Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Someone wanted to know why em-bedded html tags
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Someone wanted to know why em-bedded html tags

Feb 28, 2006, 10:17 PM

no longer work to post audio and videos. Earlier this year I found a "flaw" that allowed for SIGNIFICANT abuse of the points system. After testing the theory for a few hours I realized it was pretty serious. I notified B-Meist of the "flaw" and he took the best possible step to prevent it, by disabling the < e-m-b-e-d > and < i-f-r-a-m-e > html tags. Of course this meant my cool old signature with the countdown would no longer work, but I had to take one for the team ;)

By the way B-Meist....PLEASE remove my 1100 points from the sql db if you get the time or inclination. Thanks!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so you're the one that ruined it

Feb 28, 2006, 10:20 PM

thanks a lot man. ;) Seriously though, thanks for telling us...I was wondering why I couldn't e-m-b-e-d anymore.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Trust me...it's better that it's not there anyway

Feb 28, 2006, 10:26 PM

for security reasons, besides the potential to get illegal points.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

agree...nice job finding the glitch.***

Feb 28, 2006, 10:28 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geek

Feb 28, 2006, 10:33 PM [ in reply to Trust me...it's better that it's not there anyway ]

:)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think there were others that were exploiting the flaw

Feb 28, 2006, 10:44 PM

What sparked my curiosity was that one day I noticed I had about 300 more points than in the previous day. Someone t-mailed me and said they "gave" me the points, but I refused to believe they actually went through and thumbed up my last 300 posts. A week or so later I tested a few theories and one worked. You could give points to yourself or to anyone else (assuming you were a donor). Technically the exploit can still be carried out, but not as effectively.

Re: Trust me...it's better that it's not there anyway

Mar 1, 2006, 12:30 AM [ in reply to Trust me...it's better that it's not there anyway ]

it would be horrible if someone got some illegal points...

what would we do?

;)

The point system is immature and utterly worthless. Sorry if

Mar 1, 2006, 8:17 AM [ in reply to Trust me...it's better that it's not there anyway ]

that offends you guys who for some reason crave points like a dolphin does fish, but the point system is just plain worthless and like something you would see in grade school.

Point for you!***

Mar 1, 2006, 9:51 AM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

C-o-u-l-d-n-'t (do what?) i-n- -b-e-d

Mar 1, 2006, 12:00 AM [ in reply to so you're the one that ruined it ]

....anymore. Must be a-w-k-w-a-r-d. j/k :)

Uh...That's not a good thing***

Feb 28, 2006, 11:36 PM

Re: Someone wanted to know why em-bedded html tags

Feb 28, 2006, 11:50 PM

Here's a solution - do away with the ridiculous point system

Mar 1, 2006, 8:18 AM

so we can have IMPORTANT things, like countdown timers. Geez guys, can we please get our priorities straight here?

I would agree except there is one benefit

Mar 1, 2006, 11:07 AM

to the system. If you only have 10 or 15 minutes to read t-net, it helps cut through all the garbage and you can go straight to the good posts.

I would like to see a modification where the points are not given to members, but only to the post itself.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic