Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A little Saturday morning baseball update:
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 698

A little Saturday morning baseball update:

May 27, 2006, 6:47 AM

...while we wait for the game to begin....

Teams that have done themselves no favors this week, either as a Super site, a region site or just plain getting an invite:

In the ACC, UNC and the Hoos (4-5 nationally) showed a decided weakness in what was supposed to be a strength -- pitching. Both will still be fine region hosts, but now both could easily have to travel if they go to a Super after fading early in the tourney.

Ga. Tech has proven they are better than Miami. If they can knock us out, then they've earned a Super. If not, I still see one going to the Hoos. Florida State may end up being the Region host in Florida with two impressive wins over Top 10 competition. Can they stop the resugent Wolfpack? We'll find out this afternoon.

Elsewhere:
Rice, Texas and Clemson remain unbeaten this week and had yesterday off. FUllerton clinched its conference title by edging Long Beach State. Alabama avenged an early loss this week to LSU by dropping the other Tigers from the SEC tourney. It's a catless SEC now as KY was sent packing by the Dawgs a couple of days ago. The Dawgs seem to be back on track as well, but how about them Commodores' wins over Georgia and USC?

BTW, lest anyone get in a gloating mood, USC will still make a fine 2 seed somewhere.

A few more games yesterday that might make a difference down the road:

No. 25 Pepperdine slipped past No. 24 San Francisco, 7-6
Fresno State edge San Jose State 3-2
Nevada kept its tourney hopes alive, whipping Hawaii 10-2
The Citadel stays in the hunt with 2 wins, beating UNC-G 10-3 and Western Carolina 4-2. El Cid now faces Elon, which was mashed by a resurgent CoC yesterday 12-1.

Wichita State fell into the loser's bracket with a 14-3 loss to Evansville, Tulane may have driven a nail in East Carolina's NCAA coffin with a 2-1 win, and Winthrop likely did the same to Coastal Carolina with a 4-3 win.

Notre Dame's win over St. Johns may have given the NCAA another northern regional (if you consider South Bend northern...I sure do!) and neiother Oklahoma nor Okla. State did the Sooner State's hosting hopes any good by both losing in the Big XII tourney. No doubt one of them will host a region, but which?

Bah! Let everyone else worry about such things. Thanks to the general malaise of secveral other teams, the Tigers have no worries about a Super site. Let's relax and concentrate on swatting the bees instead.

Finish strong, Tigers!

Message was edited by: RevDodd®

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

great info as usual...Thanks Rev!***

May 27, 2006, 7:30 AM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for the updates , Rev!!***

May 27, 2006, 7:35 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Probably correct on USC being a #2 seed but right now

May 27, 2006, 8:02 AM

the way they have been playing I would put them no higher than a #3 seed. A #2 seed indicates a top 32 team and their only good win of late has been the one win over UK in the first game of the tourney.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A morning project: Get Frog above 1,000 points by gametime!

May 27, 2006, 8:25 AM

It's not that far, and he'll have a much better seat to see the game. Granted it'll still be on the computer, but.....

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL - Thanks and still waiting on my steak knives from 500.***

May 27, 2006, 8:49 AM

Re: LOL - Thanks and still waiting on my steak knives from 500.***

May 27, 2006, 8:53 AM

Wow...I get knives @ 500, I getting there

Processing begins at 500...

May 27, 2006, 9:24 AM [ in reply to LOL - Thanks and still waiting on my steak knives from 500.*** ]

,,,they don't ship until you hit 1,000. Keep an eye on the mailbox.

I'm looking forward to the nifty in-truck margarita mixer we get at 6,000.

I'm in...point for frog***

May 27, 2006, 8:29 AM [ in reply to Probably correct on USC being a #2 seed but right now ]

Well, heck: You're not too far from the cast-iron cookware.***

May 27, 2006, 9:25 AM

Huzzah! You're now an enthusiast. Enjoy the steak knives.***

May 27, 2006, 9:23 AM [ in reply to Probably correct on USC being a #2 seed but right now ]

I'm betting they'll be #2 in Chapel Hill***

May 27, 2006, 9:53 AM [ in reply to Probably correct on USC being a #2 seed but right now ]

Ahhh! Another asteroid series!***

May 27, 2006, 10:31 AM

Since we didn't get the asteroid yesterday I suppose

May 27, 2006, 10:57 AM

the coots blowing a 9 run lead was the next best thing.

Replies: 13
| visibility 698
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic