Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Harper, Trout or Judge ?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 2,235

Harper, Trout or Judge ?

Jul 17, 2017, 3:55 AM

Who would you rather have if you had a choice? Just a recent note on Judge, he's on pace to hit 50-60 homeruns this year. Most saw the Derby. Without getting into the stats or personalities, for a slugger on your team who would it be? Judge he is the wow factor right now, but others have more experience. I see nothing but possibilities & upside in all 3. There are others you can mention, but out these BIG 3, who would it be? Just curious as an old baseball fan, grew up back when Dale Murphy was hitting homers out of the old ball field for the Braves. Don't keep up with it as much as I used to, but these 3 players I think you could win a championship with. What say you?

Message was edited by: ATech®

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Harper, Trout or Judge ?

Jul 17, 2017, 5:16 AM

Mike Trout is still the best player in baseball, and has been for a few years now. I'd happily take any of the 3, though. Cody Bellinger looks pretty darn good, too.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 17, 2017, 7:07 AM

ATech, excellent question!
I'm hung up on my answer. It's between Trout and Harper for me. I'm following Judge but will need to see another season from him. Another plus for him is poise and humility.
I'll take Trout. Beyond his five tools he's a good clubhouse presence and absolutely nothing controversial about him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: wHarper, Trout or Judge ?

Jul 17, 2017, 7:08 AM

ATech.... What say you?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: wHarper, Trout or Judge ?

Jul 17, 2017, 2:15 PM

Out of those 3, Mike Trout. Been watching him for a while, great player.

Jul 17, 2017, 8:18 AM

Trout.

Anyway day of the week and twice on Sunday. Living definition and possibly the only true "5-tool player" in the league.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Well, my first thought was, "I remember Harper, but I don't

Jul 17, 2017, 8:21 AM

remember Trout or Judge ever being our quarterback, so I guess I can't say.....".

This Judge?

Jul 17, 2017, 8:24 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: This Judge?

Jul 17, 2017, 8:32 AM

pffftt

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This Judge?***

Jul 17, 2017, 8:38 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Trout, then Betts

Jul 17, 2017, 9:55 AM

Then the rest.

Re: Trout, then Betts

Jul 17, 2017, 10:05 AM

Judge is not that great against quality pitching. The sox completely shut him down this weekend.... thanks to a great play by J Bradley!

The home run derby uses juiced balls so you can't put a lot into that performance

Jul 17, 2017, 10:51 AM

Carlos Correa

Jul 17, 2017, 1:13 PM

Ron Gant!

Jul 17, 2017, 1:45 PM

None of them. Goldschmidt is the best player in baseball.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nah, Trout is definitely still the best player in baseball

Jul 17, 2017, 2:23 PM

and has been for 6 years now. And even though it seems he's been around forever, he's still just 25 which is the same age as Judge and just one year older than Harper.

The only thing with Trout is that he's missed 30 or so games recently with a thumb injury.

Trout and Goldschmidt have been in the majors the same number of years and have almost the exact same number of games played and total ABs. Trout is leading him in basically every relevant statistic. Goldschmidt is a darn good player too, he's just not quite Mike Trout.

Re: Nah, Trout is definitely still the best player in baseball

Jul 17, 2017, 3:09 PM

Goldschmidt also hasn't had a Pujols in the lineup protecting him either. But I would agree that they are the 2 top players in baseball and I'm not mad at anyone who chooses either. I just hate when people don't include Goldschmidt in the discussion and don't understand why he's ignored. The guy is a beast.

Re: Nah, Trout is definitely still the best player in baseball

Jul 17, 2017, 3:16 PM

Goldschmidt - 870G 3154AB 571R 161HR 578RBI 113SB .301AVG .401OBP .933OPS

Trout - 861G 3172AB 636R 184HR 533RBI 154SB .308AVG .408OBP .974OPS

Harper - 741G 2654AB 488R 143HR 403RBI 60SB .284AVG .388OBP .901OPS

IMO Harper just isn't on their level yet but definitely will be if continues doing what he's doing this season.

Jul 17, 2017, 3:00 PM

Trout. He's not flashy, he's very rarely injured, and he just plays the game. He hits 30 home runs a year, bats for a plus .300 average, plays stellar defense and steal bases like a machine. Best player in the game

Replies: 18
| visibility 2,235
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic