Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
David's post that starts talking about
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 2,018

David's post that starts talking about

Aug 15, 2017, 9:24 AM

standing in a spot where he can see DV, the lake and the mountains made me think...

We need a viewing tower. We need to find the spot on campus that has the best 360 degree view..where you can see into DV and see the mountains and see the lake, a tower that every game day would have the networks scrambling to place a camera. A tower where the coaches could take a recruit and say "take a look around.."

I know we can see all that from the upper decks, but that isn't always accessible.

We need a campus view tower..one that would make Oral Roberts University jealous.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Are you expecting trouble from the Kent St fans?***

Aug 15, 2017, 9:26 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: David's post that starts talking about

Aug 15, 2017, 9:29 AM

Why knot bungee jumping from the Oculus?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tillman tower works, but it's not accessible either.

Aug 15, 2017, 10:05 AM

The Penthouse of "The Clemson House" used to work ... but, oh well.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I already have that view.

Aug 15, 2017, 10:11 AM

From my north upper deck seats.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

My room in Johnstone D-6 had that view.

Aug 15, 2017, 11:11 AM

It was pure therapy to watch the sunsets.

Orange sky, sun slipping behind the mountains, shimmering lake forming a backdrop to the stadium, all framed by the surrounding trees and open spaces of the campus. It was simultaneously beautiful, peaceful, awe inspiring, and very restorative. Except for rainy or overcast days it was almost every day.

I imagine the upper floors of the new "CORE" building should have a similar view. My room was basically 5 stories high (where the CORE buildings are) looking west right down the middle of Death Valley.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My room in Johnstone D-6 had that view.

Aug 15, 2017, 11:35 AM

You sure do have a way with words. I roomed in Johnstone too and remember those gorgeous sunsets over the Appalachians. Would light up my room orange.........of course. :)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe the Architect would consider adding a viewing deck to

Aug 15, 2017, 11:53 AM [ in reply to My room in Johnstone D-6 had that view. ]

the new core building then.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Replies: 7
| visibility 2,018
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic