Topic: I'm watching the last drive for about the 50th time, and
Replies: 9   Last Post: Aug 19, 2017 11:55 AM by: ZeeGantt®
[ Tiger Board(s) - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 9   Pages: 1  

I'm watching the last drive for about the 50th time, and

[5]
Posted: Aug 19, 2017 8:44 AM

every time I hear Chris Fowler say,"They're not showing a lot of urgency in this last drive"...I think,"Not a lot of panic either".

Re: I'm watching the last drive for about the 50th time, and

Posted: Aug 19, 2017 9:01 AM

Just me or does it seem like not enough time goes off the clock on the Williams PI play that moves us to the goal line. The glock goes from 9 to 6 seconds. So with 9 seconds we had theoretically 3 plays. The Williams play, the TD, and then 1 second for a third play would of been a fg.

Had more time gone off the clock on the Williams play and we had 4 or 5 seconds instead of 6, we likely kick a fg.

3 secs went off the clock on the Williams play, the same

Posted: Aug 19, 2017 9:55 AM

amount of time that went off the clock when we spiked it after getting the first down.....does not seem possible...

Re: 3 secs went off the clock on the Williams play, the same

[1]
Posted: Aug 19, 2017 10:14 AM

Well, the clock starts at the ready-for-play signal from the ref on the spike play and not until the snap on the Williams PI play.

Also, since game clocks in football don't reflect tenths of seconds (like basketball ones within the last minute), it's possible that the Williams play took as long as 3.9 seconds.

In any case, I think the time-keeper did a fantastic, unassailable job that night.

:)

null

Re: 3 secs went off the clock on the Williams play, the same

Posted: Aug 19, 2017 11:55 AM

Bama Tiger; nice explanation...

Posted: Aug 19, 2017 10:03 AM

I was panicking enough for all of us.

No doubt, Deshaun Ice Veins Watson

Posted: Aug 19, 2017 10:06 AM

was not freaking out at all like I was

How many times did he say Clemzon?*

Posted: Aug 19, 2017 10:11 AM

Nm

Posted: Aug 19, 2017 11:49 AM

Watson so calm that he drops his mouthpiece early in the drive while in the shotgun, casually picks it up, puts it in his mouth and continues his LEGENDARY drive. Unflappable/unique player throwing balls to guys who were giving their all to get open and snag balls. Thank goodness Hunter was too quick for the DB to tackle him at the goal line as they were clearly trying to do (and rightfully so). Good to be a Tiger. Good to have ANOTHER Championship moment (hope we don't have to wait another 35 years and expect it will be a tenth or less before Dabo has his second). Enjoy

Only 50 times? I thought u were all-in Spud.***

Posted: Aug 19, 2017 11:53 AM

Replies: 9   Pages: 1  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Boston College
FOR SALE: Two (2) tickets -- North Stands, Section TDS, Row F, Seats 13 & 15. Selling both for $80 via PayPal....

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Board(s) - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
899 people have read this post