Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Very nice gesture ...............
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 117
| visibility 1

Very nice gesture ...............

Aug 22, 2012, 10:07 AM

for Peppers to give a quarter millions dollars to UNC for black students only in the AFAM study program. Wonder if I could get away with giving such a donation to Clemson for white only students? Funny world in which we live.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Very nice gesture ...............

Aug 22, 2012, 10:13 AM

Give where the most need is...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 22, 2012, 10:20 AM

Bet there's more need amongst the Hispanic community.

Aug 22, 2012, 1:33 PM

naw, it is all going to pay for legal fees. to cover this thing up.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 22, 2012, 10:30 AM [ in reply to Re: Very nice gesture ............... ]

I need a new car. Please call me at 864-555-NEED so you can get the address to send the check. ($45,000 ought to do it.)

Aug 22, 2012, 10:32 AM

"need an education" is higher priority than "need a new car" lol

Not if you have an education and need a car...

Aug 22, 2012, 10:38 AM

See how that works!

Aug 22, 2012, 10:33 AM [ in reply to Re: Very nice gesture ............... ]

Call Julius!!!!

For a dose of racism call FORESTTIGER***

Aug 24, 2012, 1:32 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Funny in the sense that blacks were slaves for many years

Aug 22, 2012, 10:35 AM

and then inferior for over a hundred years after slavery abolished. You act like it's the same thing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Funny in the sense that blacks were slaves for many years

Aug 22, 2012, 10:38 AM

I think that you missed the point of my post.

No, I think I got it.***

Aug 22, 2012, 10:40 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The point of your post was that it makes you angry…..

Aug 24, 2012, 1:34 AM [ in reply to Re: Funny in the sense that blacks were slaves for many years ]

that a minority group that has been put at a disadvantage has been given help from a single individual.

yes. funny in the sense that people treat blacks as if they

Aug 22, 2012, 10:40 AM [ in reply to Funny in the sense that blacks were slaves for many years ]

are the only race ever subjected to slavery or 'mistreatment'.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They do? Who does that? The orginal post was about

Aug 22, 2012, 10:56 AM

an African American setting up scholarships for African Americans. You don't think Jews set up scholarships for other Jews, or Hispanics set up scholarships for Hispanics, etc.

In Florida, if you're a member of a Native American tribe, your tribe covers all college tuition and fees.

Did you know that the Knights of Columbus set up scholarships for Catholics?

I hate all this downtrodden white people bs. It's dumb.

Is there a middle class white male scholly?

Aug 22, 2012, 10:59 AM

FORESTTIGER, start one up.

Yes; it's called every other scholarship out there***

Aug 23, 2012, 7:53 AM

please let me know when the race card expires; there has to

Aug 22, 2012, 11:03 AM [ in reply to They do? Who does that? The orginal post was about ]

be a validity date or shelf life.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The white race card was played by who started this thread.***

Aug 22, 2012, 11:14 AM

Re: The white race card was played by who started this thread.***

Aug 22, 2012, 11:15 AM

exactly its a race card? or are white people not a race?

awesome, so your black one trumped his white one which he

Aug 22, 2012, 11:34 AM [ in reply to The white race card was played by who started this thread.*** ]

played in response to a black only donation?

fanfrickingtastic. we're going places and you're being sooooo helpful.

awesome so your racism trumped his anti-racism….

Aug 24, 2012, 1:39 AM

fanfrickingtastic. We're not getting past racism by white people and you're helping to continue that theme.

you tired? drunk? it's late, possibly both?***

Aug 24, 2012, 8:11 AM

The deck, which was provided by UNC and Peppers, is stacked

Aug 22, 2012, 12:11 PM [ in reply to The white race card was played by who started this thread.*** ]

with race cards.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: The white race card was played by who started this thread.***

Aug 23, 2012, 10:36 AM [ in reply to The white race card was played by who started this thread.*** ]

There is no white race card. We are not allowed by law to carry one.

There is a white race card and it's been played throughout..

Aug 24, 2012, 1:43 AM

this country's over 225 year history, by white people dominating the course this country takes.

Please let me know when your racism expires, at some...

Aug 24, 2012, 1:37 AM [ in reply to please let me know when the race card expires; there has to ]

point you have to realize racism is a very ignorant form of hatred.

How many black nascar racers are there?…...

Aug 24, 2012, 1:41 AM [ in reply to please let me know when the race card expires; there has to ]

Zero. Maybe you should follow that sport instead of football. Since Nascar is a whiter sport than Hockey, and the majority of football players are black. Seems like you would be much more comfortable with Nascar, than Football.

Re: They do? Who does that? The orginal post was about

Aug 22, 2012, 11:11 AM [ in reply to They do? Who does that? The orginal post was about ]

I hate all the race card BS.

should've read ^^^^^ post before replying.

Message was edited by: zcash®

Yep, white race card played in first post above.***

Aug 22, 2012, 11:15 AM

Re: Yep, white race card played in first post above.***

Aug 22, 2012, 11:22 AM

dude you are totally missing the point...

That white people are downtrodden? No, I get it.***

Aug 22, 2012, 11:25 AM

Re: That white people are downtrodden? No, I get it.***

Aug 22, 2012, 11:39 AM

like I said....you dont get it...I hate ALL race card BS. Your 'jabs' are annoying.

It's not "downtrodden white people bs", it's simply pointing

Aug 22, 2012, 11:38 AM [ in reply to They do? Who does that? The orginal post was about ]

out an obvious, unnecessary, unfair, wrongheaded double standard that does more harm than good for the intended beneficiary, while empowering the few who actually benefit by playing the race card and making a mockery of the concept of equal rights.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Peppers giving money to UNC for scholarships for blacks

Aug 22, 2012, 11:42 AM

does all that?

I know there is a double standard in our scciety and I know why it exists.

Crying wolf every time a black scholarship fund is set up doesn't help the situation, it just makes a mockery of who is crying about it.

The more I read this board

Aug 22, 2012, 11:44 AM

The dumber I get

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Peppers giving money to UNC for scholarships for blacks

Aug 22, 2012, 11:44 AM [ in reply to Peppers giving money to UNC for scholarships for blacks ]

since you know why it exists im curious...why is that?

speaking of crying

Aug 22, 2012, 11:49 AM [ in reply to Peppers giving money to UNC for scholarships for blacks ]

do you need a hankie?

No - Peppers giving money to UNC for scholarships for blacks

Aug 22, 2012, 12:01 PM [ in reply to Peppers giving money to UNC for scholarships for blacks ]

is fine. The wrong is that a white person could not give money to UNC for scholarships for whites without creating a firestorm of outrage.

The double standard is wrong on it's face; besides, it does more harm than good anyway.

Crying wolf implies that there is no "wolf"; but again that is wrong. There is something that needs to be fixed. A mockery is made of the concept of equal rights.

- H. L. Mencken

I can't see race. I only know that I'm white when I get…..

Aug 24, 2012, 1:47 AM [ in reply to It's not "downtrodden white people bs", it's simply pointing ]

pulled over by a cop, and he states to me,"You were going 95 in a 55 MPH zone", then I reply "Well I'm in a hurry, now go buzz off." Then the police officer states to me,"Sorry sir for pulling you over and wasting your time. Now please hurry along to get to where you were in such a hurry to get to."

Re: They do? Who does that? The orginal post was about

Aug 23, 2012, 10:14 AM [ in reply to They do? Who does that? The orginal post was about ]

Thats because only white people aren't allowed to do that type of thing. We are racists if we dare leave out the other poor minorities. Gimme an effin break. You people are just too much. Everybody wonders why this country is so effed up now. After posts like this you can clearly see why.

This country is so effed because of racists like you***

Aug 24, 2012, 1:50 AM

Actually, no. We were pretty rough on the folks..

Aug 23, 2012, 9:46 AM [ in reply to yes. funny in the sense that people treat blacks as if they ]

... we found when we got here, too. But Africans were the only race WE enslaved.

Re: Actually, no. We were pretty rough on the folks..

Aug 23, 2012, 10:16 AM

We didn't enslave no #### body. None of us had anything to do with that. The true racists are the ones who keep bringing up all this BS.

Amen***

Aug 23, 2012, 12:28 PM

Fiat Justitia et Pereat Mundus

Actually personally we didn't....

Aug 23, 2012, 2:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Actually, no. We were pretty rough on the folks.. ]

But some of our ancestors did for quite a while and also treated the indigenous americans pretty rough. You can choose to ignore history but that doesnt change the facts.

To say that everything is 100% equal proportionately in the last 40 yrs is just blind ignorance.

Wrong again, the people of this country participated….

Aug 24, 2012, 1:52 AM [ in reply to Re: Actually, no. We were pretty rough on the folks.. ]

in the West African slave trade. Use your intelligence, by "we" he was referring to the actions of this country throughout it's history.

You think the Chinese building the railroads out west or the

Aug 24, 2012, 1:32 AM [ in reply to Actually, no. We were pretty rough on the folks.. ]

Irish & Italians, of every age and both sexes, working and dying in far worse conditions than slaves down south weren't slaves? Technically, no. But in most ways they were. They were treated horribly, paid pennies a day, and if they didn't like it, screw 'em. More are in line and new boats came in every day.

Black people were the only people subjected slavery in this

Aug 24, 2012, 1:35 AM [ in reply to yes. funny in the sense that people treat blacks as if they ]

country's history.

No, but what is the same is treating people differently

Aug 22, 2012, 11:52 AM [ in reply to Funny in the sense that blacks were slaves for many years ]

based on their race. That was the wrong that started the whole mess, and the way to fix it is to treat people the same without regard to race.

So yes, Peppers has the right to do something specifically for African-Americans, but a white person also has the same right to do something specifically for the benefit of white people. Yet, if a white person did that, they would be landblasted. The white person would not be treated the same as the black person, which goes right back to what the problem actually is - treating people differently based strictly on their race.

- H. L. Mencken

Re: No, but what is the same is treating people differently

Aug 22, 2012, 11:54 AM

example....the miss black pageants

Bad example....

Aug 23, 2012, 5:26 AM

How many black women are in Miss America and Miss Universe pageants?

Re: Bad example....

Aug 23, 2012, 10:23 AM

Thats the thing,they are allowed to compete in the 'regular' pageant and have one of their own. Let a white chick try to get into the black one and see what happens. So who are the racists again?

So you say they are allowed....

Aug 23, 2012, 2:23 PM

but nod nod and wink wink.... are they really?

There is a whites only beauty pageant…..

Aug 24, 2012, 1:58 AM [ in reply to Re: Bad example.... ]

it's called Nascar Trophy Wives. How many black nascar trophy wives have there been? Zero. So who are the racists again.

example, nascar racing***

Aug 24, 2012, 1:53 AM [ in reply to Re: No, but what is the same is treating people differently ]

example, whites only proms in Mississippi***

Aug 24, 2012, 1:54 AM [ in reply to Re: No, but what is the same is treating people differently ]

example, the comedian Dane Cook's career***

Aug 24, 2012, 1:55 AM [ in reply to Re: No, but what is the same is treating people differently ]

Re: No, but what is the same is treating people differently

Aug 23, 2012, 10:16 AM [ in reply to No, but what is the same is treating people differently ]

Your post is on the money friend.

LOL. You cannot be serious Joe.***

Aug 22, 2012, 12:16 PM [ in reply to Funny in the sense that blacks were slaves for many years ]

Peppers

Aug 22, 2012, 12:47 PM [ in reply to Funny in the sense that blacks were slaves for many years ]

Peppers has every right to specify his donation the way he wishes it to be. What's a shame in this society is some near 50 years after segregation, there are still "black only" contests, awards, etc? Personally, I think it's just a racist to have a "black only" contest as a "white only" contest...for example, Miss Black America

Re: Peppers

Aug 22, 2012, 12:51 PM

exactly

I think it's racist to have only white nascar trophy wives***

Aug 24, 2012, 1:59 AM [ in reply to Peppers ]

Funny that you should call slave decedents inferior.

Aug 23, 2012, 9:55 AM [ in reply to Funny in the sense that blacks were slaves for many years ]

Disadvantaged might have had a more positive impact but that's not what the KKK literature says.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Funny in the sense that blacks were slaves for many years

Aug 23, 2012, 10:11 AM [ in reply to Funny in the sense that blacks were slaves for many years ]

Not one person involved now was a slave. Stop with the slavery excuse.

Everyone has been slaves, blacks are not special nor

Aug 24, 2012, 1:25 AM [ in reply to Funny in the sense that blacks were slaves for many years ]

unique. Free blacks in Charleston owned slaves. Black tribes in Africa were fighting, killing, and enslaving each other long before selling them to European slave traders.

Africa is a war torn corrupt continent where blacks kill each other for control, money, power. Just like blacks and half the homicides annually in America. Less than 15% of the population making up approx. 50% of the murders and it's almost entirely black on black.

And yes, slavery in any form is a terrible thing, but it's not an American thing. Nor a black/white thing. It's a human nature thing. And had blacks in America not been the product of slavery they'd be back in Africa and we'd have a h#ll of a lot less social & fiscal issues.

Blacks have it better in America than anywhere else in the world. Will Smith said that himself recently in France. So rather than them crying and biotchin constantly about slavery, they should thank their ancestors for their sacrifice and appreciate the opportunities they now have that blacks nowhere else in the world have. Like the NBA, MLB, NFL, Hollywood, the music industry, and all the other opportunities afforded them. Plus education & medicine. What white liberals call "poverty" in America is rich in Africa and the rest of the 3rd world.

I'm sure you'll label me a racist because that's what liberals do anytime someone speaks the cold hard truth rather than buy into the bleeding heart liberal propaganda.

Will Smith ... "I'm a black man who didn't go to college, yet I get to travel around the world and sell my movies, and I believe very firmly that America is the only place on Earth that I could exist"

Will Smith ... "It was as if some part of me was validated. It was something that I've known for a long time that I couldn't really say: 'You know guys, I really don't think America is a racist nation.' I know that I feel like that sometimes but I just don't believe that. There are racist people who live there but I don't think America as a whole is a racist nation. Before Obama won the presidency I wasn't allowed to say that out loud because people would say: 'Oh yeah, of course for you, Mr Hollywood!' "

Welcome to South Carolina,

Aug 22, 2012, 11:43 AM

where some things will never change.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Welcome to South Carolina,

Aug 22, 2012, 12:10 PM

Actually Smilin Tiger gets it. Some of the rest of you missed the point.This post was actually inspired by a "Peanuts" cartoon that I saw this morning. Charlie Brown is talking to a black kid and the kids says " I am proud that I am black" and CB says "that's great"! Then CB says "I am proud that I am white" and the black kid responds by saying "Racist!"
Anyway, I can't set up any scholarships at UNC right now anyway so ... ciao!

Charlie Brown was already a known racist though

Aug 23, 2012, 5:29 AM

He provided clear evidence during Thanksgiving so I think Franklin, or black kid as you call him, had every right to call him that! Check it out for yourself:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

PS--If anyone thinks I'm serious please go away! :)

Aug 22, 2012, 12:22 PM

The black race needs more assistance than other races. That said, Whites, and Hispanics etc. should look at it as more of a compliment.

i can't agree with that statement.

Aug 23, 2012, 4:48 AM

if they provide a scholly for one race they need to provide one for all races, but white's can't. only blacks, hispanics, orientals, etc. can create a special category which directs the funds to be allocated to a certain race.i have been in the same schools as blacks since kindergarten,and i'm 50, so why would blacks need more help than any others?

Its also a fact that whites get most of the sholarships ..

Aug 23, 2012, 5:13 AM

already from all types of sources. So why denigrate a successful black guy from looking after a very few of his own kind? Lot of folks talking about everything being equal, but it's just not that way. Maybe one day it will be more so but it's not anywhere close yet.

Why are whites getting most of the sholarships?

Aug 23, 2012, 5:48 AM

Are they scoring lower and getting scholarships just because they are white?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Probably because there are only 7% ....

Aug 23, 2012, 5:53 AM

african americans enrolled.....

So do you think scholarships should be based upon race more

Aug 23, 2012, 6:08 AM

scholastic ability? Are you saying that there are only 7% african americans enrolled because scholarships are being given to whites over blacks based on race?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think most on a scholastic basis but some on race....

Aug 23, 2012, 6:14 AM

State of SC has 28% blacks, Clemson has 7% blacks enrolled....

State of NC has 22% blacks, UNC has 10% blacks enrolled....

Test scores aren't the only determination of scholastic ability are they?

I don't know the answer but the percentages seem to be off don't they?

Hmmm...

Aug 23, 2012, 9:35 AM

What is the percentage of white students at SC State? You can't just look at Clemson and UNC.

Also, if SC is 28% black (72% non-black, of which I'm assuming that most are white), then doesn't it make sense that more white people do get the scholarships b/c there are more white people? You'd have to normalize the numbers to compare apples to apples.

Now for my rant:

My wife is a teacher, and yesterday they had a speaker who had to sub b/c the original speaker had a family emergency. The speaker was black, and from what I've heard from my wife and many of the other teachers, it was basically a speach of blatant disrespect for white people and white teachers. Apparently, according to the speaker, research has shown that black teachers are much better kindergarten teachers b/c they're so loving and caring. The speaker actually said this to a whole school of teachers. I'm technical by trade, and I know that anything can be shown with statistics. Especially when you doctor them to say what you want. I've not seen the actual numbers regarding what the lady is claiming, but I find it hard to believe that it is anything more than biased research at best and personal opinion at worst. In addition, the lady stated how black students should be given special treatment with behavior. She said that little black girls aren't being "loud," they're being "powerful." If they're being powerful, ask them to stop being so powerful (instead of stop being so loud). All kids can be loud, but I guess black kids should be told they're powerful. Many teachers were outraged at pretty much the entire speach, yet they didn't speak up. So, the racism went on and on for a couple of hours. Thus, there are a lot more than these two examples that I've provided. I'd also like to note that only about 2% of the students at this particular school are black. The vast majority are Asian. Seems like the speaker's audience wasn't the best for her agenda.

That being said, I do believe in freedom of speach, but freedom of speach doesn't afford a person the right to an audience... I guess that right is now given by school districts. This woman can say whatever she wants... that's her right. But my wife, the other teachers, and I also have the right to be outraged at her racist agenda.

I'm sick of this BS double standard that some perpetrate on the citizens of this country. I thought people wanted equality. Not special treatment.

GO TIGERS!!!!

So are you asking me to compare between...

Aug 23, 2012, 11:12 AM

Clemson and SC State as to where a person would want to go? Come on now..... Apples and Apples?

SC State was a college set up by white people to keep….

Aug 24, 2012, 2:09 AM [ in reply to Hmmm... ]

black students out of white colleges. It was called segregation. SC State would have never existed, if it wasn't for segregation. And who was the biggest proponent of SC State, the segregationist Strom Thurmond.

that is more by choice than anything else. you can get in a

Aug 23, 2012, 5:19 PM [ in reply to Probably because there are only 7% .... ]

school with mediocre grades and test scores if you want to go, it may not be the prospective students first choice of schools, but there are accredited universities and colleges that they can attend. there are schollies and loans available if a young person wishes to persue post-secondary education.

Ever heard of George W Bush and John Kerry….

Aug 24, 2012, 2:06 AM [ in reply to Why are whites getting most of the sholarships? ]

both of those guys were far from quality students, yet got free rides.

Uh, because you don't have to worry about a cop wanting...

Aug 24, 2012, 2:05 AM [ in reply to i can't agree with that statement. ]

to search your car because you fit the description of black male.

LOL. They get more help than everyone else combined. They

Aug 24, 2012, 1:40 AM [ in reply to Re: Very nice gesture ............... ]

need to get off their ungrateful lazy azzes, stay in school, stop worshiping the two MJ's, and start seeing people like Herman Cain, Condi Rice, Thomas Sowell, and Clarence Thomas as role models. Not sell outs.

The only people holding blacks back in America are democrats, liberals, and blacks.

hahaha, Clarence Thomas who got his position for no….

Aug 24, 2012, 2:17 AM

other reason than that Republicans could say they nominated a Black guy for a Supreme Court seat. That guy is completely unqualified to be a Supreme Court judge. He hasn't asked a lawyer a question in a Supreme Court case in 15 years!!!!! Clarence Thomas perfectly fits the right wingers stereotype of affirmative action.

Republicans put the first woman and 2nd black on the court

Aug 24, 2012, 3:53 AM

and Bush had more women & minorities in senior staff and cabinet positions than Clinton & Obama combined.

I love how a female or minority conservative is marginalized as a "token" by liberals. And Republicans are the racists? LOL! Oh the irony!!

So black athletes who have made it big and made...

Aug 23, 2012, 9:51 AM

... a lot of money SHOULDN'T try to help other black families out of poverty?

How does a sham curriculum help anyone?

Aug 23, 2012, 9:57 AM

They gonna go to work for the NAACP?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're not talking about the curriculum here.

Aug 23, 2012, 10:04 AM

We're talking about the scholarships. As has already been pointed out, private donors give scholarships targeted for particular minority groups all the time, not just blacks, and it is generally intended to support their own communities, not to deny white kids opportunities.
Black athletes are criticized all the time for not giving back to the communities they came from. Sounds like they can't win this one.

So he didn't earmark the quarter mil for the sham study?***

Aug 23, 2012, 10:07 AM

Re: We're not talking about the curriculum here.

Aug 23, 2012, 10:30 AM [ in reply to We're not talking about the curriculum here. ]

Boo hoo hoo. The poor black race is suffering so bad. You know if more of them would get off their #### and TRY to make something out of themselves then they wouldn't need all this help. To the ones who have busted their tail and refused to use race as an excuse I applaud each and every one of you.

I would dare you to stand in front of the Clemson football.t

Aug 23, 2012, 11:15 AM

team and say that to them in person.... Would you do that?

Re: I would dare you to stand in front of the Clemson football.t

Aug 24, 2012, 12:29 AM

I would say it to anybody. Those guys would fall into the busting their tails category. I will stand by what I say. You or many others may not want to hear it,but it is what it is. Heard a stat the other day that about 51% of Americans receive some sort of check from the government. The problem is nobody wants to work for anything any more. They all want the government to give them a free ride. The government wants the people who get up everyday and work for a living to support all these "non productive" people. That is why Obama is in office because those 51% want to keep him there so we can support their lazy arses so they won't have to get off the couch and earn it themselves. Like I said, I don't care who reads this. You can call me racist or whatever. I prefer to be called a realist.

Is this what you are referring to?

Aug 24, 2012, 12:38 AM

http://blogs.wsj.com/economics/2011/10/05/nearly-half-of-households-receive-some-government-benefit/

If you are a realist, then why aren't you pointing out all..

Aug 24, 2012, 2:21 AM [ in reply to Re: I would dare you to stand in front of the Clemson football.t ]

the lazy white people that get government checks, especially in the State of South Carolina. To you, the only lazy people are minorities. So you fit perfectly into the category of a racist.

he wouldn't, he just hides behind a message board screen...

Aug 24, 2012, 2:19 AM [ in reply to I would dare you to stand in front of the Clemson football.t ]

name to spout his racist venom.

Lucky for you Charley Whitehurst has better things to do...

Aug 23, 2012, 4:14 PM [ in reply to Re: We're not talking about the curriculum here. ]

... than read Tigernet. I suspect he'd have a bone to pick with you.

Could you make your racism any more obvious?…..

Aug 24, 2012, 2:13 AM [ in reply to Re: We're not talking about the curriculum here. ]

If you want to talk about lazy people, then talk about all the lazy fat white people in South Carolina who get diabetes from being over weight, then go out and get a government disability check. Tell me whats the excuse for these lazy fat white people?

Re: So black athletes who have made it big and made...

Aug 23, 2012, 10:19 AM [ in reply to So black athletes who have made it big and made... ]

You just don't get it do you?

The shoe seems to be on the other foot....

Aug 23, 2012, 11:17 AM

You don't seem to be the one who gets it....

Aug 23, 2012, 2:57 PM

Ben Tillman was right.

Ya think?***

Aug 23, 2012, 3:14 PM

relax. it's obvious he just created that handle to say that***

Aug 23, 2012, 3:23 PM

Kill Whitey

Aug 23, 2012, 3:49 PM

How about instead of focusing on a certain race who is not succeeding in life and or education; instead spend the time focusing on those who have succeeded (for all of those who don't agree with ForestTiger)

http://www.insidehighered.com/news/2012/02/06/study-aims-learn-why-some-black-men-succeed-college

Read it...learn it and understand THE why without spewing out the same garbage you hear on CNN or MSNBC (who do a great job of keeping race in the news as much as possible)

If I go to my local school and give 100 grand scholarship for less privileged white kids (living in a single parent home at or below poverty level)...I would be considered racist.

We know this is the case for any race of people....

Aug 23, 2012, 4:13 PM

The question is how do you correct the downward trajectories of dysfunctional underprivileged families?

That's the answer that no one seems to have.

Re

Aug 23, 2012, 4:30 PM

"dysfunctional underprivileged families"...

We are all born with a choice. We can only hope the path your are pushed towards is the one of self reliance and self worth where values passed along are those to better one's environment.

Re: Re

Aug 23, 2012, 10:21 PM

I agree, unfortunately in a lot of cases that's not what happens.

Re: We know this is the case for any race of people....

Aug 23, 2012, 5:26 PM [ in reply to We know this is the case for any race of people.... ]

by cutting off gov't aid after the second child. if people keep having kids, KNOWING they can't support them, they should be imprisoned. there are medical procedures, and over-the-counter methods to prevent UNWANTED pregnacies, even under-privileged people can get these meds, and bunches of public restrooms also have vending machines to sell them.

Re: We know this is the case for any race of people....

Aug 23, 2012, 10:24 PM

Imprisoning people for having babies, forced abortions and forced sterilization is what they do in China. Again, personal responsibility is the key, but it should be taught and learned from an early age.

Take your racism, to the political board to be with the….

Aug 24, 2012, 1:29 AM

other racists on that frequent the political board.

Rightttt typical liberal response. Tell the truth and you're

Aug 24, 2012, 1:45 AM

a racist. Pander to blacks, create programs to enslave them and buy their vote, and you're a humanitarian.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6IJV_0p64s

Says the person who receives a disability check***

Aug 24, 2012, 2:25 AM

So what about all the white people in South Carolina….

Aug 24, 2012, 2:28 AM [ in reply to Rightttt typical liberal response. Tell the truth and you're ]

that live off a government check, yet vote Republican, because the Republican Party panders to racism, sexism, homophobia, and xenophobia?
Explain that one away, blue caddy.

Really. So why did we send a black man to Congress as

Aug 24, 2012, 3:46 AM

a Republican?

The Tea Party supported Herman Cain for pres and got 2 southern blacks elected to Congress.

Ben Tillman already set up a fund for white students only...

Aug 24, 2012, 1:31 AM

over 100 years ago, back in the day of Jim Crow laws. So go jump in a time machine and you can go live comfortably in age where racism was promoted and acceptable in American society. You would fit in much better in that time period.

Aug 24, 2012, 6:02 AM

Yes because we all know that since 1609 when the first African slaves were brought to the New World that blacks have been on equal economic and legal footing with whites right? Oh wait.... Seems they were enslaved as subhumans for 250 years then hindered economically and socially for another 100 years by Jim Crowism that didn't end legally until 1964-within my lifetime. It continues unofficially as states like Texas have amended their school books to refer to the African slave trade as 'immigration' ... Yep us white folks have sure had it bad - how dare Julius Peppers!

Bump...Because some people just want to watch the world burn***

Aug 24, 2012, 10:50 AM

Affirmative Action had it's place years ago, but I do think

Aug 24, 2012, 11:49 AM

it's time to acknowledge that an honest attempt to level the playing field has occurred. There will always be white people with prejudices toward black people, just as there will always be black people with prejudices toward white folks.

For racism to truly end - there has to be an end to scholarships (for example) that are solely for a member of a particular race.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Racism won't end until all races are so mixed...

Aug 24, 2012, 4:40 PM

we all look alike. Then, we can get back to hate of other because of their religion.

Replies: 117
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic