Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
for Classof09
Other Sports Boards - Rivalries
add New Topic
Replies: 46
| visibility 5,302

for Classof09

Mar 21, 2011, 9:49 AM

I saw your posts attempting to downplay our opening game as a tournament win because the field was expanded from 64 to 68 teams. And I quote: "won a tournament game ≠ what it meant last year". Here's a suggestion... why don't you worry about your Gamecocks and their penchant for exaggerating the significance of sports achievements. You guys are the all-time champs.

(1) All of your websites and official media guides tout the "3 straight Sweet Sixteens" from the McGuire era (1971-73). But the term "Sweet Sixteen" didn't even exist back then, because the NCAA field was was only 25 teams total. Getting to the final 16 teams didn't become significant until the field expanded to 64 teams in 1985, and you had to win a couple games. In fact, in 1971 you started the tournament in the "Sweet Sixteen"...

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/ncaa-tournament/brackets/historical/1971/DI

And you lost to Penn in your opening game. That's right - you didn't even win one game in the tournament, but claim a "Sweet Sixteen" appearance. That's an obvious and blatant attempt to claim some success that never happened. Your media folks are hoping that people are either too stupid or too young to realize how bad you're spinning that.

==============

(2) NIT "National Championship". Enough said. LMFAO.

==============

(3) "Lou Holtz led USC to back-to-back New Year's Day bowl wins". That's funny, I've never heard of the New Year's Day Bowl. Obviously trying to elevate the Outback Bowl into something it's not, a reference to when the major bowls (Rose, Sugar, Orange, Cotton) were all played on New Year's Day.

So why don't you go clean up all the outrageous Gamecock spin, and let us worry about Clemson.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

smoking cigarettes and writing something nasty on the wall

If this doesn't hit HOF immediately, I have no idea what

Mar 21, 2011, 9:56 AM

classifies HOF material.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

And it hits HOF, suck it coots***

Mar 21, 2011, 10:25 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lulz

Mar 21, 2011, 9:57 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is a pretty good reason to not spin our UAB win

Mar 21, 2011, 10:19 AM

It just makes us look like USC.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wrong, our was legitimate, we weren't in the 16-seed play-in***

Mar 21, 2011, 10:20 AM

How does winning an NCAA tournament game...

Mar 21, 2011, 10:22 AM [ in reply to This is a pretty good reason to not spin our UAB win ]

...make us look like clowns who claim a Sweet 16 berth they were gifted?

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

if that's the case, then UNC and Duke are guilty too

Mar 21, 2011, 10:32 AM

Neither has played a game outside the state of NC since March 2nd

Most of you.

Was it a win in the NCAA tournament? I'm not sure why...

Mar 21, 2011, 10:30 AM [ in reply to This is a pretty good reason to not spin our UAB win ]

This is so difficult. Its a yes or no.

I agree. Calling the UAB win a tournament win

Mar 21, 2011, 10:36 AM [ in reply to This is a pretty good reason to not spin our UAB win ]

to me is just like the NCAA changing the name of division 1 football to "the bowl championship series". To me it will always be Division 1 or the only division in NCAA sports where the NCAA, or some strange reason, can't seem to figure out how to design a playoff to determine a championship series.

And I'm glad Clemson beat UAB but I've been calling those games the "play in B*tch games" all week.

News from USuC...
"Richardson was the 20th Gamecock arrested since Spurrier was hired in Nov. 2004"

Fluxus®
"As I watched the game yesterday I couldn't help but feel crushed. We beat Furman by 4 TDs, but to me it looked like we got whipped."

"George Bush, we are reliably informed by the media, has the IQ of a moron, though how he matriculated from Yale and Harvard or flew an F-106 will remain an unexplained mystery. Doubtless his father bribed the airplane to fly itself."

Wrong.***

Mar 21, 2011, 11:50 AM

No one is spinning anything. You're wrong.***

Mar 21, 2011, 11:51 AM [ in reply to This is a pretty good reason to not spin our UAB win ]

Yep. See reference post....

Mar 21, 2011, 11:55 AM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=10398720

Re: Yep. See reference post....

Mar 21, 2011, 12:28 PM

LOL, "reference post" and the "reference" is your own post which essentially says, "Yes it was!"

Thanks Aristotle for that "authority," lol.

LOL. What the hell are you talking about?

Mar 21, 2011, 12:36 PM

You're a weird gal, Dirt. I see the therapy didn't take. You poor thing.

[[[Crickets]]]

Mar 21, 2011, 12:46 PM

signed

lamecock fans

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This post finally got it's first downpulse, that was class09***

Mar 21, 2011, 12:48 PM

No, it was probably dukhunter.***

Mar 21, 2011, 6:22 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Because we weren't discussing the Gamecocks

Mar 21, 2011, 1:07 PM

and I did call out the Gamecocks

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?forumID=92&threadID=954218&messageID=10392518#10392518

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Ah, typical toogs...

Mar 21, 2011, 1:09 PM

Manhood eternally eludes you.

Oh wow, stone cold his ace***

Mar 21, 2011, 4:02 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: for Classof09

Mar 21, 2011, 6:07 PM

OUCH !!!! :)

That is straight ownage.***

Mar 21, 2011, 6:22 PM

There's something in these hills.

Let it be known, henceforth and evermore...

Mar 21, 2011, 6:46 PM

...that if Classof09 ever opens his mouth here again, feel free to ask him if Dark side of the moo has given him permission.

That is only fair and proper, because there is no doubt that Dark side absolutely owns him.

Well done, sir!

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

meh, how did he own me?

Mar 21, 2011, 6:48 PM

he tried to justify an act with similar acts.

In the same thread I even said it wasn't as lame as our NIT Championships, and whatever else he posted was well before my time.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Let it be known, henceforth and evermore...

Mar 21, 2011, 6:55 PM [ in reply to Let it be known, henceforth and evermore... ]

so your saying being placed in the play in game and then losing in the next round is more impressive than just being seeded higher, not having to play the play in game and losing in the same round?

Re: Let it be known, henceforth and evermore...

Mar 21, 2011, 6:59 PM

Well I know its better than sitting at home DREAMING of making even the NIT.

And boom goes the dynamite***

Mar 21, 2011, 7:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Let it be known, henceforth and evermore... ]

you posted this in the wrong place....

Mar 21, 2011, 7:15 PM

it should be in response to the original post...but I will fix it for ya

Weak, very weak. You got your ### handed to you, man up.

Mar 21, 2011, 7:39 PM [ in reply to And boom goes the dynamite*** ]

Don't be a #### holster about it,err #### ... holster.

I guess if you keep saying something

Mar 21, 2011, 9:47 PM

that makes it true, right?

Reality has never been a friend to the Coots.***

Mar 22, 2011, 10:47 PM

NO,it means both teams lost in the SECOND round***

Mar 21, 2011, 7:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Let it be known, henceforth and evermore... ]

pitslaw... I'd be happy to debate this rather insignificant

Mar 21, 2011, 8:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Let it be known, henceforth and evermore... ]

crap of 64 vs 68 teams, and what does and does not count as a tourney win, and all that. But first, how about you and Classof09 address all the mighty exploits of your Gamecocks? Please thrill me with stirring tales of all those fantastic wins as you (didn't) march to "3 straight Sweet Sixteens" when the entire field consisted of 25 teams. I want to hear all about the legendary gridiron greatness of the "back-to-back New Year's Day bowls" in which your opponent was not even ranked in the final polls.

Ehh... you can skip the NIT national championships ... that would be cruel and unusual.

You go first.

Re: pitslaw... I'd be happy to debate this rather insignificant

Mar 21, 2011, 8:35 PM

basketball first: I agree with you that calling it the "sweet 16" before it was called that is weak, but I don't think the fact that there was less teams back then takes away from the accomplishment of being one of the last 16 teams in the playoffs, maybe we didn't have to play our way there in the tournament, but it was obviously much harder to get in back then.

New Years day Bowls - Not neccesarily something we should be bragging about. I don't think it means nothing, because the new years day bowls are still decent bowls and better than most of the crap bowls out there, no one claims it means as much as it used to.

NIT championships - That's just a joke I can't defend that at all.. I wish we would take that banner down.

pitslaw... OK, that's a fair and reasonable response

Mar 22, 2011, 2:07 PM

Not saying I necessarily agree. I still say there's a great deal of spin involved in order to exaggerate those accomplishments... a deliberate effort to make them sound better than they really are...

But still, a fair and reasonable response.

Why?

Mar 21, 2011, 9:45 PM [ in reply to pitslaw... I'd be happy to debate this rather insignificant ]

I don't see anyone bragging about our historical exploits on here.

Re: Why?

Mar 22, 2011, 9:15 AM

It's because you have none

USuC has a great Marketing school, evidently...

Mar 21, 2011, 7:09 PM

nm

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

And boom goes the dynamite*** correction for Classof09***

Mar 21, 2011, 7:17 PM

I'm callin' DSS to report child abuse***

Mar 21, 2011, 8:51 PM

All children are morons but not all morons are children.

Mar 22, 2011, 7:57 AM

This post must stay on top of this board till we play the lamecocks this fall.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

well, keep bumping it then***

Mar 22, 2011, 8:07 AM

Re: well, keep bumping it then***lol***

Mar 22, 2011, 8:32 AM

Super Bump!***

Mar 23, 2011, 1:30 PM

Bump***

Mar 22, 2011, 5:02 PM

bump***

Mar 24, 2011, 8:05 AM

Replies: 46
| visibility 5,302
Other Sports Boards - Rivalries
add New Topic