Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Credit where credit is due.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 66
| visibility 3

Credit where credit is due.

Sep 18, 2011, 8:13 PM

I was wrong about the Auburn game. Although it started out exactly like I expected the whole game to go, we turned it around and flat out dominated a pretty good team for 3 quarters.

The players, particularly Tajh Boyd, take a lot of heat on here, mainly because the coaches continually blame them for everything. Saturday they showed what they are made of and took a pretty big punch only to come back with a vengeance.

Dabo Swinney continued to illustrate why he's just not head coach material, yelling and screaming while Chad Morris was trying to coordinate the last drive of the game in a huddle on the sideline. Then after the game his melodramatic behavior was just too much, I felt like I was watching Glenn Beck or a televangelist.

Coach Steele's defense got pushed around for the first quarter and we've got to stop beginning the game by letting the other team just move the ball at will. In his usual fashion though he figured it out and basically shut Auburn down for the rest of the day, which was great.

Chad Morris, after running his offense for a quarter and doing absolutely nothing, decided to do something that no Clemson offensive coordinator has done in the last 13 years: attack an aggressive defense by throwing quick hitting, vertical passing plays. Slants, hooks, TE pops, Tajh Boyd was going right at the Auburn defense with quick set passes and the kid showed a ton of courage, often delivering the ball while taking a hit from a charging Auburn player. Coach Morris mixed it up with some deeper passes as well and we simply worked Auburn's defense for the remainder of the game. Later on we were able to run the ball and pretty much do whatever play we wanted because we had worn their defense out, and it was beautiful to watch.

So no, I'm still not a fan of Dabo, he acted like a child for the last 5 minutes of the game and after the game. I'm still not a fan of the offensive scheme that we run, but I am a fan of the way Coach Morris decided to just abandon his scheme, use quick passes to get the ball upfield and loosen up the defense, and make adjustments along the way to make sure we were as effective as possible. If it had been Rob Spence, we would have just kept throwing the ball to the sidelines behind the LOS and we would have lost by 50. So thank you Coach Morris, you did a great job Saturday.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Debbie Downer.

Sep 18, 2011, 8:15 PM

Who expels in your urine every morning.

It ain't Dabo.

If you were wrong about AU, what else could you be wrong about?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Saw your name ...no interest in post

Sep 18, 2011, 8:16 PM

try back AFTER the season

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Morris abandoned his scheme?

Wha??

He still used same scheme.... just knew which plays to utilize to keep Auburn off balance. That's why you saw Sammy score so fast on the first drive in the 2nd half.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

THE TIGERS ARE IN MY HEART..... BUT THE DUCKS ARE IN MY PANTS....

We lined up in the gun mostly with 2 or 3 receivers and the

Sep 18, 2011, 8:17 PM

TE, and we threw quick hitting passing plays. That style is not the same as the Fun 'n Punt® spread offense with lateral moving running plays, swing passes, reverses, etc.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been on TNET for 7 years.... and you are the most

Sep 18, 2011, 8:18 PM

football ignorant person I've ever seen on this site

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

29 thumbs up? Wow somebody doesn't like old Tommy***

Sep 18, 2011, 9:13 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I've been on TNET for 7 years.... and you are the most

Sep 19, 2011, 12:17 PM [ in reply to I've been on TNET for 7 years.... and you are the most ]

Blue Caddy is a close second.

WRONG

Sep 18, 2011, 9:02 PM [ in reply to We lined up in the gun mostly with 2 or 3 receivers and the ]

Morris's offense is a vertical offense, as opposed to Spence's horizontal offense

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You know as much about football as Gamecock Will***

Sep 18, 2011, 9:13 PM [ in reply to We lined up in the gun mostly with 2 or 3 receivers and the ]

Re: You know as much about football as Gamecock Will***

Sep 19, 2011, 5:01 AM

the more i think about it,the more right you seem.

...and gbs***

Sep 19, 2011, 2:09 PM [ in reply to You know as much about football as Gamecock Will*** ]

again, knight and i on the same page

Sep 18, 2011, 8:19 PM [ in reply to Morris abandoned his scheme? ]

GO TIGERS !!!

I'm a fan of winning. Dabo could strip to his boxers and...

...streak Bowman for all I care as long as he wins. He didn't hurt anybody, and I think it's awesome to have a head coach who shows tremendous pride and excitement in his team and school!

Re: I'm a fan of winning. Dabo could strip to his boxers and...

Sep 18, 2011, 8:21 PM

Dabo is a good coach for one reason. He Hired Chad Morris and held him accountable when he screwed up. Oh wait that is two reasons. He still has tremendous upside in my book. I am guardedly optimistic.

When we're playing FSU or VT, and Morris is trying to

Sep 18, 2011, 8:25 PM [ in reply to I'm a fan of winning. Dabo could strip to his boxers and... ]

orchestrate a drive at the end of the game, and he's talking to the players about what they need to do, and Dumbo comes over yelling and spitting and throwing his arms all around, and our players mess up because they weren't able to focus on what Morris was saying, you'll feel differently.

Re: When we're playing FSU or VT, and Morris is trying to

Sep 18, 2011, 8:29 PM

He was chewing their ### out and getting them fired up. Looked like old school Danny Ford or Bear Bryant. Thats what Clemson football should be about.

I think he does make a point. I saw that too, Morris was

Sep 18, 2011, 8:36 PM

trying to calmly coach Boyd and Dabo comes over and is yelling all in his face. How is Body supposed to hear what his position coach and OC is telling him when datboy is being an idiot?

You two are complete morons. That was the second time

Sep 18, 2011, 8:39 PM

Boyd messed up the 'play clock' by the judge. Dabo told him the first time that arm in the air meant 10 seconds, arm to the side is 5 and arm down is penalty. What did he do after the first time? Get a penalty. He was coaching him up, even if you are too #### stupid to realize it.

not to mention we just came out of a time out...I'd be mad 2***

Sep 18, 2011, 9:13 PM

Re: I think he does make a point. I saw that too, Morris was

Sep 18, 2011, 8:40 PM [ in reply to I think he does make a point. I saw that too, Morris was ]

You weren't in the huddle, you dont know what Dabo was saying and you dont know what Morris was saying. Boyd screwed up and got a delay of game penalty and should have got his butt chewed out.

Re: I think he does make a point. I saw that too, Morris was

Sep 18, 2011, 8:41 PM [ in reply to I think he does make a point. I saw that too, Morris was ]

Were you in the huddle? How do you know what was being said and to who.

Just plain dumb people......

Watch the replay and see how Dabo coached up Bellamy

Sep 20, 2011, 7:00 AM [ in reply to Re: When we're playing FSU or VT, and Morris is trying to ]

To follow previous post by Jhop83 explaining coaching during one play and in response to the thread starter(Dumper), different scenarious require different tactics.

When Bellamy fumbled, as he came off the field notice another coaching technique. Dabo calmly said a few words to Bellamy. Dabo is coaching!

And if you got your head out of your #### CharlestonTom (R ###), you might notice!!!

Go Tigers!!!

I know, right? What's Dabo doing on the sidelines any way?

Sep 18, 2011, 9:44 PM [ in reply to When we're playing FSU or VT, and Morris is trying to ]

Very unprofessional for a coach to be spotted on the sidelines, let alone speaking to his players.

... ... ;)

At least he wasn't eating grass!***

Sep 18, 2011, 10:02 PM

This is hilarious... I mean... could you embarrass yourself

Sep 18, 2011, 8:17 PM

anymore?

"Coach Morris abandoned his scheme"... Does this even warrant a response? Morris is an attacking guy that will go downfield once or twice a series. He did NOTHING that even suggested he was getting away from his scheme.

Getting away from his scheme was against Troy when he tried to settle Tajh down by going to Sammy on the spot screen over and over...

By the way, please don't try and call out the routes we run, b/c you have no idea what you're talking about.

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

You sir, are a maroon.***

Sep 18, 2011, 8:18 PM

Re: You sir, are a maroon.***

Sep 19, 2011, 1:14 PM

and Germain, as well

Go and watch Tulsa from last year before you act like you

Sep 18, 2011, 8:24 PM

know anything about Chad Morris' scheme.

It's ironic how you headline your post with giving credit where credit is due only to go on a long diatribe about why even though you were wrong about the outcome of the game, you're actually still correct about your assessment of the coaches. That is the quintessential non-apology-apology just like a politician.

BTW, I did enjoy your breakdowns of the game last year, but I muted the volume and just watched the video.

I am dumber after this garbage.***

Sep 18, 2011, 8:27 PM

Awesome post ........NOT!***

Sep 18, 2011, 8:27 PM

I bet you would have been happier if we had lost.***

Ain't that the truth***

Sep 18, 2011, 8:31 PM

Demon Deacon problems? There's an app for that too, and it ain't buggy like that yellowjacket repellant:

Re: Credit where credit is due.

Lol. I just read this post to my wife (who doesn't know a lot about football,) and she knew enough to call you a f##### moron. Sometimes it is better to just admit when you are wrong and go from there.

Let him keep digging.***

Sep 18, 2011, 8:31 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

Who is this mendacious toolbag?***

Sep 18, 2011, 8:30 PM

Demon Deacon problems? There's an app for that too, and it ain't buggy like that yellowjacket repellant:

What does

Sep 18, 2011, 8:32 PM

toolbag mean? ;)

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

Charleston Tom = Blue Caddy

Sep 18, 2011, 8:33 PM [ in reply to Who is this mendacious toolbag?*** ]

Both need to crawl back under their rock where they came from. They didn't like CTB because he had no passion, now they don't like Dabo because he does. Guess what! Clemson is never gonna let you pick a head coach so get over yourselves.

The spawn of Uttles***

Sep 18, 2011, 8:33 PM

sputtles.***

Sep 18, 2011, 8:54 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who is this mendacious toolbag?***

Sep 18, 2011, 8:36 PM [ in reply to Who is this mendacious toolbag?*** ]

If you are not happy with the way Clemson won this game, how can you be a fan of Clemson football? I've never called anyone a coot before, but you are close. I think you may be getting the games confused. We covered the spread. The peacocks are the ones that almost lost.

You replied to the wrong guy***

Sep 18, 2011, 8:39 PM

You do not deserve to say "we turned it around."

Sep 18, 2011, 8:35 PM

You are not part of "we."
The coaches do not blame the players for everything - only people like you do that.
Dabo is enthusiastic - he is not a whiner or complainer like you. You don't understand positive and excited.
I suppose you were upset because we won - sorry!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So let me get this straight . . .

Sep 18, 2011, 8:37 PM

Calling players out who don't do their jobs = Blaming the players
Passion = childish
Executing the same scheme, but better = abandoning the scheme

I've learned something today: CharlestonTom = Moron

Sep 18, 2011, 8:38 PM

What a moron........ apparently you know nothing about sports. No need to say anything else.

I think you officially made the top of the list

Sep 18, 2011, 8:40 PM

of folks I would never even offer a beer.

Message was edited by: lovemybaseball®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Am I on that list?

Sep 18, 2011, 8:42 PM

winky

And yet, he needs one REAL BAD!***

Sep 18, 2011, 8:43 PM [ in reply to I think you officially made the top of the list ]

Re: I think you officially made the top of the list

Sep 19, 2011, 1:10 PM [ in reply to I think you officially made the top of the list ]

He's in the top 5 people I wouldn't Mangus on if they were on fire.

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Some people never have anything good to say...

Sep 18, 2011, 8:46 PM

Dabo could win a national championship and they would still find a reason to complain.

Re: Some people never have anything good to say...

Sep 18, 2011, 9:43 PM

He wasn't holding the trophy at the proper angle.
LOL

Hey, let's just get YOU for a coach! BAWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!***

Sep 18, 2011, 8:47 PM

The 5% approval pulse pretty much says everything***

Sep 18, 2011, 8:51 PM

n/m

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 18, 2011, 8:54 PM

Pull my finger.

Hate to tell you this Tom...everyone can think Dabo is

Sep 18, 2011, 9:11 PM

crazy to get fired up like that, but I can tell you one thing, I bet our guys loved it. I'm sure they love having a coach that is behind them 100% and is passionate about seeing them win. I bet you also think Morris is an idiot for running down the sidelines when Watkins scored that TD? Bottom line, if Dabo can fire p his boys and gets them to play the way they did on Saturday, he can run around the sidelines in a dress for all I care. I only care about one thing...the players giving 100%, and they did on Saturday!

Regret paying for that membership yet, Tom?***

Sep 18, 2011, 9:50 PM

You owe me a minute of my life back. Horrible post.***

Sep 18, 2011, 10:07 PM

Owes you a buck? Heck he owes me $100

Sep 19, 2011, 8:22 AM

...for the "We're gonna be 2-3" wager.

I need that money when I come to Charleston next month...me and Eight Ball the Tiger figure on having a little party. And you don't want to cheat Eigth Ball when he's Jonesing for a party...

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sometimes you just need to delete and start over***

Sep 18, 2011, 11:40 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 19, 2011, 8:43 AM

Dabo is the Head Coach ,I guess what bothers people like you,he just bought himself the next 2 years to get his program on track.

IF I READ WHAT YOU WROTE..

Sep 19, 2011, 12:52 PM

I would have wasted a lot of my life

Sep 19, 2011, 1:05 PM

You must be a coot fan!!!!!!!

Can someone PLEASE tell me how to recover the 15 IQ

Sep 19, 2011, 1:39 PM

points I just lost reading that ridiculous drivel???

Wow! Ignorance is abound!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

Re: Can someone PLEASE tell me how to recover the 15 IQ

Sep 20, 2011, 12:46 AM

Watch some more Dabo pressers, maybe buy a couple "All In" shirts, you'll get them back real quick.

Just read your post.

Sep 19, 2011, 1:47 PM

You owe me. I want those three minutes of my life back. Thumbs down.

"The rock has strange powers. When you rub it, and run down the hill, the adrenaline flows. It’s the most emotional experience I’ve ever had." -Michael Dean Perry

"If you don't like Clemson, something is wrong with YOU." -Dabo Swinney

Sep 19, 2011, 2:13 PM

So Dabo should be happy for having 2 delay of games in a row? Just to clue you in it is the coaches job to correct those things and chew on players when needed. I also bet you were one of the ones claiming Dabo needs to show more emotion as well. You make some good points,but the part about Dabo not being head coach material is BS and you know it. Once again where do you miserable air sucking people come from?

Dumper giving it the ole college try, FAIL!!!

Sep 20, 2011, 6:47 AM

Your first three words were all that was needed.
"I was wrong"

Go Tigers!!!

Replies: 66
| visibility 3
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic