Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I ADMIRE DABO!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

I ADMIRE DABO!

Jan 10, 2010, 11:53 PM

Led Clemson to its first ACC Atlantic Division Championship.
• Named ACC Coach of the Year by Sporting News
• One of 10 Finalists for Liberty Mutual National Coach of the Year.
• His Nine wins ranked second nationally in most wins among coaches in first full season.
• The nine wins were second most in Clemson history and fourth most in ACC history for a first-year head coach.
• Defeated Hall of Fame Head Coach Bobby Bowden, the second winningest coach in college football history.
• First coach in Clemson history to defeat a top 10 team (Miami) in his first full season.
• Tied Clemson record for ACC wins by Tigers coach in his first year as head coach.

If those who wish to b!tch about Coach Dabo can wait two or three years they can complain legitimately because he will be on everyone's short list for head coach!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amen.***

Jan 10, 2010, 11:56 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I ADMIRE DABO!

Jan 11, 2010, 7:08 AM

I love him!!! My husband wanted a "big" name coach, Mike Leach actually, HaHaHa!! I can't wait to laugh in his face and make him apologize to me!! It's gonna be great to see my hubby have to eat his words!!!

Jan 11, 2010, 9:38 AM

women knew best on this - most of the women wanted Dabo, most of the men wanted Leach...hahaha they have to eat crow now!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not saying that he did horrible or anything...

Jan 11, 2010, 9:41 AM

but I don't think the win over Bowden this year at home is much to crow about.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tigers do not crow. ##### do that.

Jan 11, 2010, 9:44 AM

He was merely stating a fact.

Re: Not saying that he did horrible or anything...

Jan 11, 2010, 9:52 AM [ in reply to Not saying that he did horrible or anything... ]

That is most likely because you don't appreciate how much taking Ponder out changed FsU seasonal outcome. Ponder was leading the conference in many stats. A few more games and papa might have gotten another year.

That is not to specify that Dabo caused his demise.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Didn't FSU get spanked by USF?***

Jan 11, 2010, 10:09 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Re: Didn't FSU get spanked by USF?***

Jan 11, 2010, 10:21 AM

shush with facts

we are the new FGF

complete with USC certified kool aid

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why don't you try arguing against the facts listed instead

Jan 11, 2010, 10:25 AM

of siding with a known pathetic gamecock fan?

I'm sorry to say, but you're clearly a loser.

Re: Why don't you try arguing against the facts listed instead

Jan 11, 2010, 10:48 AM

Don't feel bad about that, bro.

Re: Why don't you try arguing against the facts listed instead

Jan 11, 2010, 11:00 AM [ in reply to Why don't you try arguing against the facts listed instead ]

you can't argue with those facts

but you can certainly speculate on their significance

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Didn't FSU get spanked by USF?***

Jan 11, 2010, 1:10 PM [ in reply to Didn't FSU get spanked by USF?*** ]

SEC, hot_corner »
Hot Corner: Steve Spurrier deserves better fate than South Carolina can deliver
By Doug Segrest -- The Birmingham News
January 03, 2010, 8:33AM
Spurrier-0103.JPGSteve Spurrier's legacy lends itself to a bigger bowl than he can manage at South Carolina. (The Associated Press / Butch Dill)

It just didn't look right Saturday afternoon.

Steve Spurrier should have been in the limelight or under a dome, in a bowl game that matches his legacy. Pasadena or New Orleans, Miami or Tempe.

Not Birmingham.

Instead, the Ol' Ballcoach welcomed a new year at Legion Field because he made a dumb decision years ago to leave Florida. Sure, he struggled in the NFL -- but so did Nick Saban -- before returning to the SEC.

At South Carolina, a coaching graveyard.

The Gamecocks have won 35 games in his first five seasons, the best start for any coach the school has ever hired. That says a lot about Steve Spurrier and even more about how hard it is to win in Columbia.

Since taking up football more than a century ago, South Carolina has lost two more games than it has won.

When Nick Saban came back to the SEC, he picked the perfect place at the perfect time. Not Steve Spurrier, who picked one of the toughest jobs in the toughest league around.

For Spurrier, the magic may be gone because he picked a place that has no magic to be found.

Re: Not saying that he did horrible or anything...

Jan 11, 2010, 9:52 AM [ in reply to Not saying that he did horrible or anything... ]

Any win over FSU is something to, perhaps not crow about, but be very proud of!

GO TIGERS!!!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 11, 2010, 9:53 AM

bump

"It is what it is" Nough said!!!!!!***

Jan 11, 2010, 10:03 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like Dabo just as much as the next guy...

Jan 11, 2010, 10:22 AM

But without C.J., what kind of season would we have had?

Bowden had Cj for 3 years

Jan 11, 2010, 10:30 AM

and couldnt get us to the ACC CG. Part of being a head coach is knowing when to ride a great player like CJ. You cant take away the credit from Dabo beacause he had CJ because he knew how to use him, and Dabo was the man that brought CJ to Clemson

Re: Bowden had Cj for 3 years

Jan 11, 2010, 10:44 AM

Bowden didn't use CJ for his full potential. We could have done a lot better if he was used more.

Agreed. Plus, CJ had to split carries with JD. Not saying

Jan 11, 2010, 10:51 AM

JD wasn't great, but CJ is a better all-around player. I will give Dabo and Billy credit in that they knew CJ HAD to get the ball, unlike Spence.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic