Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hey Blue_Caddy...what's something this BBall team does have?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Hey Blue_Caddy...what's something this BBall team does have?

Feb 4, 2012, 6:03 PM

Heart.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and FIGHT!***

Feb 4, 2012, 6:14 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Heart and fight are great. Have you checked out the

Feb 4, 2012, 7:20 PM

conference records of VT and BC? Why are we claiming moral victories and declaring our love after losing to a crappy basketball team? I don't get it.

For some reason a lot of Clemson fans are like that right

Feb 4, 2012, 7:58 PM

now even in football. There is no such thing as a moral victory if you're trying to be a championship team.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm okay with moral victories if they involve morally

Feb 4, 2012, 8:01 PM

beating good teams. But why are people excited about our game today? I'm pissed off and frustrated and thinking that's two we let get away this week.

Well considering this bball team is obviously not a champion

Feb 4, 2012, 8:14 PM [ in reply to For some reason a lot of Clemson fans are like that right ]

ship type of team we have to hope the freshmen foundation we have will be able to be that type over the next 3 years.

And will you stop bitching about football?

Good ole Amandacoot is back, she is annoying***

Feb 4, 2012, 10:31 PM [ in reply to For some reason a lot of Clemson fans are like that right ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

but there is a such thing as

Feb 5, 2012, 9:15 AM [ in reply to For some reason a lot of Clemson fans are like that right ]

a Goober

and you never will***

Feb 5, 2012, 9:14 AM [ in reply to Heart and fight are great. Have you checked out the ]

Here's what I DO get--this is a fanbase with virtually no

Feb 5, 2012, 12:20 PM

knowledge of basketball. Purnell gets us to three straight tourneys, and everybody whines about his style of play. Brownell takes PURNELL's players back to the tourney, and everyone says, "Man-that guy can coach!" Now, we're watching Brownell with more of his players and less of Purnell's players, and he's losing to teams we should be beating. But yet his team has "heart" and "toughness." How about we beat a few of these terrible teams before we start annointing him "best Clemson coach ever."

Did you see what happened to USC yesterday? That team BEAT US. ON OUR OWN FLOOR. Are you kidding me? That's an example of Brownell getting the most out of his players? VT and BC are awful. We lose to them. And you find reason to praise that. It's nonsense. It's completely glossing over reality and simply seeing what you WANT to see.

Yes--McDaniels looks great. Sullivan is coming on. I'm not saying Brownell is a bad coach or won't do a good job eventually. But to call what's happening this year anything else other than disappointing is just delusional.

It's very ironic you would say this fanbase knows nothing of

Feb 5, 2012, 1:06 PM

basketball and then make the ridiculous claims you do in your post.

Brownell has more of his players and less of Purnell's?

First off this was Brownell's "second" recruiting class, and I put second in "s because Stanton was his only recruit last year and he transferred.

Not to mention the two transfers of Johnson and Hill.

Grant did almost nothing under Purnell but Brownell gets here and his play skyrockets.

You have to understand that this team has no backup guards that are upperclassmen, and neither of the two senior guards are TRUE POINT GUARDS. What do most of the top teams in the NCAA have? A solid, true point guard.

We are playing literally 5 true freshmen in every game and when you have Milton Jennings out of a game it is hard to win, regardless of how poor he is on the court he is better than the freshmen at this point.

This is what is called a rebuilding year when you lose your four year starting point guard and the heart and soul of this team.

If you thought this team would make it to the tourney easily then you are the one that is delusional.

I see Tanner, Andre, Milton, Bobo, Devin, Narcisse

Feb 6, 2012, 10:23 PM

I see KJ, TJ, Rod, Coleman, Sullivan, and some freshman who never gets to play. That's five and five--that means Brownell has MORE of his players and FEWER of Purnell's players...Stitt and Grant are gone. Learn to read.

Grant was a sophomore when Purnell left. There's nothing to suggest that he wouldnt've gotten better had Purnell stayed. Did Stitt get better under Purnell? Yes. Did Trevor? Yes. Did Tanner? Yes.

I never said I thought we'd make it to the tourney...once again, learn to read. But wouldn't you say we're better than BC? Or VT? Or USC? Or CofC? Or Coastal? Or Hawaii? Those are games that were winnable. It's not like Brownell is working magic this year. The FSU game is the only game we've played better than we really are, and I doubt we'd have that same result if we played them now.

People on this board whined about OP. Well--OP had HUGE success here for Clemson basketball. Those same folks are now trying to deify Brownell because his teams are playing mediocre basketball. It's ridiculous. When he gets us to the tourney three straight years with HIS players, we can talk. Until then, it's YOU that doesn't understand basketball.

Learn to count. The players you listed as Purnell's adds up

Feb 6, 2012, 11:06 PM

to six.

Reading comp. 101--I didn't say there are more Brownell

Feb 7, 2012, 6:28 AM

players than Purnell players...what I said was, Brownell now has MORE of his players and LESS of Purnell's players. That is true. Last year, he didn't have five of his own players. Now he does. That's MORE of his players. This year, he has six of Purnell's as opposed to last year, meaning he now has LESS of Purnell's players than he did before. MORE of his, LESS of Purnell's.

I hope you're not a student at Clemson. If you are, I feel as though their admissions standards have dropped preciptiously.

It's called interpretation and your comment could have been

Feb 7, 2012, 9:13 AM

taken the way I took it or the the way you meant it. I really don't know what your problem is. Do you have an inferiority complex that rears its head every time someone disagrees or challenges what you say? You don't have to cut people by wondering out loud how educated they are. I'm 49, and well past my days as a student. I don't know how old you are and don't really care. But the sooner you realize that your opinion is not the only one thats valid, the easier it will be for you to function in society. God forbid if you have anyone that works for you. There is no right or wrong here, just different points of view. That would be Life comp. 101. So don't worry about the admission standards. They have not dropped preciptiously as you previously speculated.

Also, Grant was a junior when OP left.***

Feb 6, 2012, 11:09 PM [ in reply to I see Tanner, Andre, Milton, Bobo, Devin, Narcisse ]

Re: Also, Grant was a junior when OP left.***

Feb 7, 2012, 6:29 AM

That's my mistake. See--I can admit when I'm wrong.

Re: I see Tanner, Andre, Milton, Bobo, Devin, Narcisse

Feb 7, 2012, 8:46 AM [ in reply to I see Tanner, Andre, Milton, Bobo, Devin, Narcisse ]

KJ - TRUE FRESHMAN
TJ - TRUE FRESHMAN
ROD - TRUE FRESHMAN
COLEMAN - TRUE FRESHMAN
SULLIVAN - TRUE EFFING FRESHMAN

Show me another coach that has taken a team of 5 true freshmen, that were not 5 star one year and head to the NBA type players, that got his team to the tournament relying on just those players?

When your most consistent scorers are a 3-point shooter and a guy who scores most in streaks then you will have problems winning games, ESPECIALLY ON THE ROAD.

Now I'm not excusing the losses, yes I feel we are better than the teams you listed. But THIS IS A REBUILDING YEAR. Look at what we have coming in next year...Blossomgame is a 4 star according to ESPN (3 according to rivals).

And maybe you should learn to read. I never said that you said "I think we will make it to the tourney," I said IF you thought we would. IF doesn't mean you said it. #######.

Re: Here's what I DO get--this is a fanbase with virtually no

Feb 7, 2012, 8:01 AM [ in reply to Here's what I DO get--this is a fanbase with virtually no ]

We have plenty knowledge of basketball, that's how we knew that OP was going to turn into a loser. Nobody wanted to play for him. Players didn't play to win, they played not to lose. We lost plenty of games with OP that we were supposed to win (I can think of 3 NCAA losses off the top of my head). OP left because he couldn't recruit once the word was out on him. Brownell is the man, his team has heart and fight and no back down.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Here's what I DO get--this is a fanbase with virtually no

Feb 7, 2012, 8:41 AM [ in reply to Here's what I DO get--this is a fanbase with virtually no ]

Who gives a crap what OP done he left like a thief in the middle of the night. What did he leave us with?

Lazy players

Not to be negative but you are correct.***

Feb 6, 2012, 10:27 PM [ in reply to Heart and fight are great. Have you checked out the ]

All we ask ....

Feb 4, 2012, 7:46 PM

Is that they give their best

Even though the team, overall, had an awful game ... and teams WILL have bad games, they did their best .... they were WAY down, fought hard ... almost won... I am optimistic about the tournament ... a movie will be made about the team ... and Brad Brownell and his players, will collect HUGE royalties ...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic