Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
And South Carolina's next five head coaches ARE....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 421

And South Carolina's next five head coaches ARE....

Nov 11, 2004, 6:36 PM

For the "Graveyard of Coaches" we take a brief glimpse into the crystal ball to find the proud University of South Carolina's next FIVE coaches and their eventual fates....

1) Steve Spurrier (2005-2006)... The ole Ballcoach lasts for almost two disheartening years. Following a 54-17 beatdown at the hands of the Tigers to end the 2005 season, Spurrier is quoted as saying, "Was Holtz even aware of the forward pass?? He didn't leave me one D#@& person on this team who could throw a football." Spurrier fired at the end of the following season when an errant visor toss accidentally cuts of the right hand of Mike McGoo.

2) Joe Paterno (2007-2008)... Gamecock fans rejoice at the announcement that USC has just signed its third consecutive coaching "legend" and clever fans invent the "Coaching Legend National Championship" to go with the annual "Recruiting National Championship". Paterno goes 5-17 over the course of two seasons before it is discovered that Paterno has actually been dead for three years and his body had been stuffed. Fans are further stunned to learn that Mike McGoo himself has actually been calling all the plays for the past two season. Both McGoo and Paterno's corpse are fired on the spot.

3) Ken Hatfield (2009)... Following Paterno-gate, USC is forced to hire a "B-list" legend, effectively ending their quest for another Coaching Legend National Championship. Hatfield says that USC will "fit my system perfectly b/c I've never had a good quarterback either." Hatfield is terminated later that season when it is discovered that he is using a psychic to communicate with Lou Holtz' ghost in an effort to call plays. (Holtz, sady, had passed away during Steve Spurrier's regime. He died of a heart attack watching the old Ballcoach try to throw on every play)

4) Nobody (2010)... Once again, USC is on the cutting edge of football strategy, as they announce that they will actually not hire a coach for football. Instead, they announce that the professors of their #1 ranked International Business program will lead the players in a series of "self-management" seminars. Unfortunately, this plan backfires when players on the team mistake these seminars for actual college classes and do not attend. The team goes 0-11 on the season and even worse, the International Business school loses its #1 ranking and falls out of the polls for the first time in 22 years.

5) Bobby Bowden (2011)... Yes, in the coaching coup of the century, USC lures legend Bobby Bowden away from FSU, reasoning that finally Clemson will go down b/c "we hired the man that taught Tommy everything he knowed!!" The season ends in controversy, however, after Clemson once again beats USC. In the post game press conference, Papa Bowden is quoted as saying, "Ya'll know when you accused me of letting Tommy win on purpose in 2003?? Well, you were right!! And guess what? I just let him win again on purpose." Following the press conference, I defeated USC president announces that Carolina has just signed on to become the latest member of the Southern Conference, where they expect to compete with Wofford and App State for the championship on a yearly basis.

So there you have it!! The next five coaches at the School Where Legends Go to Fizzle... presented free of charge for your entertainment. GOOOOOO TIGERS!!!!!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: And South Carolina's next five head coaches ARE....

Nov 11, 2004, 6:43 PM

People PLEASE let's tare cake of Duke and then focus on USC, the article was awesome though. GO TIGERS

What does it matter?

Nov 11, 2004, 6:50 PM

Seriously what does my "focus" on Duke have to do with anything? I'll be at the game and focusing on them when it matters. Until then I'm enjoying the drama coming out of Carolina.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your name fits you!!!*********

Nov 11, 2004, 6:52 PM [ in reply to Re: And South Carolina's next five head coaches ARE.... ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is priceless!! Kudos in order and

Nov 11, 2004, 6:51 PM

I voted for it to go in HOF -- well written and keep me laughing!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes it's too easy, isn't it?***

Nov 11, 2004, 7:00 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Classic...***

Nov 11, 2004, 7:18 PM

Replies: 6
| visibility 421
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic