's put a different spin in this.

Trevor why not come to your big brothers school and break all his records? That should make Christmas fun for the rest of your life????

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2021, 1:38 PM

Well he is down to 3 schools and the other 2 have all new coaching staffs. I know that isnt everything but it cant hurt plus they put older brother in the 1st round.

Dec 1, 2021, 8:11 AM

"They" didn't put him in the 1st round... ETN came in ready to play the same way Sammy did, then worked hard and stayed another year to become a receiving threat. I'mm not saying the coaches had nothing to do with it, but ETN put himself there.

Nov 30, 2021, 1:40 PM

No way to really know what they are thinking but her response to the LSU coaching question makes me think LSU is in a good spot.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When you are asking the recruits and families about their

Nov 30, 2021, 1:54 PM

visits this week, can you ask them what the coaches are telling them when they ask about whether or not Coach Venables is leaving?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've got a pretty good idea of what they're telling them

Nov 30, 2021, 4:07 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Nov 30, 2021, 1:59 PM

It can't hurt to have a brother who was a 1st round pick and bringing along his potential running backs coach who was also a 1st round pick at the same position at Clemson. I'd imagine our current depth chart at running back is the biggest obstacle at this point.

Nov 30, 2021, 2:00 PM

A few concerns.
LSU’s lone running back commit just decommitted.
During the NIL discussion, there was a comment about “local” businesses. And the NIL piece sounded important to the family. So it would seem there would be better NIL opportunities if he stays in LA rather than coming to Clemson.

Dec 1, 2021, 6:01 AM

Do you really believe the "local" piece is going to be bigger in la? After all of the hype for Travis? C'mon Man!!!!! If I were Coach Elliot, I would be placing calls to people and having them already start the process for Trevor. " This is what is on the table for you"

Nov 30, 2021, 2:00 PM

Thanks for the post. It shows that Dabo and coaches understand the importance of incorporating NIL into the recruiting process and have developed a plan for it.Tony didn't just say those things off the top of his head.

His NIL Stock Would Be Higher Here

Nov 30, 2021, 2:15 PM

Our fan base has a high value on the name "Etienne" and would think that would transition to NIL deals. Sure, Travis was know across the country, but the value should be higher here. I know Trevor is his own man, but name recognition could land him a deal his freshman year at Clemson. If he performs anything like Travis, it will explode exponentially!

Nov 30, 2021, 3:23 PM

Napier is why the Coots got Lattimore and LSU should have left that sourpuss in South Bend where he belonged.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lattimore

Dec 1, 2021, 2:45 PM

Lattimore wasn't coming to Clemson. His mom as well as several family friends molded him to be a coot.

Nov 30, 2021, 3:27 PM

He is a Metallica fan. I wonder VT was not on his list.

Nov 30, 2021, 6:11 PM

Heck with Metallica, someone get that man a MEGADETH shirt, or least an ANTHRAX one.

Nov 30, 2021, 4:42 PM

I hope & pray he becomes a Tiger like his brother....let’s go...

If Dabo didn’t keep his word with Travis they would have told them to get lost, always awesome to have a great track record to visit on!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Nov 30, 2021, 5:25 PM

Appears to me to be a two horse race.
Clemson and LSU.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Elliot's explanation to Etienne's mom of the NIL is in a

Nov 30, 2021, 6:56 PM

nutshell why it is so bad for college football.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think the fact that Kelly is now coach at LSU will work in

Nov 30, 2021, 10:45 PM

our favor. No way he wins a personality contest with Dabo, with ANY recruit. That, plus how well the Etienne family already knows us, should put us in the lead. Not even sure why Florida still made the cut.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think the fact that Kelly is now coach at LSU will work in

Dec 1, 2021, 7:59 AM

I would not concern myself with how many running backs are on the roster of UF and LSU because these new coaches will have recruits follow them and they also have the transfer portal.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic