Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For my post #666
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 713

For my post #666

Jan 12, 2005, 8:53 AM

I want everyone to pause and think about your blessings. In the past few weeks we have seen the power of nature in SE Asia with over 150,000 killed and millions hurting. We have seen how one little mistake can wreak havoc on a community such as Graniteville.

If you can read this message you are lucky and blessed, so just pause to think about it. We get to argue over which team is better and how good our recruiting class is going to be. We get to argue over what color uniforms our Tigers should wear. We get to complain about anything we want to. We are truly blessed.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

where is graniteville and what happened?***

Jan 12, 2005, 8:56 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: where is graniteville and what happened?***

Jan 12, 2005, 8:59 AM

It is in SC and two trains hit each other one spilling chlorine gas and killing a few people.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's between Aiken and Augusta.***

Jan 12, 2005, 9:03 AM

Graniteville is to Aiken as Central is to Clemson.***

Jan 12, 2005, 9:13 AM [ in reply to where is graniteville and what happened?*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wouldn't it be more like Newry?***

Jan 12, 2005, 9:18 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Same distance between downtown Aiken and

Jan 12, 2005, 9:28 AM

downtown Graniteville as downtown Clemson and downtown Graniteville. Hospital and USC-Aiken are only a mile or so from Graniteville.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great post.

Jan 12, 2005, 8:58 AM

I agree. We are so lucky and blessed. Even with the problems we do encounter, they are nothing in comparison to what much of the world wakes up to every morning.

And its great to be a Tiger!

Great post!!!

Jan 12, 2005, 9:12 AM

My kids 5 & 6 have seen pictures and reports of the tsunami and asked what they could do to help and we helped them find ways. They have "earned money" for the relief by doing extra chores around the house. Then they have got to see the effects of the Graniteville displacement first hand. The church that hosts my 5 year old's 4K is being used as the command center for the railroad as well as a shelter. She has donated some toys as well as given up her recess on the playground because it is being used by the affected kids. My 6 year old has happily carried items to be donated to school with her with a big smile on her face. They have seen the roadblocks and emergency vehicles for the last week. I've explained to them that the news usually only shows the bad stories, not all the many, many good stories that happen every day and far outweigh the bad. Not only has it had a significant impact on my wife and me but it has had an impact on my kids. I can see how much they really have been able to appreciate the little things in life through these horrible incidents and that there are many ways to help. They've gained a greater understanding of community, both global and local.

Indeed we are fortunate

Jan 12, 2005, 9:22 AM

Events like the recent tsunami disaster in Asia and the chemical spill in Graniteville make the headlines and fill us with pity for the affected and gratitude that we are not among that number.

But if you want to keep that feeling of gratitude in your heart every day, remind yourself each morning of the following:

There are roughly six billion people on earth. Nearly three billion of them live on less than two dollars a day.

Let us be thankful.

null

Great post,and for everyone's info...

Jan 12, 2005, 10:21 AM

There was a train wreck that caused a terrible chlorine chemical spill in Graniteville. The fumes suffocated some ( I think 9 people) to death. We should all pray for that community, because they still are cleaning this up.

Puts it all in perspective, doesn't it?***

Jan 12, 2005, 10:30 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 713
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic