Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: ESPN GameDay, ND at Clemson score big overnight TV ratings
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

FB Update: ESPN GameDay, ND at Clemson score big overnight TV ratings

Oct 4, 2015, 12:40 PM

ESPN GameDay, ND at Clemson score big overnight TV ratings

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well .... can't say any of this surprises. Everybody wants

Oct 4, 2015, 12:48 PM

to watch the TIGERS. Right?

Re: ESPN GameDay, ND at Clemson score big overnight TV ratings

Oct 4, 2015, 12:57 PM

We beat Ole Miss v. Bama. That's a pretty telling stat. People either love them some Clemson, Notre Dame, or seeing ND get hammered. I'll take it.

Why late starts matter: a view from California

Oct 4, 2015, 1:28 PM

From my freshman year in 1999 to 2013, I hated early games in DV. When I was a student...those noon games seem to come a bit too early following a Friday night, and the sun/heat is ridiculous in early September. And when I moved to Charlotte to live and work, a noon game meant getting up before 6am to pack the car, hopefully avoid traffic, and tailgate- I'm not really the type to usually crack a 9am beer, but when the moment requires it...

I was however, always a fan of the 3:30 afternoon slot. No early wake up. No crush of people arriving in Clemson at the same time. No late night driving.

Evening games at DV are definitely the most fun, but they too have their pitfalls. Waiting all day is annoying and usually led to indulgence with help of Royal friends from Canada. Driving back home after what is usually an emotionally draining game(See 2013 UGa and FSU games) is not ideal, especially after a loss.

Now, I'm going on my second season from the west coast- a land with nary a serious interest in college football. They do have a passing interest though. And I can say, the later the start the better exposure for Clemson. No one I know from NorCal, watched the first two games given they started around 9am local. Lots of folks watched the Louisville game, and lots more watched the Notre Lame game.

So, for those of you blessed to be able to travel to God's country on Saturdays, please know that the late starts have a positive effect on the rest of the country. Last night was epic. It showed the rest of the country what Clemson is all about.

(And yes, people like watching Dabo dance.)

Re: Why late starts matter: a view from California

Oct 4, 2015, 7:41 PM

Great point. More positive exposure equals more respect.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic