Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
In response to SnuffyS's post below, as a pastor I am also
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 559

In response to SnuffyS's post below, as a pastor I am also

Jul 15, 2008, 6:48 PM

sorry for pain caused by abortion protesters in the name of Jesus. I am sorry for pain caused to homosexuals being made to feel like sub humans by those who confuse Jesus' message of hope and life with a message of condemnation. I am sorry for those who have co-opted Jesus as a poster boy for all things right wing. I am sorry for the arrogance that covers much of what the church says in the name of the most humble man who ever lived. I am sorry for making Jesus' words, "I am the way, the truth, and the life" sound threatening as opposed to inviting. I am sorry most of all that we have focused on these things while ignoring the evident stuff rampant in our churches, like adultery, lying, gossip and other stuff that makes us look like a joke to the world we would like to impact. We have traded the gospel for the law, and it's a horrible trade. The law didn't save Old Testament Israel and it won't save us. I am a pastor of a church in Charlotte. Homosexuals are welcome, so are those who preform abortions and those who have them. Muslims and Buddhists will always find our doors open to them. Jesus is a savior to those who have missed the mark. Perfect people don't need a savior. Perfect people will probably be uncomfortable at Journey (my church) with all us screw ups around them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Rev is passing the point plate - everybody pitch in 10%

Jul 15, 2008, 6:55 PM

well said Rev.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Indeed, well said

Jul 15, 2008, 6:56 PM

It is no small thing that of Faith, Hope, and Love God designates Love as the greatest.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hate the sins, but love the sinners. I used to hear that

Jul 15, 2008, 6:58 PM

often, and I actually know people who practice it.

However, there seems to be fewer and fewer who believe and practice as you and they do.

In addition

Jul 15, 2008, 7:02 PM

One problem I have often come across with folks who claim to "Hate the sin, love the sinner", is that what it often turns into is "Hate THAT sin, claim to love the sinner".

Not in all cases (and certainly not in RevMark's), but too dang often we decide which offense to God should carry more weight, when in the end it is only His forgiving loving Grace that allows any chance of reconciliation with Him (no matter the sin we commit).

God is bigger than our pettiness, and I'm dang glad He is.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good post rev, while I may not agree with everyone..........

Jul 15, 2008, 7:00 PM

on things they do or their beliefs it's not my place to judge them.

If someone is my friend they're my friend no matter if I agree with everything pertaining them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd have an entirely different opinion on organized religion

Jul 15, 2008, 7:01 PM

if the rest of the crowd had actually figured out what you have.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

great post, thank you!***

Jul 15, 2008, 7:49 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FF-420 ~ Team MDX

Greatest post ever on Tigernet!!!***

Jul 15, 2008, 7:59 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are a great guy. It takes guts to stand up for sane

Jul 15, 2008, 8:27 PM

faith in your position.

wow

Jul 15, 2008, 9:03 PM

great post.

Nice post.....what I don't understand is....

Jul 15, 2008, 9:06 PM

Are many "mainstream" churches in which sinners are not welcome? I've not been exposed to many personally.

I understand your basic point and agree completely. My concern is that "mainstream" churches get painted with a broad brush based on the actions of some crazies, which I content are not representative of the Church united.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Should we be surprised?

Jul 15, 2008, 11:35 PM

Jesus said the world will hate you because of him.

John 15:18 "If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first."

Just continue to love.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well said***

Jul 15, 2008, 10:26 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know who you are...You're Joel Olsten!

Jul 15, 2008, 11:39 PM

:)

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

No. He actually mentioned Jesus...

Jul 16, 2008, 12:07 AM

;)

Wow. From the sound of your words, I'm not sure there is

Jul 16, 2008, 6:56 AM

any need for you to apologize to anyone.

I continue to be amazed, however, at the ideological splits in how different folk interpret the same words. And that's not just a function of Christianity, based on what I've seen, but of religion. Peace be with you and your's.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-snuffys.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

...I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent.

That is a more 'Christian' comment than I've ever heard...

Jul 16, 2008, 8:40 AM

from about 97% of the 'Christians' I know.

Well done.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 559
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic