Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
September 19, 1987
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 760

September 19, 1987

Nov 9, 2005, 2:15 PM

I was there sitting in the North Upper Deck, Section M row O watching the Tigers trailing the Dawgs by 4 points. Things were getting dire as the seconds kept ticking away and the crowd started to give up. Never will I forget the fellow on the row in front on me stood and started yelling what the #### is wrong with you people, this game isn't over and the Tigers need our help. One by one the crowd started coming back from the dead. I remember looking down and thinking we need a sefety and an FG. With a good punt here we just might be able to pull this one out. By that time the crowd was in full force and the rest is history.

As I was walking down the ramp I heard a UGA fan muttering to herself, "I can't believe they did it two years in a rwo".

November 19, 1977 Steve Fuller and company took the field Columbia late in the fourth quarter trailing 27-24. The TV cameras were focused on the T-Shirts the USC players had hidden under their jereseys that day that they were so proudly displaying. But Fuller and company marched out on to the field with a determination and knowledge that the game was not over. The rest is history.

November 8, 2003 Tommy Bowden is coaching his last game as far as most are concerned and an interim coach is to take over for the last two games of the season. Coming off a whipping at Wake Forest there is no doubt about his future. The only question is how badly the Tigers wil lose that night. The rest is history.

Sometimes it is the players, sometimes the coaches and sometimes the fans but they need to feed off of each other. One component alone is not enough and we can't sit back and wait to make something happen. For well over 40 years I have followed football both college and High School and it takes all three, players, fans and coaches. It will always take luck and skill but it also take believing.

I graduated from East Clarendon High School. In 1964 we won one game. In 1965 Shad Hall looked at us and said, "This year we are going to do better. This is my 12th year here and you are my class. You started the same year I did and this year is going to be special". Our motto that year was the Dave Clark Five song Catch Us If You Can. Every player walked to class and to practice humming that song. We won the state championship that year in the most incredible season I have ever been a part of. In April of 1966 Shad Hall was killed in a car wreck. I cried like a baby.

You have to believe that something special is going to happen no matter if you are a player, a coach or a fan. FSU is coming to town and we are going to whip them up and down the field and there ain't a #### thing they can do about it. You just remember that. This year you have seen no better example of the game not being over till all the fat ladies are through singing. Tune up those vocal chords because something special is in store for the rest of this season. We have three more game to play and the fat ladies aren't singing yet. In 1987 it was the fans, in 1977 it was the players, 2003 the coaches. It's time for all three to join together at opening kickoff for a butt cutting.

Wear Orange.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I also graduated from ECHS....small world******

Nov 9, 2005, 2:17 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

HOF! Really nice post...thanks for that.***

Nov 9, 2005, 2:26 PM

Wonderfully written...got me pumped up!***

Nov 9, 2005, 2:26 PM

great stuff***

Nov 9, 2005, 2:28 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That was my FIRST freshman year at Clemson. I had a little

Nov 9, 2005, 2:32 PM

too much fun and had to have a 2nd Freshman year.

"The one who thinks we can and the one who thinks we can't are both right! Which one are you, son? Which one are you, son?"

That's it. I'm done working for the week...

Nov 9, 2005, 2:39 PM

Thanks A LOT...

;)

I remember it well

Nov 9, 2005, 2:41 PM

I was 11 years old at the time and was sitting with my parents five rows above the visitors section (back then they put the visitors in the corner opposite the student section where the band is now).

At the ripe old age of 11 years old, I witnessed almost a dozen fights in the stands that day. My parents almost took me out of the game because the UGA fans were so violent, vulgar, and obnoxious. I think that may have also been the game where the drunk guy fell all the way down the steps (about 20 rows or so).

To this day I stil lhave trouble hating coots more than UGA fans, but somehow I manage :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow I'm pumped! Thanks!***

Nov 9, 2005, 2:48 PM

awesome writing!! GO TIGERS!***

Nov 9, 2005, 2:50 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Gotta love the Frogman!!***

Nov 9, 2005, 2:59 PM

Butt cutting?***

Nov 9, 2005, 3:02 PM

so are you saying TB should get 12 years even if he goes

Nov 9, 2005, 3:04 PM

1-11?

;)

j/k- good post