Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I witnessed to someone at the game and converted him...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1,802

I witnessed to someone at the game and converted him...

Nov 23, 2009, 10:12 AM

I sat next to a recent Clemson grad (David) at the game Saturday. My wife is not much into discussing football – so David and I yelled and talked Clemson football the entire game.

I liked David, but David was a Woohooer. I didn’t say anything to him about it, but in the 3rd quarter he asked me why I yelled “Fight Tigers, Fight Tigers, Fight, Fight” when I was supposed to be WooHooing.

I switched into intervention mode. Here was a young man, crying out for help. I explained to David that the WooHoo was NOT a Clemson tradition. He thought it had been around forever, like The Hill and Howard’s Rock. David admitted that he had always done the WooHoo because everybody else seemed to be doing it, but that it seemed like a strange cheer. I told David it was OK and he didn’t have to WooHoo anymore.

Let’s welcome David back from the Dark Side. David is now a non-WooHooer

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

bless you- you did a wonderful thing

Nov 23, 2009, 10:13 AM

LOL

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Welcome David.***

Nov 23, 2009, 10:16 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

David shows us that its never too late to turn your life a

Nov 23, 2009, 10:18 AM

around :)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

well unless

Nov 23, 2009, 10:19 AM

you're a coot. LOL

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

indeed, point!***

Nov 23, 2009, 10:28 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh yea, I converted a non-woohoo'er into a woohoo'er!

Nov 23, 2009, 10:20 AM

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Highly unlikely!***

Nov 23, 2009, 10:24 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em - The Webb Wilder credo

REDRUM!***

Nov 23, 2009, 11:59 AM [ in reply to Oh yea, I converted a non-woohoo'er into a woohoo'er! ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I woo hooed in college

Nov 23, 2009, 10:28 AM

but I think a lot of people experiment in college, I now do not woo hoo

i converted someone to the woohoo! we werent able to make

Nov 23, 2009, 10:31 AM

the game, but as we were watching it on tv, my fiancee asked why people do the woohoo in the song. i told her that nobody knows exactly where it came from, but its just become a part of it. she digs it, and woohoo'ed every time she heard it after that. we will hopefully be in tampa, both of us woohooing as loud as we can.
don't try to fight it anymore. its here to stay...WOOHOO, GO TIGERS!!!

the band started doing it right about when Bowden showed up***

Nov 23, 2009, 10:35 AM

WRONG.....1992 at uva by the flag corp.***

Nov 23, 2009, 10:41 AM

"Very, Very Excited, Very, Very Proud" to be a TIGER!!

is that the people with the flags in the band?

Nov 23, 2009, 10:59 AM

if so then I got the year wrong

1992 at UVA is correct

Nov 23, 2009, 11:49 AM

I was there. As for whether it was the flag line or not...well, that's close enough, is all i can say. Oh, except to say that it wasn't me. And that I don't (and never have, as far as I can remember) woo-hoo. :)

Hallelujah!***

Nov 23, 2009, 10:40 AM

The great commission (lower case, Clemson style).***

Nov 23, 2009, 10:42 AM

You are a wonderful person...but the outlook isn't good

Nov 23, 2009, 10:50 AM

I too am a well-documented woo-hoo hater....but I have bad news.

I sat near the student section at the FSU game for the first time in a long time. In fact I was sitting among most of the player's parents.

The woo-hoo was so dominant and prevalent that it overshadowed a wonderful game day experience. There were so many woo-hooers I came away for the first time thinking it couldn't be stopped.

To make things worse, I observed several individuals who ONLY woo-hoo'd. Didn't even participate in the rest of the chant.

I should have intervened, but didn't. Your story makes me more committed to doing the right thing moving forward. I now will commit to one conversion per game moving forward. I promise.

Everyone has to do their part. It's just like littering. I will be a better steward for what is right.

I'm taking David's conversion as a sign from a higher power

Nov 23, 2009, 10:58 AM

(Frank Howard) not to give up. One at a time. We need to set a good example for the lost and misguided.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WOOOOHOOOOO....CONGRATS!!!***

Nov 23, 2009, 11:00 AM

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

Praise the Lord!!!! Just converting them one at a time!***

Nov 23, 2009, 11:01 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your saying is no better

Nov 23, 2009, 11:16 AM

Neither are traditions so you made him quit woohooing for another thing. Congratulations on nothing.

I agree. I would prefer nothing. Supporters of the WooHoo

Nov 23, 2009, 12:26 PM

often say "Well at least people are cheering". So a good compromise is to replace the WooHoo with something a little less feminine.

But, yes I agree with you - neither is tradition.

can i get an amen?!***

Nov 23, 2009, 12:04 PM

Thank you for your efforts. However, I think the cause is

Nov 23, 2009, 12:12 PM

lost. But there will be those of us in the crowd during the tiger rag who will quietly smile and remember what the tiger rag used to be before it was ruined and then join in with a thunderous C L E M S OOOooh N. The strong, the few, the proud! So go ahead and whoo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo hooo hooo whooopiee dee dooo like a bunch #### turtle doves or owls if you want to.

Very, Very Excited. Very, Very Proud.

I will not "woo-hoo" until we win the ACC championship....

Nov 23, 2009, 12:56 PM

even then, it will only be by accident.

Replies: 25
| visibility 1,802
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic