Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Best thing about Clemson win tonight?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Best thing about Clemson win tonight?

Jun 7, 2010, 11:32 PM

Because we hate Auburn? Because SoCar already made a Super Regional?

No...because idiots on here continue to doubt Jack Leggett's coaching ability!! We are one of the 10 best baseball programs in the country. We have been there before in football but we went and messed with it. You really want to do that with this program???

Clemson has only missed the NCAA tourney once in the last 2.5 decades, makes the Super Regionals (same as Sweet 16 in basketball) more than 50% of the time, and makes the CWS 3 times a decade.

Nothing wrong with the current or future status of this program. DONT MESS WITH IT!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amen!***

Jun 7, 2010, 11:33 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm happy they won but

Jun 7, 2010, 11:35 PM

no one can defend his choice of leaving cruz in for so long.

Im not saying he should lose his job, but that was one bonehead decision

You just made his point. Read it again.***

Jun 7, 2010, 11:37 PM

how did I make his point?

Jun 7, 2010, 11:40 PM

I have never thought that we needed a change at the head coach position at Clemson.

I do think that its ok to question one of the dumbest baseball decisions I have ever seen

Re: how did I make his point?

Jun 7, 2010, 11:42 PM

One of the dumbest baseball decisions you have seen? You MUST not watch much baseball.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You just don't get it. You made his point like it was

Jun 7, 2010, 11:43 PM [ in reply to how did I make his point? ]

scripted. Think!

Re: I'm happy they won but

Jun 7, 2010, 11:38 PM [ in reply to I'm happy they won but ]

I would tend to trust the guy that recruited the player, is around him every day and understands his psyche (and/or the psyche of the others he may have had available). Just sayin'.

Don't hang a breaking ball on an 0-2 pitch

Jun 7, 2010, 11:39 PM [ in reply to I'm happy they won but ]

He really didnt show any signs of fatigue before that...maybe the walk two batters early. Got ahead of the next hitter 0-2 and the guy hit a Ric Flair for a hit. Got ahead of the next guy 1-2 and made a terrible pitch.

I only question when he brought Cruz in. Brought him in to face a lefty in the 7th. But, Jack knows his players. That's why once again we are once again competing to go to Omaha.

Re: Best thing about Clemson win tonight?

Jun 7, 2010, 11:38 PM

I guess i want more than just making it to the supers and cws once in a while. Not saying it wasnt a great game plan tonight. Im just not a big jack fan.....just a big CU fan. Nothing wrong with you thinking he is the greatest coach of all time. I just think getting to cws at clemson should be a regularity not an every once in a while occasion. I also think its more of the recruiting as well....not getting the top players we once did. Good job tonight though. Hell i hope he proves me wrong all the way to the championship game.

Some CU fan! Only in fair weather.***

Jun 7, 2010, 11:44 PM

Re: Some CU fan! Only in fair weather.***

Jun 7, 2010, 11:48 PM

Went to every home baseball game while at CU. Saw some #### good players. Graduate 06'. Just not a jack fan. If that makes me fair weather then so be it.

Every now and then???

Jun 7, 2010, 11:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Best thing about Clemson win tonight? ]

Clemson has made the CWS 3 times in the last decade. That's how many final 4s Duke and UNC have been to in basketball.

Sorry if you Leggett didnt recruit your best friend's boss' son.

Re: Every now and then???

Jun 7, 2010, 11:57 PM

UNC 2 national championships in the past 5 years. Duke just won the natiobal championship. No comparison. I am my boss and no kids....sorry to kill your theory

you're right

Jun 8, 2010, 12:04 AM

a national championship is missing from Leggett's resume. But, still not the worst comparison. The top baseball programs are measured by CWS appearances and the top basketball programs are measured by Final 4 appearances.

However, I am right about you having something personal against Leggett.

My only complaints with leggett are pitching choices

Jun 7, 2010, 11:46 PM

in dire, win or go home situations and recruiting in state.

The latter is as big of an issue if he is getting the talent he feels he needs to win from somewhere else.

But I'm not an idiot. I think the man is a great coach of the game and anyone who disagrees with that clearly doesn't understand the gravity of those accomplishments.

"Excuse me? I don't go down to your work and tell you how to flip the burger!"

Re: My only complaints with leggett are pitching choices

Jun 8, 2010, 6:30 AM

Pitching Choices...Jack knows his players a lot better than even the most ardent fan on here. Look at the majors -every pitcher has a day when they can't find the plate or hang a curve ball,etc.

Recruiting in state -maybe SC doesn't have all the talent we think. Wheilham had players from everywhere.The big thing is the stupid 11.7 Scollys due to title IX. Again the government tries to do something good and screws it up.-

Re: My only complaints with leggett are pitching choices

Jun 8, 2010, 7:34 AM

Yeah, I mis-typed. I said I would like for him to look more instate, but if he is getting the talent from else where, it doesn't matter to me.

I just think it's important, albeit, not as important as football, to have in roads to local schools. These relationships can bail you out if you ever find that you are in a slump recruiting from the national scene.

"Excuse me? I don't go down to your work and tell you how to flip the burger!"

Re: Best thing about Clemson win tonight?

Jun 7, 2010, 11:56 PM

I'm very tempted to re-post a post I had on here a few weeks ago where I was absolutely lambasted for singing Jack's praises. I wouldn't call the fair weather fans "idiots" but I respect your right to do so. I would just say that they are mostly young, uninformed and impatient. Baseball wisdom is not easily attainable sitting on a couch and eating Cheetos, though many believe it is so. (And still wonder why their penises are orange.) :)

But I just really wanted to say "I told you so!" to the Jack haters.

Roll (the) Tide!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Win, lose or draw . . . I'm a Tiger fan forevermore!

Hurricane Duane

I think you forget

Jun 8, 2010, 12:38 AM

that we are all on the same side here. We got VERY lucky getting into a regional with Auburn who are a very bad fielding, up and coming team. This doesn't excuse Jack for continuing to let Cruz lose games for us all year.

Would I LOVE for cruz to close out a CWS win for us? Certainly! Doesn't mean I'm put in that situation based on what I have seen 50 plus games this year.

Having said ALL that, good luck to CJL and the rest of the team! Go Tigers!!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think you forget

Jun 8, 2010, 1:10 AM

With all due respect, we are NOT all on the same side here. Sometimes I don't think we're even all on the same "planet" here. I've been lambasted for congratulating the Gamecocks for a hard earned football victory on "here" and told that I should never be allowed to post on "here" again amongst various and sundry other insults. My son is a senior at USC. I live in the state named South Carolina. I don't care if they win every game they play against everyone else in every sport, except for when they play my Tigers. Many on "here" want me burned at the stake for that attitude.

No sir, we are not all on the same side here. :)!

Hope you get my point now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hurricane Duane

There are MANY on here...

Jun 8, 2010, 7:59 AM

that share your same attitude. I love my Tigers but wish no ill will against the #####. That comes with maturity. Some of my best friends and family members are U of SC people.
Don't let the few juvenile idiots on here and FGF skew your opinions. Anyone that holds that much hatred inside needs to re-evaluate their lives.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ahhhhhhhh.....

Jun 23, 2010, 8:20 PM

An evolved fan is so refreshing. Thank you!

Hurricane Duane

HEY!!!

Jun 8, 2010, 6:27 AM [ in reply to Re: Best thing about Clemson win tonight? ]

I don't eat Cheetos. ;)

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic