Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Watkins moving closer to decision, per KornCOOT
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Watkins moving closer to decision, per KornCOOT

Oct 12, 2011, 8:42 PM

October 12, 2011

By Phil Kornblut

DL Carlos Watkins of Forest City, NC will announce his college decision Friday night after his game. He is choosing between Clemson and Florida. His coach, Daniel Bailey, said tonight Watkins is still working on that final decision. “Him and his parents are going to talk to his pastor and pray on it and I think tomorrow he’ll probably know his decision and stick with it,” Bailey said. “He plans on calling both schools this week. He spoke to our local (media) people today and gave them some information about Clemson and Florida and he told them everybody will find out Friday. I think he’s going to let his mom and dad know his decision.” Watkins said earlier this week he was a very slight lean to Florida.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sorry KornCoot...he will choose Clemson one reason

Oct 12, 2011, 9:06 PM

is that it is much closer to his family..AMEN!

I was at Chase HS today and talked with Carlos...

Oct 12, 2011, 9:26 PM

First off---he is a very nice and respectful young man. Was sharply dressed and used excellent manners in the couple minutes I spoke with him.

Second---I told him we are proud of his success and hope that he chooses Clemson but that we want him to be successful wherever he chooses.

Third---several other people (students and faculty alike) told me that they thought he would ultimately pick Clemson. Most said it is closer and his family seems to really LOVE Clemson.

As I said earlier today, I might be wrong but I feel really good that we get him.

(On a side note---someone "in the know" mentioned that Bullard may not qualify academically and will really need to get it in gear to pull it out. Also mentioned that Bullard definitely favors Florida, for what it's worth.)

I thought you were talking about Sammy

Oct 12, 2011, 9:28 PM

He is still considering if he should score 2 touchdowns or 3 against Maryland. He's leaning towards 3.

we're going to pull another out of Florida

Oct 12, 2011, 9:32 PM

to the dismay of the locals down there

Re: we're going to pull another out of Florida

Oct 12, 2011, 10:39 PM

He is from Forest City North Carolina.

Re: we're going to pull another out of Florida

Oct 12, 2011, 11:18 PM

play so far away from his Family & friends...not have any better career at UF than he could have at Clemson...or any better chance to make it to the NFL.

And, he could scoot home some off-days to get a taste of MaMa's home cooking and see girl friend too.

Oh my, I will never understand a teenager since it's a fact that their brains aren't fully developed til about 21.

Clemson can survive without him but this young man could do very well at Tigertown and not have to hit the long distance road or airport for 3 or 4 years.

Go TIGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nothing towards UF but why would Forest City player want to

Oct 12, 2011, 11:20 PM

***this subject title should have been with my post shown above.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think he will pick Clemson***

Oct 12, 2011, 11:20 PM [ in reply to Re: we're going to pull another out of Florida ]

Same reason Sammy, Bellamy, Steward wanted to play

Oct 12, 2011, 11:31 PM [ in reply to Re: we're going to pull another out of Florida ]

so far away from their home in Fla.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He is not from Florida but I agree***

Oct 12, 2011, 11:32 PM

you misunderstood his post. he knows the guy is not from fla

Oct 13, 2011, 5:42 AM

he was responding to why would a nc guy want to play in fla, and he said for the same reason as guys from fla coming to sc.

the OP also knew he was not from florida. he was referring to the folks in gainsville being shocked at us getting another big time recruit, a la CJ, away from them and the great UF because those folks think why would a kid go to clemson when he could go to florida.

some kids want to be close to home or stay in state.

some kids want to go get away from home and go out of state and it doesn't matter how great in state schools are.

some kids grow up loving a certain school and it doesn't matter how bad that school is, that is where those kids want to go, period. that is why it doesn't matter who the coach is or how bad they are, we will always lose great sc players to the coots.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic