Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
BJ Goodson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 3,161

BJ Goodson

Aug 21, 2017, 8:22 PM

Starting ILB for Giants. You gotta love a Tiger who has worked super hard to get where he is. Not a big name even when suiting up for Clemson. Just a workman mentality and now he's a starter in NY.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Uuuuhhhh, he was an NFL LB his sr year...unlike sumone

Aug 21, 2017, 8:29 PM

else

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

He wasn't even 1st team All-ACC his senior year. Wut?***

Aug 21, 2017, 9:07 PM

Re: He wasn't even 1st team All-ACC his senior year. Wut?***

Aug 22, 2017, 8:58 AM

Second-team All-ACC (media) ... third-team All-ACC (coaches) ... fourth-team All-American by Phil Steele ... leading tackler on the squad with 160 total stops, including 14 for loss and 5.5 sacks ... second on the team with 17 quarterback pressures ... had two recovered fumbles, most on the team ... posted 12 tackles, including 0.5 for loss, in the opener against Wofford ... team-high 12 stops, with three quarterback pressures, in a win at Louisville ... ACC Linebacker of the Week following Notre Dame win, where he posted an interception and fumble recovery in the fourth quarter; was first time since Terry Kinard vs. Notre Dame in 1979 that a Tiger had two takeaways in the fourth quarter of a win by seven or less ... notched 12 tackles and two pressures against Georgia Tech ... followed with similar numbers versus Boston College, with 12 tackles ... notched seven tackles and three pressures at Miami ... posted three tackles for loss, including a sack and caused fumble, at NC State ... named defensive player-of-the-game by the coaches for his efforts ... also earned the honor against Florida State the next game after collecting 12 tackles, including 3.5 for loss, two sacks and a fumble recovery ... named ACC Linebacker of the Week following the game ... notched game-high 14 stops at Syracuse ... tallied 11 tackles, including three for loss and 1.5 sacks, at South Carolina ... had key pass deflection that led to an interception to start the second half in the ACC Championship Game ... recorded top tackle total by a Tiger all season with 19 stops in the Orange Bowl win over Oklahoma ... added an interception, one of two by Tiger linebackers in the second half of the win ... collected team-high 14 tackles in National Championship Game against Alabama.

But sure not a "big name" at least not to you.

Re: BJ Goodson

Aug 21, 2017, 9:30 PM

He's really put together . ( per Monday night football )

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 22, 2017, 4:13 AM

Sorry but you don't know football if you didn't appreciate BJ Goodson while he was here. Lead the team in tackles in at least one year if I remember right. He was a huge part of that #1 defense.

Aug 22, 2017, 7:23 AM

Sorry but you don't know anything about the English language if you can read my original post & came to the conclusion I didn't think BJ was a solid player here.

I knew he led us in tackles his last year but still didn't see this coming. But you did? Right.

Siriusly. There should be a reading comprehension exam before being allowed to post on this bored.

Aug 22, 2017, 7:31 AM

Here's the problem with some of these posters. All they read from your OP is "Not a big name even when suiting up for Clemson". They did not read any of the positive you wrote. Then they proceed hive you heck about it. That annoys me to no end. Good post man. Yes BJ was an under the radar guy at Clemson and he silently worked his tail off, had a awesome senior year, and now is killing it in the NFL.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 22, 2017, 10:47 AM [ in reply to Re: BJ Goodson ]

He was a heat seeking missile on Mike blitzes up the middle. So much fun to watch.

Aug 22, 2017, 10:38 AM

Bottom line, (and back to the reality of what happened last night), BJ finished with seven tackles, a sack, abtackle for a loss and quarterback hit. That's two sacks in two preseason games.

People in NY are LOVING the kid and to be running that defense, with all of those veterans in front of him, in his 2nd year, under McAdoo? Says ALOT. Let's go Giants!

Replies: 9
| visibility 3,161
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic