Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Heckling
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 1

Heckling

May 20, 2005, 10:21 AM

To the small group that thinks it's cool to heckle Miami based on their ethnic make-up--

Just remember that we went after Cesar and were in his top 3. Remember also that we will be recruiting South Florida harder now that Miami is in our league. I'm not just talking Baseball either.

Also, not only is it poor representation of the University, but it's a total disservice to Jorge, Roberto, Gigi, and others who have worn the Tiger Orange.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did that happen last night, or are you just preaching?

May 20, 2005, 10:26 AM

I sincerely hope it did not happen. Our heckling should be more sports related than any other issue. What ever happen to the chant, "u hit like a girl," or "Swing batter batter batter swing ?"

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Heckling

May 20, 2005, 10:30 AM

Excellent post, I am glad someone beside myself see what the long term ramifications of the ethnic slurs are.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

True, but when your last name is Deez, and you're a ####....

May 20, 2005, 10:32 AM

it's open season.

That guy actually talked junk back to the right

May 20, 2005, 10:51 AM

field crowd that was heckling him. His next time at the plate he knocked a HR right into that crowd and kind of smirked at us out there in Right when he was rounding first. I hated that guy.

Lol, yep, I remember that very clearly. He was catching

May 20, 2005, 10:55 AM

hell in the outfield that game. Then he smacked that homerun that landed right in the middle of the right field crowd. He was loving that.

Please share the ethnic slurs being spewed last night***

May 20, 2005, 10:33 AM

I bet you may not hear an example. Since most of it was from

May 20, 2005, 10:41 AM

our students. Near the bullpen.

I was there, made fun of the names, but am waiting to hear

May 20, 2005, 10:42 AM

all these racial slurs everyone is so up in arms about.

My post was a generalization-- it was about comments

May 20, 2005, 10:53 AM

made on this board leading up to the series as well as based on multiple accounts on this board, things that happened at last nights game. Why would anyone post the words on a message board just to satisfy your request. No words need to be posted, as several longtime posters as well as some others I trust have indicated that there was some offensive heckling. By all indications, it wasn't anywhere near 1994, thank goodness.

No, it was not a generalization you're calling your own out

May 20, 2005, 11:05 AM

"To the small group that thinks it's cool to heckle Miami based on their ethnic make-up--"

What do you have to back this up. Don't call your family out and then say I am taking the high road and won't discuss this with you anymore because I am above saying those WORDS to satisfy you.

If you call someone out back it up!

Just look at the board or TAC from last night- there

May 20, 2005, 11:10 AM

obviously is a group(and I said small) that thinks it's acceptable. It was a generalization on the heckling of Miami from the standpoint of whether it was on this board, on another board, at the game, before the game, or after the game, etc.

There is a huge difference between internet comments

May 20, 2005, 11:14 AM

and heckling at the ball game. Were you at the game, if so what ethnic slurs did you experience?

Not trying to be a butt, however this admonishment of our fans for their ethnic comments last night seems to be a bunch of horse crap.

Look Below- there's more than one longtime poster stating

May 20, 2005, 11:23 AM

they heard stuff and some have posted censored versions of what they heard. My initial post had to do with the overall bashing and wasn't pinpointed totally to the game last night. I wasn't at the game and never said I was. I made a post about it because I know folks that went to the game and I have seen some of the reports(from people I trust as well) on the board. I have seen deragatory comments on this message board leading up to the series, others have noted them being on TAC last night, and still others heard them at the game last night. I didn't know that your ears were so good that you could hear everything at DKS. There's plenty of smoke on this from reliable people, why can't you admit there was a fire. Even though it may have just been a brush fire. Or just say, I didn't hear them and leave it at that.

FYI- it's not an admonishment to anyone who didn't say them

May 20, 2005, 11:28 AM [ in reply to There is a huge difference between internet comments ]

so why would you try to defend anyone that did?

I have yet to hear anyone with eye witness accounts.

May 20, 2005, 11:31 AM

It's a bunch of chicken littles repeating what they heard read from posts at 8am. I am not defending anything but the thrill of heckling.

Here's the thing

May 20, 2005, 11:35 AM

It may not have happened. But the one thing that is absolutely positive is that no one is saying heckling is wrong. No one is saying that you can't try to get under the skin of the players. What is being said is that if racial slurs were used during heckling it was wrong. In TAC last night there were a number of wetback "jokes". IMO, over the line. Did it happen at DKS? I have no idea.

But, what I do know is that you don't have to defend heckling.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TigerChat was full of cuban stuff.

May 20, 2005, 10:58 AM [ in reply to Please share the ethnic slurs being spewed last night*** ]

I 'listened' to the game via TigerChat. A dozen folks made more 'Cuban' comments during the game than I thought were appropriate. I think very little of that is way more than necessary.

Miami has a baseball team that is full of guys with latino sounding names. Making that the center of the heckling is out of line in my mind.

Harley

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good post, but making fun of a name it not a racial slur

May 20, 2005, 10:34 AM

I sit on the third base side. Alot of the quotes were about names. I did not hear what I have heard in the past. Back in '94 people were holding up green cards and other things that were negative and slurs.

But the 94 incident was provoked by the Miami hooligans******

May 20, 2005, 10:35 AM

I agree....***

May 20, 2005, 10:37 AM

Re: Good post, but making fun of a name it not a racial slur

May 20, 2005, 10:44 AM [ in reply to Good post, but making fun of a name it not a racial slur ]

I also sit on the third base side. Except for one student trying to speak Spanish to the Miami players, I heard nothing even approaching a racial or ethnic slur.

didn't see the word "slur" in my post, did you?***

May 20, 2005, 10:58 AM [ in reply to Good post, but making fun of a name it not a racial slur ]

Re: didn't see the word "slur" in my post, did you?***

May 20, 2005, 11:08 AM

Did not say you used the word slur in your post, was adding about the very few fans that were using the slur "wet????" at a few of the Miami players. I asked them if they knew what ethnic group that slur was for. That is not used as a racial slur to the Cubans.

my reply wasn't to you FTLT***

May 20, 2005, 11:14 AM

It was implied***

May 20, 2005, 1:09 PM [ in reply to didn't see the word "slur" in my post, did you?*** ]

where was that group last night?..UM dugout, bullpen, where?***

May 20, 2005, 10:44 AM

Someone posted down by the pitchers..***

May 20, 2005, 10:45 AM

bullpen...***

May 20, 2005, 10:46 AM

WHAT WAS THE PROBLEM??????????

May 20, 2005, 10:51 AM

It is cool to heckle the other team.

What were the ethnic insults though?

I agree...... WGAF?!***

May 20, 2005, 10:58 AM

COLLEGE: A three-year starter at strong safety for Clemson, finished his career with 234 tackles and 11 interceptions.

We may face him again

May 20, 2005, 10:54 AM

I am hoping this whole heckling thing is being blow out of proportion. I hope it was a tiny group people. In the ACC tournament or NCAA we could very well face him again. If you want to embarass yourself have at it. But at that game you represent Clemson Univ. and I hope know one wants to embarass CU. Remember how disgusting the USC hecklers were espically in the 70s and 80s when Coach Wilhelm (sp) took his teams to Columbia. It almost ended the series. I think Coach W. was to that point. Why give Miami extra incentive ?
Why give those who claim because CU is 90%+ white more ammo that we are racist. Any Clemson coach will tell you that is the number one weapon used against us. Obviously it is BS but perception is everything.

i think all of this is crap that was stirred up by the

May 20, 2005, 11:03 AM

media before the game last night. there really wasn't much of that going on. sure there was an ocational Ceazar Castro slam but that definately wasn't the majority. just a small group.

All I need say is AMEN!!!***

May 20, 2005, 11:18 AM

LMAO. This post is too funny.***

May 20, 2005, 11:57 AM

Thank you! It is sad that Clemson students and/or fans

May 20, 2005, 12:28 PM

can't do any better than that. That is basic. It that continues, word will spread and we'll may never get another recruit out of South Florida. And we probably wouldn't deserve one.

we dont need em.

May 20, 2005, 1:49 PM

and we probably dont need one either. I think we are fine without them.

Re: we dont need em.

May 20, 2005, 2:52 PM

> and we probably dont need one either. I think we are
> fine without them.

Maybe you are not needed.

Exactly what percentage of our recruits over the years

May 20, 2005, 3:15 PM

come out of S. Florida, and if a kid wants to go to Clemson, he'll go there, ball players keep their heads on the field, I mean, in the majors is their NO heckling?

Gimme a break, these guys are mature adults, I think they can make decisions for themselves.

Replies: 38
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic