Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
'What's wrong with the SEC?' - ESPiN
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 2,193

'What's wrong with the SEC?' - ESPiN

Sep 23, 2017, 9:03 AM

Finebaum claims 'It's the media, Bama is still #1 so all it right with the world.'

I'd say it's the Playoff Committee and system limiting ESPiN's control over the polls. The SEC hasn't changed.

What say ye, my fellow Tigers?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So, the MEDIA that moved Bama to the top of the list, based

Sep 23, 2017, 9:10 AM

on nothing, is responsible for the SEC tanking........

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So, the MEDIA that moved Bama to the top of the list, based

Sep 23, 2017, 9:23 AM

That was FB's contention. Imo, the media has failed the SEC. They've failed to properly pump the SEC brand but it's not because they haven't tried. In the past ESPiN talkers have made themselves look foolish or just plain dishonest with SEC hype.

If they pumped the SEC now everybody would know they are either fools or liars.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think the ESECPN network has actually hurt them.

Sep 23, 2017, 9:53 AM

For all ESPN's pushing the greatness of the SEC, constant showing of their games has proven that most of their teams(discounting Alabama) are very average and no better than other conferences. And that the SEC-East is below average compared to the others.

Re: I think the ESECPN network has actually hurt them.

Sep 23, 2017, 10:23 AM

That and for a while the playing in the SEC card got recruits there. They not only have been exposed but seems guys wanted to elsewhere and do their own thing.

We have had guys drafted at every position and it was noted in the Carman 247 interview that our last position to get a player drafted in a high round is on O-line, which happens with Hyatt.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 'What's wrong with the SEC?' - ESPiN

Sep 23, 2017, 10:26 AM

They are still trying. The SEC has 6 teams in the Top 25.

They also have went to their plan B, the B1G. They have 4 teams in the Top 10 and without any merrit. They were exposed last year and will be exposed again this year.

Sep 23, 2017, 10:39 AM

I think it has a lot to do with coaching. Right now the ACC has better coaching staffs top to bottom than the SEC. 5-10 years ago I couldn't say that.

Sep 23, 2017, 10:46 AM

It does to a point. Which is why Miss St and Vandy are competing. Still, the better the initial talent means the coaches have more to work with. But yeah, coaching up and schemes are the main factor, the talent is secondary, imo. Coaching can take a recruit up, down, or stuck in neutral.

1/2 of the teams in the top 25 with a loss are from the SEC

Sep 23, 2017, 10:49 AM

1/2 of the SEC teams in the top 25 have a loss. 1/3rd of the teams in the top 25 with a loss, lost to Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

do you think ESPN will start consciously downplaying the SEC

Sep 23, 2017, 10:53 AM

as the SEC Network contract renewal negotiations draw closer?

I know it's still a few years away, but ESPN realizes that they WAY overpaid for this SEC crapfest. Basketball is (and always will be) a pit of feces, now football has fallen off a cliff. SEC Baseball is probably the strongest sport now, but is basically unmarketable as a national draw.

Probably lots of self-analysis taking place now for future contracts.

Sep 23, 2017, 10:58 AM

The 3 announcers on the UVA/BSU game last night indicated the SEC to be the FIFTH best conference overall. FIFTH. One guy had them SIXTH. They all said it is Bama and nobody else.

Replies: 10
| visibility 2,193
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic