Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For those that want Dabo run out of town...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 51
| visibility 1

For those that want Dabo run out of town...

Dec 3, 2010, 2:38 PM

Let's get one thing straight here... despite what you may claim, you are the VOCAL MINORITY of Clemson fans.

Most of us are reasonable enough to understand that you have to give the guy at least 3-4 years before you consider getting rid of him.

Therefore, stop speaking like everyone agrees with you, because trust me, we don't.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: For those that want Dabo run out of town...

Dec 3, 2010, 2:39 PM

I'd rather be in the minority any way...

The minority of people in this country are wealthy and have the majority working for them.

Dec 3, 2010, 2:53 PM

unless they spend all day on Tigernet.

It's not about being in the minority

Dec 3, 2010, 2:56 PM [ in reply to Re: For those that want Dabo run out of town... ]

Its about *why* you are in the minority.

Its true the minority in the country are richer than the majority.

However, it is also true that the number of folks in this country who are at this moment getting kicked in the nuts is the minority as well.

Don't want to be part of that last group.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's not about being in the minority

Dec 3, 2010, 3:24 PM

Isn't it a logical certainty that the richest people in a country would always constitute a minority of the population? What's worth discussing is the concentration of wealth vs. historical norms.

Of course

Dec 3, 2010, 3:28 PM

I was having fun with his comment

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class Warfare? Am I in the Lounge right now?***

Dec 3, 2010, 3:41 PM [ in reply to It's not about being in the minority ]

I give him 3 full years. If we don't see results next year

Dec 3, 2010, 2:39 PM

then that's it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

^^^^ generous is his middle name.

Dec 3, 2010, 2:43 PM

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's what she said.***

Dec 3, 2010, 2:45 PM

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that's just the kinda guy he is giving a $100 tip to a $20

Dec 3, 2010, 2:55 PM

hooker.

generous.

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's how I roll. Go Tigers!***

Dec 3, 2010, 2:59 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Glad to see you're still alive, RbU was starting to worry***

Dec 3, 2010, 2:49 PM [ in reply to ^^^^ generous is his middle name. ]

he should talk to his wife more often...

Dec 3, 2010, 2:54 PM

just sayin

;)

He said she's been missing too. Weird.***

####...

Dec 3, 2010, 3:00 PM

who dresses him when she's away?

:)

jonnyboy***

Dec 3, 2010, 3:02 PM

explains the jorts and wife beater.***

Dec 3, 2010, 3:02 PM

I still don't understand why he cuts

Dec 3, 2010, 3:03 PM

the back out of his jorts.

Go Tigers, beat #3 Big East team!

time saver.

Dec 3, 2010, 3:06 PM

he's a busy man.

;)

Like a sucker punch. Wait til I leave to attack.

Dec 3, 2010, 3:08 PM [ in reply to he should talk to his wife more often... ]

How's jonnyboy and y'alls kids doing?

;)

null

maybe i should phone ahead next time?

Dec 3, 2010, 3:10 PM

;)

agreed***

Dec 3, 2010, 4:03 PM [ in reply to I give him 3 full years. If we don't see results next year ]

agreed. How soon we forget he was part of everything that

Dec 3, 2010, 6:05 PM [ in reply to I give him 3 full years. If we don't see results next year ]

was wrong. He isnt rebuilding anything.

Photobucket

He was not part of everything that was wrong...

Dec 4, 2010, 9:26 PM

Ignorant post.. he was a receivers coach.. and we had some pretty dang good receivers that were not highly recruited including the ACC's all time leading receiver..

COMPLETELY disagree.. 4 years

Dec 4, 2010, 9:24 PM [ in reply to I give him 3 full years. If we don't see results next year ]

Have to give time to see what he can do with boyd and the youth at the skill positions.. not next year but the year after will show what kind of coach Dabo is.. Boyd is going to have 2 soph receivers and 3 true fresh receivers.. gotta give him 2 more years to see how these players develop.. I'm a firm believer college coaches need 4 FULL years before they are fired.. Especially ones that can recruit... I'm not saying 9+ years like Bowden.. i'm saying 4

Keep saying it until you believe it***

Dec 3, 2010, 2:40 PM

Re: Keep saying it until you believe it******

BRING IT!

quack quack***

STAY YOUR COMPUTERS! TDP SEEN EXITING WEZ.......***

Dec 3, 2010, 2:47 PM

He needs help on offense***

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Dec 3, 2010, 2:58 PM

Im not saying he should stay or go... here are my problems

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=9910791#9910791

Dec 3, 2010, 3:00 PM

You "reasonable" fans forget all the years he was on Bowden's staff.

I must have missed the part where he was running the team

Dec 3, 2010, 3:17 PM

during that time? Come on now, you know that argument is weak at best.

null

Re: I must have missed the part where he was running the team

Dec 3, 2010, 10:02 PM

It's not as weak as Dabo hasn't had time.

Dec 3, 2010, 3:17 PM

could not agree more...very vocal minority that thinks firing everybody is the anwser

Dec 3, 2010, 3:20 PM

> Let's get one thing straight here... despite what you
> may claim, you are the VOCAL MINORITY of Clemson
> fans.
>
> Most of us are reasonable enough to understand that
> you have to give the guy at least 3-4 years before
> you consider getting rid of him.
>
> Therefore, stop speaking like everyone agrees with
> you, because trust me, we don't.

I've never understood this vehement assertion from pumpers. How do you know the critics are in the minority?

Like another poster said, I'd rather be in an intelligent minority than an ignorant majority.

Dec 3, 2010, 3:26 PM

GO SEE YOUR DR...YOU NEEDS MEDS QUICK

Simple... Look at the amount of thumbs up this has received

Dec 3, 2010, 3:40 PM [ in reply to Re: For those that want Dabo run out of town... ]

relative to the amount of thumbs down it has received. That'e pretty telling, especially since this site is more densely populated with negative fans than the actual fanbase as a whole.

How do I know that... because if our actual fan base was like this website, Clemson would have a new head coach after EVERY SINGLE LOSS.

null

I agree, give him another year, then we'll talk

Dec 3, 2010, 3:38 PM

I just didnt like the hire in the first place. Too much revenue comes via football to settle for a budget hire in my opinion.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's a fair assessment to make...

Dec 3, 2010, 3:41 PM

But the fact is that the hire was made, and you have to at least give it an honest chance now.

null

Not all opportunities are created equally.....

Dec 3, 2010, 3:46 PM

Dabo won the lottery....He received a chance that few ever get based on dumb luck. He went from position coach to HC skipping the YEARS most put in as coordinators or HCs at smaller schools. The fact that he was given a chance at all is remarkable...and he knows it. Why should he be given as much time as someone with much more experience on this stage of college football? This isnt Furman....this isnt even Duke. This is BCS football. IPTAY at one time was the largest athletic/academic fundraising organization in the world. It's serious business. No room for cute feel-good experiments. Just like you wouldnt allow someone who has never built a house to build your custom home....someone with Dabos experience should have NEVER been given the keys in the first place. I was actually ok with the hire(not thrilled...but ok) initially. It's ok for me to be fooled though....it's not ok for TDP to make such naive decisions.

Perhaps true...

Dec 3, 2010, 3:54 PM

but eventually you will.

Once he's fired I don't care if he leaves town or not***

Dec 3, 2010, 4:06 PM

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

You are taking liberties in paraphrasing our view

Dec 3, 2010, 4:14 PM

Dabo could go a long way in buying himself time if he could make a single difficult decision. That means evaluating the situation, realizing there is a problem, and making a change to correct the problem. At this point he appears to be willing to sacrifice winning for friendships. Until winning becomes a priority in his professional life, he will be on the hotseat.

But back to your post, sharing a view with the majority is not admissible as evidence. When this is the only "proof" you have, can you understand why we have stopped taking you seriously?

Amen! Unfortunately the minority is louder than the

Dec 3, 2010, 5:04 PM

majority!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

exactly. look how long it took Spur-Lid to make the coots

Dec 3, 2010, 11:14 PM

any good and he's STEVE SPURRIER!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

and you know this how?

Dec 3, 2010, 11:51 PM

I say you're wrong based on the same information you provide here.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

actually bub...

Dec 4, 2010, 4:27 AM

we are gaining more and more converts every day. I wouldn't be so sure of your majority status if I were you.

is Bub short for Bubba?

Dec 4, 2010, 8:51 PM

just curious ..we minorities are just that way

Dec 4, 2010, 9:06 PM

I think we need a proven OC. But, in a free society, shouldn't everyone have a right to say what they feel. I'm not saying who is right, or who is wrong here. I'm just sayin you will never get everyone to agree on what the problem with our program is. So, why is it, if someone disagrees, there is always somebody waiting to drop kick them for having a different opinion....

OLD TOPIC. DISCUSS SOMETHING DIFFERENT...

Dec 4, 2010, 9:18 PM

Is it really necessary to beat a dead horse? Rehash the same topic that has been discussed over and over again. Post something enlightening.....

Replies: 51
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic