Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
4 star d-line decommitts from LSU
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

4 star d-line decommitts from LSU

Jun 19, 2017, 4:25 PM

Jamarcus Chatman, a 4-star defensive tackle recruit, decommitted from LSU on Sunday. Chatman had been committed to the Tigers since late April.

Jamarcus Chatman, a 4-star defensive tackle out of Rome, Georgia, announced via Twitter Sunday morning that he has decommitted from LSU. Chatman had previously committed to the Tigers back in April, but has since rethought that decision.

Chatman stated on Twitter that he thinks “Louisiana State University is a great place to be, but this is the right decision for me.”

In addition to LSU, the 6-foot-2, 267-pound recruit has visited Wake Forest, Miami (FL), and the University of Tennessee since April 1st of 2017. What’s interesting to note is that Chatman’s decommitment from LSU came just one day after he took his unofficial visit to Knoxvillle for the Volunteers’ “Orange Carpet Day,” in which the team hosts a number of it’s top recruiting targets. This has some believing that Tennessee, the first SEC school to offer Chatman, is now right in the mix to land his services.

The fact that the Vols gave an offer to Chatman’s high school teammate, Jaquon Griffin, over the weekend could also play a significant role in Chatman’s decision to reopen his recruiting process. Chatman has stated in the past that he and Griffin are a “package deal,” according to 247Sports, and now they both have offers from Tennessee.

Despite the evidence supporting the theory that Chatman may be leaning towards committing to Tennessee, the defensive tackle has received 58 scholarship offers in total, meaning his options are far from limited. He is the No. 24 defensive tackle in the 2018 class, per Scout.

Aside from the Vols, another school that appears to be heavily targeting Chatman is the University of Miami (FL). Coach Mark Richt and the Hurricanes currently have 247Sports’ No. 2 ranked 2018 recruiting class, while Tennessee comes in at No. 8 on that list.

If Chatman were to choose Miami, he would be the team’s 14th 4-star commit. Tennessee currently has five such commits.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Looks like Richt has the U right on track like UGA

Jun 19, 2017, 4:38 PM

Stellar recruiting and nothing to show for it. I don't see how he convinces so many high potential kids to come to his programs.

Re: Looks like Richt has the U right on track like UGA

Jun 19, 2017, 4:43 PM

Right? Then again, I always questioned L'ville's and UNC's recruiting prowess, too! Maybe there's a 'little sump'n sump'n' in the K-ville hill?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 19, 2017, 5:37 PM

Don't think I have ever seen so many decommitments. Wonder why ?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 19, 2017, 6:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Looks like Richt has the U right on track like UGA ]

Richt was pretty good at UGA, just didn't get to a NCG game. Wasn't he one play away by almost beating Bama just 2-3 years ago?

And he's not a complete idiot like Les Miles who lucked into having first class assistants that went on to winning NCG's with their own teams.

Re: 4 star d-line decommitts from LSU

Jun 19, 2017, 5:39 PM

Dakareon Joyner must have got him to flip with the promise he would lead him to a national title.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic