Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Can't do better than Brad Brownell
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Can't do better than Brad Brownell

Mar 17, 2012, 6:10 PM

We may have some growing pains next year, but the decision to hire BB was an excellent one.

He can flat-out COACH!

He is recruiting the type of talent which has been pulling all these upsets in the tournament. Even better, in many cases.

He is geared to get to the dance, and go far.

The motion offense is pretty potent. His defensive preferences are far superior to a full court--all the time-- press.

There are very few question marks about Brad Brownell.

He is bringing true Indiana pure basketball blue blood to Clemson, SC. We should be Very glad he came Clemson and hope we can keep him long enough for his approach to prove it's ultimate worth.

Go Tigers. Cinderella 2013.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can't do better than Brad Brownell- I agree

Mar 17, 2012, 6:12 PM

you occasionally hear some whining here but not so much from folks who understand the game. the man does a lot with a little

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can't do better than Brad Brownell- I agree

Mar 17, 2012, 7:22 PM

Surely we don't hear as many crying at Tiger Nation with the Brad Brownell hire, as in the Sandsbury connection. I'm a 100% sure that we are glad he ran right past us for a two year gig. Sandsburry, two and done!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can't do better than Brad Brownell

Mar 17, 2012, 7:26 PM

AGREE! he will do great if we don`t get in a big hurry!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree. He seems to be a very good coach. Lucky for him the

Mar 17, 2012, 7:29 PM

basketball program gives a little more time to produce success than the football program so he will have some time to build.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I worry more about him leaving us than us firing him but

Mar 17, 2012, 7:43 PM

you wonder what would have been had we hired Shaka Smart but I don't think he was ready to take a team in the ACC at the time we needed a coach. Shaka really seems to have the "it" factor for sure.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Shaka is a shootimg star! His light will burn out just as

Mar 17, 2012, 9:43 PM

quickly as it lit up the sky!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 17, 2012, 8:30 PM

Time will tell if BB is an excellent hire. We need to wait a few years to see if he can consistantly win in the ACC & get us back to the NCAA tournament. Hopefully he can....Go Tigers!!!!

Would like to see better recruiting

Mar 17, 2012, 10:53 PM

No question the guy gets players to play better than they can. Just anxious to see the fireworks. Dabo seemed to prove that recruiting caries coaches. Would love to see is put together great recruits with his method of coaching--just itching to see it now.

I think he will prove to be an effective recruiter, but an

Mar 17, 2012, 11:01 PM

even better developer of talent. His 1st class was going to be bad given how OP left and kids decommiting. His 2nd class is looking solid based on their limited play as freshmen. His 3rd class is looking solid as well.

McDaniel, Coleman, Hall and sapp are

Mar 18, 2012, 8:19 AM [ in reply to Would like to see better recruiting ]

Great players. I think Bullard will be better with more pt. I'm pretty impressed with his recruiting so far and the blossingame kid looks fantastic.

I like Coleman's prospects

Mar 18, 2012, 9:27 AM

I know Coleman took some time to be ready to play, but I really like him. He can finish well, and we have not had a lot of effectiveness with that. He also takes care of the ball.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who's Bullard?nm

Mar 18, 2012, 10:56 AM [ in reply to McDaniel, Coleman, Hall and sapp are ]

nm

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

You know, Brownell's new defensive tackle.

Mar 18, 2012, 12:06 PM

Gonna be a good one.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

lulz...Sullivan that is.***

Mar 18, 2012, 6:58 PM

Re: Would like to see better recruiting

Mar 18, 2012, 9:56 AM [ in reply to Would like to see better recruiting ]

I think it's a little early to make any judgements about BBs recruiting. I don't expect him to pull in a bunch of 5 stars until we start winning. We're just not that kind of program. Clemson needs to operate the basketball program like Wake does with football. There's a lot of really good players out there that just need time to develop. Look at that Kyle O'Quinn from Norfolk St. That was his only scholarship offer and he's pretty darn good. Or the center from Murray St (#2, can't remember his name). In their game vs Marquette I thought he was almost as good as J. Crowder, Big East POY. Butler was in two straight NC games with mostly 3-stars.
What Brownell did with Bobo shows that the man can develop talent. He just needs some time.

Re:

Mar 18, 2012, 9:36 AM

I think McDaniels has the highest ceiling based off of his athletic ability but Coleman seems to be a little more polished on the offensive end than the others. My favorite thing about them is that they all play tremendous defense. Coach Brownell is a great coach who maximizes the talent he has. We are in just about every game we play and with more experience and more talent next year, it should lead to a better season.

Mar 18, 2012, 1:11 PM

Agreed He and Noonan were two terrific hires.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I agree, he is an outstanding coach.

Mar 19, 2012, 12:16 AM

People still talk about Rick Barnes and the "Slab Five." That team overachieved a great deal based on preseason expectations. I think this year's team was perhaps just as good of a coaching job. We finished 8-8 in the ACC when many people didn't think we would win more than a few. Plus, our strong defense kept us in every game but two or three. With a few more shots falling our way, we would have been an NCAA Tournament team this year.

I'm very excited to see what Coach Brownell does over the next few years!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic