Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tiger Pulse concerns
TigerNet Website - Site Feedback and Suggestions
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 1

Tiger Pulse concerns

Nov 15, 2014, 1:25 AM

I have two questions regarding the integrity of the Tiger Pulse system:

1) How does one garner a 19% Tiger Pulse from the few posts that I've made? No rules were broken, nothing degrading or derogatory was said, but I still have a 19% Tiger Pulse?

2) How come no matter if I click on a thumbs down or thumbs up, it still gives a 100% to that user? Is that not fishy to anyone?

How does a system like Tiger Pulse which I've NEVER seen on any other message board, promote free speech and not create hesitation when speaking one's thoughts? Not to mention the description of "tiger pulse" is an average of all thumb ups and downs and "a little something else"? Again, is that not super fishy to anyone?

I have to keep telling myself this is not a Clemson site, but a homegrown fan site to keep things in perspective.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tiger Pulse concerns

Nov 15, 2014, 9:49 AM

1. TigerPulse is an average, so when you first start out it any TU or TD is going to make a big impact. That is pretty low over 88 posts, but you can get it back up.

2. If a user has ~100 posts or more, then a single TU or TD is not going to affect the average enough to change the overall pulse.

TigerPulse is actually designed to create a little bit of hesitation in posting, although I'm not sure it really does. It's basically a reputation, so people have a little context to go along with your post. You don't have to pump orange sunshine to get a TU, but if the post is negative, just make sure there are no personal attacks and it is well thought out.

Donors do get a slight boost to their pulse, but it's not enough to help them avoid a low pulse if they are getting a lot of TD's.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 1
TigerNet Website - Site Feedback and Suggestions
add New Topic