Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
UGA vs Clemson 2013
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 73
| visibility 1

UGA vs Clemson 2013

Feb 17, 2013, 3:20 PM

Georgia Fan here.

The popular talk about this game is Tajh Boyd vs a young but talented UGA defense, for possibly 3 of them, this will be their first ever college game. (Tray Matthews, Josh Harvey-Clemons, and someone else).

That will be something to watch.

But the elephant in the room is really about how Clemson's defense, which also lost some good players, is going to handle Aaron Murray returning 3 of his 4 top receivers, both tight ends, entire offensive line, and the SEC's leading running back from 2012.

Coots I know say all kinds of negative things about your team, and qb, I'm not buying in. I think yall are pretty good.

What, specifically, is Clemson going to bring to the table defensively in the opener vs UGA. Give me a rough roster/depth chart. Links to player pages are always appreciated too. I can return the favor, if interested.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson didn't really lose anybody important on defense

Feb 17, 2013, 3:24 PM

In fact, Clemson will be much improved on defense. Yes, Georgia is going to be very, very good offensively, but I do think that playing at our place will slow you down a bit.

As you say, it will probably all come down to whether Clemson can slow Georgia down, because I expect us to absolutely abuse your defense.

As far as a roster, I'll just give you a rough overview of what's returning. We bring back all of our DTs and one of our starting DEs, while we lose Malliciah Goodman at the other end of the line. Goodman came up big towards the end of the season, especially against LSU, but was a non-factor most of the year. We should be able to replace him with somebody with more consistent pass rushing ability. Vic Beasley is an undersized end who has gotten after the QB, but unless he adds some weight he probably won't be the regular DE.

We bring back most of our LBs, but we lose Tig Willard. Whoever replaces him will probably be more talented, if not as consistent, because we've had some great LB classes in the last few years.

Our d-line and LBs were probably the strenght of our defense last year, but that's only because the secondary was weak all year. Part of the reason for that was because our top CB was out all year, then we lost two more starters later in the year. All of those guys will be back, plus Mackensie Alexander. We do lose both safeties, but neither of those guys were very good last year. So I guess what I'm saying is that we can't do anything but get better in the secondary, and I expect us to with the talent we've got.

Message was edited by: camcgee®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson didn't really lose anybody important on defense

Feb 17, 2013, 4:31 PM

>
> As you say, it will probably all come down to whether
> Clemson can slow Georgia down, because I expect us to
> absolutely abuse your defense.
>

Georgia's likely 2013 3-4 Defense

DE- Garrison Smith 6-3 300, started every game in 2012

NT- Chris Mayes 6-4 340 JUCO transfer and early enrollee, he's not as big as John Jenkins, but he's not fat either. I saw a picture of him from two weeks ago, he's 340 pounds of muscle, a true beast.

DT- John Atkins 6-4 300, another early enrollee.

Other linemen in the rotation, and could be starters, will see how spring and summer practice go:

Ray Drew (jr) 6-5 285
Johnathan Taylor (soph) 6-4 335
Sterling Bailey (soph) 6-3 300

Linebackers:

ILB (or OLB depending on who you ask)- Jordon Jenkins (jr) 5 star recruit. 6-3 257

ILB- Amarlo Herrera 6-2 245 Also a 5 star guy.

Those two linebackers combined for half of all fumbles recovered by UGA defense in 2012.

Other linebackers of note- (all 4 stars or better at time of recruitment, except one)

Josh Harvey-Clemons, 6-5 225, 4.45 40, 5 star recruited as Safety in 2012 class. Lots of speculation he'll compete for OLB role because he's got the speed to lock down a slot receiver, and the beastliness to blow up a quarterback.

TJ Stripling, 6-6 235, 4.6 40, junior I think. Competing for OLB, has seen game time, but not alot. He could probably be a starting tight end on alot of teams, but he could be mowing them down instead, at OLB.

Ramik Wilson, 6-2 224, kick returner in high school, exact 40 speed not known, junior, maybe sophomore.

James DeLoach (soph) 6-3 270, listed at OLB but could play more of a DE role for more of a 4-3 look from Grantham, but still have him listed at OLB so Grantham can still call it a 3-4.

We've got something like 15 linebackers listed on the new roster, so there's a chance we see some other names, but those are the noteworthy ones.

Corner- Damien Swann, led UGA defense in interceptions in 2012.
Other Corners-

Devin Bowman (redshirt soph)6-1 180 4.3 40, ESPN 4 star

Sheldon Dawson (soph) 5-11 181, Scout 4 star, #1 player coming out of Tennessee.

Safety- If Josh Harvey-Clemons doesn't move to OLB, he'll be the starting safety. Otherwise, true freshman Tray Matthews, 4 star recruit and early enrollee, one of Reuben Foster's buddies, will probably get the start. There are other guys who could do it, but those are the likely ones.

Wow, you should be National Champs then

Feb 17, 2013, 5:06 PM

But you're always good for pulling a Georgia'

I heard 790 today ripping Granthem saying he's a farce(despite not getting that Saints job). When you look at the numbers with all those bolting, you wern't good then either.

Clemson's going to rip you a new one bud. You're just in our way.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Talk about stars and pictures of recruits all day...

Feb 17, 2013, 7:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson didn't really lose anybody important on defense ]

but the fact is you lose 9 starters from the #32 defense, in a league that doesn't have many high powered offenses, and only one that even compares to ours.

Look at the bright side, your young defense is going to have nowhere to go but up after we hang 45 on them.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 18, 2013, 7:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson didn't really lose anybody important on defense ]

By the way, I think there's some confusion. In my purple wall of words above, I wasn't the one saying UGA is going to wear out Clemson. I was quoting someone else who said that about Clemson wearing out Georgia's defense, and all the stuff about likely UGA starters on defense ended up getting posted in purple letters too, and because I'm not a premium member, I can't edit it.

I was simply posting a likely UGA defensive roster in response to a Clemson fan who said they were going to wear out UGA's defense.

Feb 20, 2013, 1:31 AM

I wasn't the one saying UGA is going to wear out Clemson.

Good, because you won't.

Well, we've got a DC that believes in nut-cuttin'

Feb 17, 2013, 3:26 PM

so we've got that going for us . . .

Personal opinion: The players we lost on D

Feb 17, 2013, 3:26 PM

Are offset my the ones we recruited. We lost the weakest part of the D and get to replace them with 4 and 5 star DBs. Nuk's loss will hurt, but Sammy won't be injured or sitting for this game, and

Ellington's loss will be the most obvious, but with two supposed stud RB committed and 2 guys with decent experience, the run game might not be highlight worthy, but it won't be non-existent.

We lose our Center, but his replacement has seen snaps and was well aware he was going to have to step up. Everyone else has earned their stripes.

Overall...I don't think we take a step back on D if the DBs we recruited are worth the hype they received.

Clemson

Re: Personal opinion: The players we lost on D

Feb 20, 2013, 10:34 AM

The weak link in the likely GA defense listed above and the guys Clemson might put on the field is inexperience at the CB and safety position. Clemson should be in better shape at CB if the guys returning from injury are close to full speed and can shake off the rust. At safety, I really like Blanks, but after him, we won't be strong. Relying on true freshman at a position like safety is never a good thing. At CB, a true freshman can cover, but at safety, a true freshman should not have that many responsibilities. At safety, mistakes turn into points very quickly.

That's why I love the fact that UGa may have to count on very young and inexperienced guys to man the back end of their secondary.

Welcome to TigerNet.

Feb 17, 2013, 3:27 PM

Used to live in Athens, beautiful town, the girls too.

Someone here can give you a much better and detailed break down of our team but from a quick analysis.

Our LB corp will be our biggest plus, with some nice upperclassmen with experience.

(Steward, Parker, Anthony, Shuey)

Other then defensive tackles, we should have new faces at defensive end, safety, and with Alexander committing, maybe even DB's.

Personally, I'm glad we get you in the Valley first.

Boyd will be gone for the trip to Athens, but so will Murray.

Gurshall should be deadly this year and next though.

Re: Welcome to TigerNet.

Feb 17, 2013, 3:46 PM

>
> Our LB corp will be our biggest plus, with some nice
> upperclassmen with experience.
>
> (Steward, Parker, Anthony, Shuey)
>

Tony Steward http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/512051/tony-steward
4 star out of Florida, tore ACL and had redshirt denied. This will be his senior year, yes? 2012 stats are missing several games... Auburn, BC, SC, Duke. Hurt? Suspended? Or ESPN just missing stats?
6-1 245, spud.. middle line backer I presume.

Justin Parker http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/501693/justin-parker
3 star out of SC, ESPN has no 2012 stats for him.
6-1 225, not a big guy.

Can't finish research, wife interupting me, annoying. I'll be back.

Feb 17, 2013, 3:51 PM

Parker is decent but unless he improves big time he will be a backup.

Steward was very highly rated in high school but has yet to make a serious impact at Clemson outside of some special teams appearances.

Stephone Anthony was also a 5 star (I think, or at least a high 4 star) and has started off and on since his freshman year. He is inconsistent at times and can get eaten up on plays by being out of position. He is a great player at times and an average one on the very next play, he just has to put it all together.

Spencer Shuey is a Luke Kuechly, Brian Urlacher-type. Not incredibly athletic, not great in pass coverage but is a difference maker against the run, wraps up the ball carrier, hits hard, and just has a mean streak that is tough to keep him off the field.

Feb 17, 2013, 3:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Welcome to TigerNet. ]

Shuey looks real good, he actually has alot of tackles, 6-2 250, 4.6 - 4.7 speed.

He should certainly be starting, right?

Feb 17, 2013, 4:14 PM

Yeah, I'd expect Shuey to be starting at the Mike linebacker spot. I think Anthony gets moved outside and Kellen Jones, the transfer from Oklahoma will possibly start as well.

Feb 20, 2013, 1:25 AM

Shuey graduated dude. Wow.

Feb 21, 2013, 8:55 PM

Did I miss something? He's only used 3 years of eligibility. Can he not come back as a GS? Or has he retired from football?

Shuey has another year of eligibility. Wow***

Feb 21, 2013, 9:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Welcome to TigerNet. ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Shuey won't start next year in my opinion

Feb 21, 2013, 9:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Welcome to TigerNet. ]

Kellen Jones had the best spring and fall practice last year and has drawn a lot of praise. So Jones, Steward and Anthony get the star in my opinion. Steward is finally healthy and both will be juniors and grown up. Time for them to take over

your info's a little off...

Feb 17, 2013, 4:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Welcome to TigerNet. ]

First of all, Steward will be a junior next year. Rivals had him as the #13 overall player (5 star), but, as you say, he tore his ACL during his freshman year. As a result, last year was his first real year of playing, and he mostly played on special teams. ESPN actually does have his stats for last year: http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/gamelog/_/id/512051/tony-steward

Stephone Anthony was rated the number 24 player overall by Rivals, and is also a junior. He started off the year as the starter at MLB, but lost the job to Spencer Shuey who was more consistent (if less talented). Here are his stats: http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/511197/stephone-anthony. As you can see, he had a lot more tackles earlier in the year when he was the starter.

Spencer Shuey is a guy who really come on as the season got going. He's a big, hard nosed guy who's a great tackler. Not sure if he'll lock down the starting job at MLB with guys like Steward and Boulware on campus, but he'll probably be a factor next year.

Parker was a 4-star guy out of high school (Rivals), but hasn't really played that much.

Other guys to look out for are Quandon Christian, BJ Goodson, and Kellen Jones. Jones is a transfer from Oklahoma who apparently has looked pretty good in practice.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: your info's a little off...

Feb 17, 2013, 4:37 PM

Posted the same Steward link. There are no stats for 5 of the games. Why?

he played mostly on special teams

Feb 17, 2013, 4:42 PM

as a result of having to come back from an ACL tear.

Missing Tig Willard is a huge loss especially first game of

Feb 17, 2013, 4:45 PM [ in reply to Re: your info's a little off... ]

the season. We will miss his leadership at the LB position tremendously. Very underestimated player and not sure why more aren't mentioning this loss.

I don't trust our secondary in game 1 of the season. We return some guys at CB, but they are pretty average. I'm not gonna sit here and tout some freshmen as a savior for game 1 of the season (Mack Alexander). Safeties are young. Just really hard to know what to expect.

I think if ya'll come out with a gameplan similar to SCar, throw the ball all over the field while also controlling the clock, then it'll be a tough game for us. But at the same time, I believe we will be able to put up some points against yall. Should be a great game.

Feb 17, 2013, 9:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Welcome to TigerNet. ]

Parker was a 4 star per rivals and Espn he was injured last year so took a redshirt

Re: UGA vs Clemson 2013

Feb 17, 2013, 3:31 PM

We aren't losing anything on defense. Meeks, Hall, Brewer, Goodman? Malliciah was the only one that contributed out of that bunch and he was never a "game changer" our defense will only improve. We completely shut down LSU with our top 3 cornerbacks out for the season (Robinson, Breeland, and Jenkins.) And by adding Alexander he automatically becomes the best CB we have had in the last two years even as a true freshman.

Georgia doesn't scare me. I honestly think Aaron Murray is overrated but Gurshall is the real deal and they will be a problem.

Feb 17, 2013, 3:37 PM

We only lose 1 Defensive linemen and DT is probably the deepest position for the tigers D (5 players that could make a case for starting). Our secondary last year was suspect at best due to injuries and questionable coaching by our former DB coach, but they did show strides at the Chick fi la bowl. We return both of our starting Mike and Sam LBs, and we most like start either Stephone Anthony or Tony Steward (both 5* recruits from the class of 2011).

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Feb 17, 2013, 3:56 PM

Who are your likely starting front 4 on d?

Feb 17, 2013, 4:13 PM

Corey Crawford will keep his starting spot at DE, right now I think we will start Grady Jarret and Josh Watson at DT but there is not much of a Talent drop off (if any) with Deshawn Williams, DJ Reader, and Carlos Watkins. We lose our other starting DE from last year, Maliciah Goodman, his spot is up for grabs if Vic Beasley finds a way to put on 20-25 pounds by August I could see him starting, but that's highly unlikely. I think in the end Travaris Barnes wins the start on 8-31-2013.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Beasly only needs to put on 10 to 15 lbs

Feb 21, 2013, 9:36 PM

He is 230 last year, so 240 to 245 and he will wreak havoc.

hard to say...

Feb 17, 2013, 4:15 PM [ in reply to Re: UGA vs Clemson 2013 ]

As other have said, we really only lose one starter on the D-line, but you'll probably see more of a rotation at DT because we have a lot of great players who need to be on the field for different situaitons. You'll see Corey Crawford at DE most of the time, but Vic Beasley may rotate in with him on passing plays. You'll probably see Grady Jarrett and DeShaun Williams starting at DT, but you'll also get a heavy dose of guys like Josh Watson (he's basically a co-starter), Carlos Watkins, and DJ Reader. I think Shaq Lawson (Rivals says he was the top prep prospect this last year) could end up manning the other DE spot.

Feb 20, 2013, 12:22 PM [ in reply to Re: UGA vs Clemson 2013 ]

Grady Jarrett, Deshaun Williams, and Josh Watson rotate starting at DT. The starters for the UGA game will likely be 2 out of those 3, but they all play equal minutes

The DE starters will likely be Corey Crawford and Shaq Lawson. Lawson was in prep school last year, but I think he's way too good to keep off the field - our DEs were awful last year.

Our D-line as a whole is probably going to be average this year.

Feb 21, 2013, 8:08 PM

Thank you!

DJ Reader is a mountain and had 50 tackles in limited time

Feb 21, 2013, 9:39 PM

he will start ion my opinion unless Watkins comes on strong as expected coming out of high school. But with UGA's running game, I think you see 335 LB Reader

Feb 17, 2013, 3:44 PM

Thank you for the message though.

* We all know what Tajh Boyd brings to the table as a QB.

* Clemson lost Andre Ellington and will add Rod McDowell (Sr.) and true freshman Tyshon Dye to the fold at Running Back as well as Zac Brooks, a sophomore form Arkansas.

* Wide reciever will be a position that doesn't fall off much despite losing 'Nuk' and Jaron "Third Down" Brown. Martavis Bryant and Charone Peake were very highly rated coming out of school and haven't seen the field much because of talented guys ahead of them. They will be pretty good. Germone Hopper and some younger guys can also make an impact.

* Tight end is a question mark, Sam Cooper looks to be the guy right now but Jay Jay McCullough will be a RS Freshman and at 6'4" 235 running a 4.6 he could be a tough matchup if he develops and sees some playing time.

* Offensive line loses Dalton Freeman at Center and he will be tough to replace but I Ryan Norton or Jay Guillermo look to be the guys coming in behind him. There could be some movement at the tackle spots depending on how the spring and summer goes. Some younger guys like Isaiah Battle could push for playing time at LT or RT which could move Thomas from LT back to guard, a more natural position. The offensive line was fair-good last season and they will be pretty good next year hopefully.

* Defensive line will be alright. We failed to grab Adams or Lawson, but we did retain Shaq Lawson who went to prep-school and is on campus this semester. He will get some playing time and could make a difference in the snaps he does see. I would expect Tavaris Barnes and Vic Beasley to also make a push for Goodman's old spot. DT will be solid with a rotation of Reader, Jarrett, Watson, and Williams as well as young guys like Carlos Watkins.

* Linebackers will be the strongest part of this team besides QB and WR in my opinion. Clemson has a lot of talented linebackers and the best three will start. We lost Willard last year but you could expect to see Spencer Shuey, Stephone Anthony, Tony Steward, Justin Parker, Quandon Christian, and transfer Kellen Jones to make an impact, whichever three earn the starting spots. Ben Boulware could also avoid a redshirt and see some snaps, he's similar to Shuey in my eyes.

* Defensive backs will be a really young group with Alexander probably starting at one CB spot and Travis Blanks (Soph.) starting at one safety spot. Look for Darius Robinson, Bashaud Breeland, and Marty Jenkins to push for the other Corner spot. Safety could be a problem area with no clear cut No. 2 safety. Robert Smith could earn the other position and if not it will go to a freshman like Ronnie Geohagan or Jayron Kearse.

Feb 17, 2013, 4:06 PM

Welcome aboard "Dawg". At least you aren't a coot!! We have enough of those closet cluckers already!!

Now! On to the breakdown. Obviously, I am a Die hard Tiger, but will try to keep it in perspective.

Murray is a good quarterback for sure and you guys have an awesome running back in Gurshall. Your receivers should exploit a young CU secondary. That is your best bet on offense.

On defense, you will have to contend with 90-100 plays from scrimmage. We know you play in the SEC, but that kind of tempo is not what your used to (aka LSU), your young Defense (especially the secondary) had better be in shape.

Our X factor is Sammy Whatkins!! He was overshadowed all year by Nuk Hopkins, and sat out the entire bowl game due to injury. He will be looking to bust loose, and there is not a corner in the country that can cover him one on one.

This game is in Death Valley...probably at night. I think when all is said and done both teams are going to have invisible defenses that forget to show up in a high scoring affair.

The difference??? Tajh Boyd!!

our CBs really aren't young***

Feb 17, 2013, 4:19 PM

Feb 17, 2013, 4:30 PM

UGay had one of the most talented defenses in the nation last year but TG still managed to make them horrible. Now that they are all gone, you think the puppies stand a chance with a young D? Yeah right. They are going to have to beat Clempson on the offensive side of the ball.

uh, didn't they win the division y'all are in? what does

Feb 17, 2013, 4:45 PM

that say about usuc? get on back to fgf and let the tigers and dawgs talk some football. y'all might have a streak going, but it comes at a high cost ( this current probation y'all are on will bite you in the rear, mark it down ). i know usuc feels it has to win at all costs, but this may be higher than y'all are capable of paying.

Re: uh, didn't they win the division y'all are in? what does

Feb 19, 2013, 5:11 PM

I would if I had an account. But I don't. So therefore, me going over to "FGF" would be pointless. You must be one of those Sunshine pumpers who can't talk football due to golden rays flying out of your ###. The sight of anything Gamecock flashes you back to Alshon Tea-Bagging the Clempson defense or Clowney setting up shop in the back field, all the while you take your case of beer and sob in the corner of your double wide for yet another year. I actually enjoy discussing football with you guys, but it's idiots like you who take any fun out of it.

that's actually exactly what he said***

Feb 17, 2013, 4:59 PM [ in reply to Re: UGA vs Clemson 2013 ]

point for the "coot" reference, welcome to tigernet***

Feb 17, 2013, 9:21 PM

Okay, I'll spill the beans!

Feb 18, 2013, 3:07 AM

We'll score immediately in like 3 plays then you'll maybe keep up w/ us 'til after the 1st possession of the 4th when it becomes a 2-score game from them on out.

Your offense may look productive, smooth, fast, n' athletically similar but you'll only be trying to keep up w/ Tajh, n' well, that's just not gonna happen.

You are kinda cute though, beagles! Win the rest of your games for us, okay?! Thanks! <3<3<3

Welcome to Tigernet, deeprig9. I like your approach.

Feb 18, 2013, 7:46 AM

Georgia is always loaded with talent. It's too bad for y'all that you couldn't get a better/higher-profile team to play for your opener. I mean, after all, how much can you showcase your talent against a mere ACC team?

We'll try to make it a game. I'm sure our guys are shooting for a moral victory, just hoping not to get embarrassed.

I know you didn't come at us like that, I'm just smarting off. Really, your team had better not sleep on Clemson. It could get ugly. Our O will actually be better. You mention Tajh, but Chad Kelly will see the field, too. We'll have a package for him and he'll be a big unknown for y'all. Our OL will have grown up with four of five starters returning. There likely will be a little shuffling, though, as Battle earns the LT spot and Thomas goes back to guard. There will be great competition for three spots on the OL.

As for the D, we improve by attrition. Out of the guys we lost, only Tig Willard will really be missed, as has been pointed out. We get two experienced CBs back from injury. The secondary will be helped by several newcomers. They may have a tough learning curve, but we've got some exceptional talent on the way.

Someone else pointed out how hard it's going to be for your D to keep pace late in the game. I expect a tight one going into the fourth qtr. I don't think your offense will see much of the field for the final fifteen minutes.

Come back often. We'd very much like to hear some news from y'all's spring practice. Also, keep us informed of the barrage of arrests/suspensions sure to come this summer. ;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

No offense, but it seems as if this guy has a case

Feb 18, 2013, 9:16 AM

of typical UGA fans of late.

I don't mean that in a rude way at all, and I thank you for the post and welcome you to Tnet

However....you guys gotta learn that recruit rankings and stars go out the window once a guy signs. That don't mean shyatt anymore

If a team's success was determined by how many 4-5 star players they had on the roster, UGA would have won multiple championships over the last decade

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No offense, but it seems as if this guy has a case

Feb 18, 2013, 7:06 PM

Well, to be fair, UGA has won 2 SEC championships under Richt, and played in two more. We didn't get to play for the NC either time because we weren't lucky like Alabama, to have 4 other teams in the AP top 25 all lose games at the end.

Also, the reason I point out the 4 and 5 star guys is because I think it's important when you are talking about guys we haven't seen play, it's really all you have to go on, and I'm just trying to jibber jabber about football.

Someone on a Georgia board recently broke down all of UGA's NFL players, and what they were ranked coming out of high school. Most were 4 stars, but there were more 3 stars than 5 stars, that entered the UGA program, and ended up getting drafted in the NFL.

I wasn't trying to be a Star slut like so many SEC fans can be. As a matter of fact, when it comes to recruits and stars, UGA is actually the laughing stock of SEC fans recently because we finished somewhere around 7th or 8th among SEC teams.

Believe me, Georgia and the fans take this Clemson game very seriously.

I didn't come here to smack talk. That will come some time in August. ;)

By the way... speaking of arrests and suspensions, the more players get arrested or suspended in the Spring, the better of a season we have in the Fall. Most recent example was Isaiah Crowell, hot shot sec freshman of the year, 5 star recruit, arrested for gun on campus. Dismissed. Oh woe is me, all the dawg fans wondering how we are going to win games without our star running back. In retrospect, if Crowell wasn't arrested, Todd Gurley might be riding the pine right now. Funny how things work out.

Are you proud to be a UGA fan? Even after all the

Feb 18, 2013, 9:10 PM

thuggery that has occurred under Richt? You'd think that with all the thuggery, he'd at least have delivered a national championship.

Ignore ohson, he isn't a Tiger fan, just trying to fool

Feb 21, 2013, 9:47 PM

folks and as you can see he talks like a coot

All you had to do was beat Bama last year

Feb 21, 2013, 9:45 PM [ in reply to Re: No offense, but it seems as if this guy has a case ]

UGA had the easiest schedule in america the last 2 years and didn't convert

Welcome and thanks for

Feb 18, 2013, 11:52 PM

some insightful comments about the Dawg team. Most Tigernetters appreciated your comments and their comments are thoughtful and appreciated also.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So TNet is retarded, deeprig9, aka Mr. Manipulator? BUSTED!!

Feb 19, 2013, 3:16 PM

This guy outed you:

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=1216321&tstart=0

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Feb 19, 2013, 5:56 PM

Deeprig9, I've come by some of your posts on Georgia sites which makes me believe you are not open to insight at all.

^

Feb 19, 2013, 6:12 PM

"you guys seem to be pretty down on Clemson's OL... I think he says it's good enough to beat their little sisters in the ACC, but still $h4ty, or something to that effect. "

Re: ^

Feb 19, 2013, 7:17 PM

In order to get access to the gamecock board on the Rant, I have to talk about Clemson in a certain way. Otherwise, a Georgia fan, especially me, would never, ever, be allowed on there.

Land for sale--Oceanfront, central Arizona***

Feb 20, 2013, 11:11 AM

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: ^

Feb 19, 2013, 7:25 PM [ in reply to ^ ]

By the way, your quote is misleading. I was quoting something another gamecock had said, and was asking for them to back it up with something substantial.

Go eff urself troll.

Feb 19, 2013, 6:20 PM

Tigers roll.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This guy deeprig9 is a shady character...know dat***

Feb 19, 2013, 7:00 PM

Re: This guy deeprig9 is a shady character...know dat***

Feb 21, 2013, 9:54 PM

Hypocrite much ohson

Feb 19, 2013, 7:23 PM

Why is my tiger pulse rate going down? Because I am a bad person?

Because you're a cock-loving troll.

Feb 19, 2013, 8:16 PM

Go hump a leg somewhere else.

I wouldn't be surprised if your internet exploits have

Feb 19, 2013, 8:28 PM [ in reply to Re: UGA vs Clemson 2013 ]

earned you some special attention in the past.

Re: I wouldn't be surprised if your internet exploits have

Feb 19, 2013, 9:39 PM

You must be a fisherman. Or maybe a duck hunter. I've got my eye on you.

Yet his pulse is still double what your's is ohson

Feb 21, 2013, 9:55 PM [ in reply to I wouldn't be surprised if your internet exploits have ]

says what Tnet thinks of you huh?

You are a joke--GO AWAY!!!!!******

Feb 20, 2013, 11:08 AM [ in reply to Re: UGA vs Clemson 2013 ]

--Henry David Thoreau

Re: Re: ^

Feb 19, 2013, 8:26 PM

I see what you meant now. I am glad someone is at least asking for some facts from those cock-loving inbreds.

fake joe shmoe coot buddy***

Feb 19, 2013, 11:58 PM

I like you. Look for Clemson's D to be improved in the

Feb 21, 2013, 9:04 PM

secondary and on the line. Also I expect a lot out of the linebackers. So we'll be pretty #### good.

There's something in these hills.

UGA's rushing defense was ranked #80

Feb 21, 2013, 9:21 PM

and now loses all that talent that under performed. Clemson's defense showed progress in dominating LSU. UGA has a very good offense, but I believe the Clemson defense will get more stops that the UGA defense vs Boyd, Watkins and top 10 offense. Clemson 38 UGA 27

Re: UGA's rushing defense was ranked #80

Feb 21, 2013, 10:51 PM

First off..

LSU's running game sucks. Hill is good, but not great. Yall helped prove that, and several other teams did too.

LSU's passing game sucks. Mettenberger is a joke. For those of you who don't know, he was originally a UGA player, in Murray's class, they were competing for the starting job. Mettenberger got arrested for fighting bouncers and cops, and playing grabass, during spring break. Richt kicked him off the team. He spent a year in Juco, and LSU took him. He's got talent, but it's not being developed.

Beating LSU's ### means nothing to me.

I can't believe LSU actually beat AnM.

Now, onto UGA's defense, #80 in the nation for rush defense.

Yes, UGA struggled with the run defense in 2012, statistically.

Not in all cases, but in most cases, UGA was protecting against the pass, while giving up the clock consuming run, while UGA was in the lead. We'll give you the 3,4,5 yard runs, letting that clock tick down, while we've got a 14 point lead in the 4th. But ###### if we are going to let you complete a pass for a big gain. This bit us in the ### in the SEC CG, Saban said "you'll give us the run? OK! "

But the point remains. Stats can be deceiving.

Look at first half run defense, when UGA is actually trying to defend it. You'll see a different picture.

LSU ran all over Bama and SC

Feb 22, 2013, 12:08 AM

I'd say there running game is pretty good. The same offense ran all over GA in the title game in 2011

Re: LSU ran all over Bama and SC

Feb 23, 2013, 1:40 PM

LSU's offense in 2011 was totally different, they were using a dual qb scheme with that Jefferson guy. Honey badger was the playmaker on defense and special teams.

UGA shut down LSU in the first half of that game, by the way, LSU had zero first downs in that half.

But it's irrelevent, a totally different offense verses a totally different defense.

Also LSU beat SC who killed you

Feb 22, 2013, 12:10 AM [ in reply to Re: UGA's rushing defense was ranked #80 ]

& shoulda beat Bama.

Dude you can spin it how you want

Feb 22, 2013, 12:14 AM [ in reply to Re: UGA's rushing defense was ranked #80 ]

But your defense was awful vs bad offenses. I mean Buffalo ran all over you. You played awful teams all year and lost 2 of the 3 real games you played and UF gave you that one win

Re: Dude you can spin it how you want

Feb 23, 2013, 1:46 PM

I'm just saying, look at where the running yards came.

Using your examples-

Alabama, they came in the 2nd half when UGA was trying to hold on to a healthy lead, did not want to let McCarron do what he did to LSU. So we did more pass protection.

Buffalo, UGA had a healthy lead as time was getting short, so they protected against the pass and forced them to run, which drained clock.

South Carolina, no excuse. I'll let you have that one.

Replies: 73
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic