Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Auburnfan Thread #1 #2 Summary
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Auburnfan Thread #1 #2 Summary

Aug 20, 2017, 10:28 PM

Save yourselves from a lot of wasted time reading through those threads and read this pithy summary:
Their coaches are better than ours
Their Offense is better than ours
Their Defense is better than ours
Their Special Teams are better than ours
If you disagree with him then you're misinformed
Did I miss anything else?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Auburnfan Thread #1 #2 Summary

Aug 20, 2017, 11:04 PM

Their message board is better than ours?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ***Seen it coming in first post***

Aug 20, 2017, 11:14 PM

As I replied getting rebuttal on the National Champion Clemson FB board. Nice guy, but constantly telling everyone why his team is better. Better WR's... and he said there was no smack talk. Telling WRU that you have the best class of WR's is laughable. Stidham hasn't seen a defense like this from his Baylor days. Period.

The best defense he has seen

Aug 21, 2017, 8:28 AM

Is the one he's seen since the beginning of this month. Even if it was against, 'the ones', which is not likely, they better hope it's enough.

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Aug 21, 2017, 12:21 PM [ in reply to Re: ***Seen it coming in first post*** ]

I said it wasn't my intention to talk smack.

There has been many posters that do not know about our talent.

By the way, you and another guy keep saying that I said Our WRs etc are better. I just replied with what I thought ... to correct him. Of course he generalized ... but In this thread, I (for the first time) told him what I thought.

I never once said our WRs are better than yours. I said they're really good. We have 2 5*s and about 10 4 *s at WR and now a 5* QB to throw the ball.

I never broke down units.

I would give the edge at WR in years past without even thinking about it. I think we've closed that gap ... I know about Cain .... But also know Mike Williams (your best by far) is gone.

Still, you may have better WRs. I think it's clear to everyone (except some Clemson fans) that we have the better QB. So it wouldn't shock me if we have more passing yards than Clemson in Week 2.

Aug 21, 2017, 12:53 PM

While you are mentioning Mike Williams being gone, are you also bothering to acknowledge that he was missing the entire 2015 season. ..playoffs and natty as well?? Btw, Deon Cain also wasn't in the first Natty.

Aug 21, 2017, 12:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Auburnfan Thread #1 #2 Summary ]

Eh ... most of you guys are alright!

He skeered...***

Aug 20, 2017, 11:26 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 21, 2017, 7:02 AM

Their fake ### stupid looking tiger better than ours?

Aug 21, 2017, 8:11 AM

Their imaginations are better than ours, too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 21, 2017, 8:13 AM

I guess their lake is better than ours....Oh, wait...:) Go tigers! (The real ones!)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 21, 2017, 9:44 AM

I think I missed that their Chik-fil-a is better than ours too...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And

Aug 21, 2017, 9:53 AM

You forgot to tell them that Auburn didn't pay Cecil Newton just because the NCAA cleared them. Never mind that everybody under the sun knows Cam was going to the highest bidder.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: And

Aug 21, 2017, 9:59 AM

Someone replied in thread #1 with a link to a NY Times article stating that fact...conveniently he never replied...

Aug 21, 2017, 11:31 AM

Figures. Seemed like a decent guy in denial. I didn't waste my time reading that entire thread. It's like Atech said you could see how it was going to go after the first post. In return I asked how much they paid Cecil at some point waaay down the thread and Spud asked a similar question after mine to which he responded that Auburn was cleared of any wrongdoing. He said Cecil got paid nothing. I was just ribbing the guy a little because again you could tell by the first post how it would go. They're still in denial even though it's obvious to everyone that Cam was kind of like a mercenary in that he was going to the highest bidder. That bidder was Auburn period.

Aug 21, 2017, 12:14 PM

Ha Ha Ha .... You guys are funny.

Does cheating happen? Yes. IS it possible Cam was paid?? Watson was Played??? several players at Bama??? Sure. I know when I was at AU players would get blank envelopes with a little cash. It happens. It's happened since the 70s at least.

But do I buy into the $180,000 ..... LOL NO!

The NCAA was staked out at Auburn for 16 months .... They found NOTHING .... I'm not talking about Cecil ... I'm talking about NOTHING. For months all we heard from the Bams is "They're going to get you on something else". AU hasn't been on probation since some shady stuff was going on in 1989. Suspension occurred in 92.

Cecil tried to get money. The only fact is that he tried and failed to get money from Miss St.

I do have a question

Aug 21, 2017, 12:55 PM

Why are you so confident About your offense of line? We had 14 tackles for loss last year. And our defensive line is just as good if not better then last year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I do have a question

Aug 21, 2017, 12:55 PM [ in reply to Re: And ]

Why are you so confident About your offense of line? We had 14 tackles for loss last year. And our defensive line is just as good if not better then last year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 21, 2017, 12:10 PM [ in reply to Re: And ]

Show me what you're talking about. That thread had 10+ pages and 200 replies. Correct, I didn't reply to all.

Stating what Fact???? That he asked MSU for $180K ... if that's the case I agree.
Something else?

Aug 21, 2017, 11:38 AM

You sure that wasn't a Coot board?

Aug 21, 2017, 12:08 PM

You sound like a fun guy to have a beer with ....

I never said any of that.
I would say Dabo is better than Gus (One has a Ring as a HC, the other came up 13 seconds short)
I will go out on a limb and say I think Our offense is/will be better
the D is a toss up. I love our DL but would say Clemson's is better. Phil Steele ranks Clemson's DL
#1 in the nation. He ranks AU's LBs, DL, and DBs all in the top 10 ... So you could argue that AU's is better overall. Still a toss up imo for overall D.
Special teams I would say Auburn ... We have the best kicker in the country. 2 year runner up for the Lou Groza award. Get us to the 40 and we have at least 3.
I can't say with 100% though ... because I do not know Clemson's KOR and PR ... if you had a Warrick Dunn type of player than I'm unaware of ... That could even out the ST.

So, you're saying Dabo is 14 seconds better than Gus?

Aug 21, 2017, 12:54 PM

Venables is ? better than Steele.

I think both of our defenses will be pretty salty, but I stand by the view that Venables is a major upgrade over Steele.

I'll definitely give you FG kicker, I was at the game last year. Watching that kid kick in warmups was pretty amazing. I think he could make a 60 yarder with plenty of room to spare.

If Bryant can get the ball to them you will see that our WRs are pretty dang good. There are at least three 5-stars and none of those are named Renfrow who Alabama's 5-start DBs and greatest coach ever have famously failed to figure out how to cover (and they've had two cracks at it). Your DBs let him score a TD against you last year too.

I think the Baylor QB transfer is probably pretty good, but he was playing in the Big 12 (minus 3) which is where Oklahoma comes from and we kept playing their super awesome QBs and kept winning the games in blowouts, so there's that (and one of those games was with Watson on the sideline watching a couple of weeks removed from ACL surgery). And one of those Oklahoma QBs we crushed transferred to the SEC and became an instant starter last year (and beat y'all last year by more than we did).

So, hey, you've got a good team but so do we.

Aug 21, 2017, 1:32 PM

Just realized I forgot one...
Their eclipse is better than ours too...

I read a bit of one.

Aug 21, 2017, 2:18 PM

I haven't had to TD anyone this year yet. I reserve TDs for visiting fans who suck up enough to have a 100% pulse. Since there are Clemson Fans here who truly give their hearts to Clemson and they can't manage a 100% pulse I feel obligated to TD anyone who wants to see Clemson lose a game for any reason.

It hasn't been bad this year so my TD rate is still really low.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic