Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I'm watching the last drive for about the 50th time, and
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,309

I'm watching the last drive for about the 50th time, and

Aug 19, 2017, 8:44 AM

every time I hear Chris Fowler say,"They're not showing a lot of urgency in this last drive"...I think,"Not a lot of panic either".

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm watching the last drive for about the 50th time, and

Aug 19, 2017, 9:01 AM

Just me or does it seem like not enough time goes off the clock on the Williams PI play that moves us to the goal line. The glock goes from 9 to 6 seconds. So with 9 seconds we had theoretically 3 plays. The Williams play, the TD, and then 1 second for a third play would of been a fg.

Had more time gone off the clock on the Williams play and we had 4 or 5 seconds instead of 6, we likely kick a fg.

3 secs went off the clock on the Williams play, the same

Aug 19, 2017, 9:55 AM

amount of time that went off the clock when we spiked it after getting the first down.....does not seem possible...

Re: 3 secs went off the clock on the Williams play, the same

Aug 19, 2017, 10:14 AM

Well, the clock starts at the ready-for-play signal from the ref on the spike play and not until the snap on the Williams PI play.

Also, since game clocks in football don't reflect tenths of seconds (like basketball ones within the last minute), it's possible that the Williams play took as long as 3.9 seconds.

In any case, I think the time-keeper did a fantastic, unassailable job that night.

:)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: 3 secs went off the clock on the Williams play, the same

Aug 19, 2017, 11:55 AM

Bama Tiger; nice explanation...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 19, 2017, 10:03 AM

I was panicking enough for all of us.

No doubt, Deshaun Ice Veins Watson

Aug 19, 2017, 10:06 AM

was not freaking out at all like I was

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How many times did he say Clemzon?*

Aug 19, 2017, 10:11 AM

Nm

Aug 19, 2017, 11:49 AM

Watson so calm that he drops his mouthpiece early in the drive while in the shotgun, casually picks it up, puts it in his mouth and continues his LEGENDARY drive. Unflappable/unique player throwing balls to guys who were giving their all to get open and snag balls. Thank goodness Hunter was too quick for the DB to tackle him at the goal line as they were clearly trying to do (and rightfully so). Good to be a Tiger. Good to have ANOTHER Championship moment (hope we don't have to wait another 35 years and expect it will be a tenth or less before Dabo has his second). Enjoy

Only 50 times? I thought u were all-in Spud.***

Aug 19, 2017, 11:53 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,309
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic