Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Which summer enrollees have the best chance to contribute this season?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

TNET: Which summer enrollees have the best chance to contribute this season?

Jun 28, 2021, 8:00 AM

Which summer enrollees have the best chance to contribute this season?

Thursday was move-in day at Clemson for the seven remaining members of the Tigers’ 2021 recruiting class, and the biggest question might be this: Will all seven still be here for the start of fall camp in August? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Carter's gotta have Venables foaming at the mouth

Jun 28, 2021, 9:15 AM

thinking of packages where he can use him. Everything about him says he's the kind of LB Venables loves: great sideline-sideline speed, loves rushing the passer, has a nose for the ball in the run game, doesn't give up on plays even if the offense breaks free, is able to cover routes. He could use a burger or two but I'm never worried about our guys' playing weights by the time they get to year two. If he can add 10-15 pounds without losing that 4.5, that's scary.

My favorite thing about him is that he's mean, he's not sorry he popped you, and he's got some swagger to him. Some folks that have never gotten dirt on their shirts may not like that, but you don't want your defenders to be nice. I'll never forget the in-your-face attitude the 2018 defense had, and we all know how that season ended. I'm excited to see what Carter will bring!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Carter's gotta have Venables foaming at the mouth

Jun 28, 2021, 10:15 AM

If our safety play has not improved Carter should see action there from day 1. I feel like if I was Uga that would be where I would attack our defense. I would force our safeties to have to cover and tackle and we just did a poor job of it last year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree with you safety is a big concern...

Jun 28, 2021, 11:41 AM

but inserting a summer enrollee freshman in the opener probably isn't a good idea. That's a recipe for mistakes to happen.

That said, Carter's potential is off the charts but I don't expect him to contribute much early in the season.

Re: Carter's gotta have Venables foaming at the mouth

Jun 28, 2021, 12:23 PM [ in reply to Carter's gotta have Venables foaming at the mouth ]

Agreed with everything above. Can't wait to see what Carter brings, but hopefully in due time, not because of need.

This would be a great season to open with a cupcake, but that never seems to work out. Haha.

Bring on the puppies.

Re: TNET: Which summer enrollees have the best chance to contribute this season?

Jun 30, 2021, 7:00 PM

Bubba Chandler, Troy Staleto & the two offensive Linemen with both coming in with the ability to start!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Re: TNET: Which summer enrollees have the best chance to contribute this season?

Jul 1, 2021, 2:03 AM

If Tristan Leigh is legit, I think he has a great chance to become a starter during the season.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic