Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I will say it right here and now, for all to hear, ...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,521

I will say it right here and now, for all to hear, ...

Dec 7, 2005, 10:09 PM

including the Coots. Steve Spurrier got outcoached by Tommy Bowden . Just that simple . Look at the first half stats compared to the second half. A complete turnaround. Old Ball Sack threw everything at us in the first half except the kitchen sink. And only led by three at the half. We dominated the second half , both on offense and defense. And scored the games only touchdown five plays after a first and thirty five . Hell, the offensive genius could not convert a muffed punt on first and goal into a TD, and could not get a first down from near midfield after we fumbled an interception. And for all their so-called swagger, the Coots had that same old heads down attitude , literally and figuratively ,that we have seen so often though recent years, after momentum swinging moments. ... I think what bothers me the most is not necessarily that not one single sportswriter , sports talk host , or even sports talk caller, has ever given Tommy credit for it . I mean , we know that is par for the course . When does anyone in the media ever give Tommy credit for anything except for being on the hot seat ? No , what really gets in my craw is what we would be hearing if the shoe was on the other foot . Imagine if Tommy had thrown every gimmick play you could imagine in the first half , only to have a three point lead despite dominating statistics, then have the tables turned a mirror image in the second half , and lose the game ? We would still be reading headlines about how Tommy got outcoached, and that Spurrier is an absolute genius. While many of us could not watch the Spurrier show the following morning since it mysteriously did not air in many parts of the state , I spent the night in Columbia , and watched it there. Todd Ellis and Spurrier both looked absolutely sick , but Spurrier had that sick look of a coach that is different from just the look of one whose team has lost a tough game . He had the sick look of a coach who knows he has been OUTCOACHED. And that is the rest of the story.

Message was edited by: Jagger®

Message was edited by: Jagger®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I will say it right here and now, for all to hear, ...

Dec 7, 2005, 10:11 PM

I AGREE 100%

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2016 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Re: I will say it right here and now, for all to hear, ...

Dec 7, 2005, 10:33 PM

He--OBC--might consider replacing old Todd as his front man and the Gamecocks 'on-air' head co-cheerleader[w/ T. Suggs]. For those two, Clemson has never deserved to win a game against the '#####'. All were flukes!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Preach!***

Dec 8, 2005, 12:24 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

excellent post.. excellent articulation..TB owns SOS***

Dec 8, 2005, 2:38 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

EXCELLENT POST! I have been saying

Dec 8, 2005, 7:19 AM

the exact same thing ever since I woke up after the game and read all the pro-USC coverage in the State. To read the paper, you would have thought USC won. I have been told that the State made a conscious decision before the game to only print positive articles about USC even if they lost but they went way overboard. I told Gillispie that his article should have been about the "irony" that it was Bowden who came up with the great offensive plan, and came up with a TD drive when their backs were against the wall while all the OBC could do was muster 1 yard on a first and goal after the dropped punt and two interceptions on the last drive when they needed to score to win the game. I made the same point that if the roles were reversed, we would still be reading about the deity status of Spurrier. I'm sick of the media frenzy over SOS.

By the way, name one player that he himself has kicked off the team. No one! Find that in the State.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Paragraphs or no paragraphs - hard to argue with that!***

Dec 8, 2005, 9:30 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,521
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic