Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Joe Craig Has to Go
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 70
| visibility 1

Joe Craig Has to Go

Jun 5, 2011, 8:41 PM

Just returning from out of town and belatedly read the disappointing Joe Craig news. I will not be the first or last Tiger alum to make this assessment.

Sadly for all involved, Craig cannot under any circumstances walk to the Clemson House at midnight and beat up any female whether she is track team or not, saint or villain. Regardless of the story details and his predictable pleas for forgiveness, his rehab will have to take place elsewhere.

Tiger coaches and players have been doing a great job eliminating this type of behavior and the press that goes with it ... Mr. Craig needs to be publicly held accountable and sent packing as an example of behavior Clemson will not accept.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let he who hast not beat a woman with a metal pole cast

Jun 5, 2011, 8:42 PM

the first stone. PTI and this should be clear

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Let he who hast not beat a woman with a metal pole cast

Jun 5, 2011, 8:43 PM

HaHa

Re: Joe Craig Has to Go

Jun 5, 2011, 8:42 PM

lighten up francis..

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What position does he play? And how good is he. It might

Jun 5, 2011, 8:47 PM

be that he didn't get the best of her. Didn't he have to go somewhere for injuries. Maybe she whupped him?

While those are factors for Spurrier, they should

Jun 6, 2011, 8:41 AM

not matter and I hope they dont matter at Clemson

Idiot !***

Jun 5, 2011, 8:56 PM

The most brutal fight I have ever seen in my life was

Jun 5, 2011, 8:59 PM

between two black females. It took six teachers to break up that brawl. Shame on Joe Craig for getting himself in this situation.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

racist!! ;-)***

Jun 5, 2011, 9:37 PM

So, what exactally are you implying***

Jun 6, 2011, 12:00 AM [ in reply to The most brutal fight I have ever seen in my life was ]

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Joe should have run away !***

Jun 6, 2011, 12:31 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

from a guy who has jumped the gun on many occasions

Jun 6, 2011, 7:17 PM [ in reply to The most brutal fight I have ever seen in my life was ]

wait till the whole story comes out

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

Get out much?!

Jun 5, 2011, 9:33 PM

I'll sit back and let the admin and the coaches work it out.

Just a guess, but I'm pretty sure they are dialed in to the situation.

If a woman stabbed me, I'd be inclined to punch her a

Jun 5, 2011, 10:37 PM

few times. Were you aware of that before you started running your mouth?

Re: If a woman stabbed me, I'd be inclined to punch her a

Jun 5, 2011, 11:29 PM

Amazing that people are defending him. You know he went over to her house and try to beat the door down with a metal pole he had taken with him?

He lucky he just got cut and didnt get arrested...very lucky.

None of us should be judging this situation one way or

Jun 6, 2011, 12:23 AM

the other until all the facts are known and the school has acted on it.

Re: None of us should be judging this situation one way or

Jun 6, 2011, 11:31 AM

He went to her place looking for her, doesn't seem like anything else needs to be said. Funny how some of us can sit here and defend our players on a felony charge yet we blast other schools and their players on lessor charges. Hellooo McFly!!!!

I've never blasted another school, and you don't have

Jun 6, 2011, 11:37 AM

all the facts in Craig's case. I'm not defending him, but unlike you, I not going to judge him until I hear a statement from Clemson on this matter..

Let someone slice you open and we'll see how you react!***

Jun 6, 2011, 6:44 PM [ in reply to Re: None of us should be judging this situation one way or ]

Lets get the facts straight. It was a towel rack/rod/bar out

Jun 6, 2011, 6:43 PM [ in reply to Re: If a woman stabbed me, I'd be inclined to punch her a ]

a bathroom. Hardly a "metal pole" or deadly weapon like, oh a knife that left him needing stitches.

Re: Lets get the facts straight. It was a towel rack/rod/bar out

Jun 7, 2011, 4:16 AM

It was also an eye brow trimmer and not a knife. I've heard it referred to as a "6-inch blade" but if you look up eye brow trimmer they are really just 5 inch handles with a one inch razor. From what I've read she was also left bleeding from the head and ended up getting stitches (she at least went to the hospital). You might want to get the facts straight yourself.

Re: If a woman stabbed me, I'd be inclined to punch her a

Jun 6, 2011, 8:51 AM [ in reply to If a woman stabbed me, I'd be inclined to punch her a ]

Hello!!! He followed her to her room and started beating on the door with a metal shower rod. He's lucky she didn't have a 357 in the room.

We may just suspend him for a month or two

Jun 5, 2011, 11:59 PM

even though the season doesen't start until September. According to Iron fisted Spurrier, that is

Re: We may just suspend him for a month or two

Jun 6, 2011, 8:31 AM

No felons on our team bucko. Our worst "character issue" is overage drinking. Domestic violence is becoming the norm at cow tech though.

Jun 6, 2011, 12:57 PM

Can you cite one case of domestic violence?

Im not sure that you caught the element of sarcasm in

Jun 6, 2011, 1:28 PM [ in reply to Re: We may just suspend him for a month or two ]

my post

Andrea Gause, Matthew Thomas, Jariel King and Jarvis Giles

Jun 6, 2011, 6:38 PM [ in reply to Re: We may just suspend him for a month or two ]

would disagree with you..

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 7, 2011, 4:58 AM [ in reply to Re: We may just suspend him for a month or two ]

"Gimme that booze ya pumpkin pie haircutted freak" you're too old to drink.

Where is the press on this?

Jun 6, 2011, 8:36 AM

I know the Anderson Independent, and the Seneca paper, had something on it. But to the best of my knowledge neither WYFF nor the Greenville News have reported this. Either on air, in print, or either with their internet sites. Interesting.

That was just his first strike; 5 more to go.....

Jun 6, 2011, 8:39 AM

Oh wait....

null

Re: That was just his first strike; 5 more to go.....

Jun 6, 2011, 8:42 AM

A 23 year old drinking is not the same as beating a woman with a metal rod. There's no word for that type of thinking except delusional, but considering the fan base we're talking about, I don't think this comes as a surprise.

Gimme a break, Garcia would've been kicked off of

Jun 6, 2011, 8:45 AM

every team in the country after his 3rd or 4th offense. But not at SCAR. Why? Because he gives Spurrier the best chance to win the East. Spin it however you want.

null

agreed, i would venture spurrier while coaching at UF

Jun 6, 2011, 11:24 AM

would've booted him knowing the depth of talent he had while at UF and spurrier at Duke would have had no choice in the matter.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Gimme a break, Garcia would've been kicked off of

Jun 7, 2011, 4:08 AM [ in reply to Gimme a break, Garcia would've been kicked off of ]

The sad thing is we kinda sound like the coots when we were whipping their a##es and WE had a player that had been in trouble and remained on the team. We wouldn't even be talking about Spurrier or Garcia or any other of their players as to how they were disciplined.

A) 5 strikes; not 1 game missed?? B) Your coach and school

Jun 6, 2011, 12:56 PM [ in reply to Re: That was just his first strike; 5 more to go..... ]

has said 5 times, "this behavior is unacceptable and will not be tolerated by USuCk"... yet they just keep tolerating it.

B) Your coach said after strike 2, "One more strike and he is gone!". There have been 3 strikes since then.

C) Can you show any evidence towards your claims in the Craig case? Where are you getting that he used the towel rack as a weapon? Nevermind the fact she attacked him with a razor. I guess in your deluded world he should have stood there and let her cut him?

D) USuCk fans are the world's most delusional nutcases on the planet. The very fact that you would question that mean's you're a delusional nutcase.

Re: A) 5 strikes; not 1 game missed?? B) Your coach and school

Jun 6, 2011, 2:37 PM

Your alphabet skills are lacking, since you started with point "B", but I'll respond to each point of your post individually, and I would like to ask you to do the same, but I doubt you're capable of doing so without resorting to name calling.

B.) Yes, Garcia has been shown a lot of patience, but he has also done nothing, with the exception of keying a car, that every college student doesn't do, and that you personally wouldn't do if you had been lucky enough to finish high school and make it to Community College (guessing you aren't a university man seeing as you didn't realize "A" is at the beginning of the alphabet) I feel each punishment was appropriate to the crime.

C.)Can I show any evidence toward my claims in the Craig case, no. Can you? I wasn't there, and the Greenville newspaper hasn't reported anything at all. And oh my god, the girl fought back at him with an eyebrow razor, after he had an altercation with her, LEFT, and came back with a shower rod, and used it to beat on her door, and you're trying to imply she is the Agressor? This is a COLLEGE ATHLETE, nearly all of which bench-press 200+, and most of which bench 300+ hitting a FEMALE, and striking her multiple times once she was on the ground. If you think that keying someone's car, underage drinking, a curfew violation and disruption at a meeting are on the same level as what Joe Craig did, then your parents must have really screwed up raising you.

d.) Are we delusional for thinking we will return to the SEC championship game when nearly every major sports outlet is picking us to win the east? Are we delusional for thinking we will beat Clemson again when every major piece of the last two blowouts is returning?

OR, is it possible that you are delusional for thinking your team will return to it's 20+ year removed glory days, and that a team relying entirely on true freshman from a recruiting class that wasn't the best in their division, and other unproven players and coaches is going to make an dramatic one year turnaround after a losing season and storm through the ACC? Not to mention that season included losses to powerhouse programs like Boston College and USF. If further evidence of your delusion is needed, just refer back to C and look at your defense of Joe Craig.

Please respond to each of my points individually using facts instead of 'what ifs' and ad hominems.

So your best defense is that I mis-lettered the points?? LOL

Jun 6, 2011, 6:05 PM

A) 5 strikes; not 1 game missed??

B) Your coach and school has said each of 5 times, "this behavior is unacceptable and will not be tolerated by USuCk"... yet they just keep tolerating it.

C) Your coach said after strike 2, "One more strike and he is gone!". There have been 3 strikes since then.

D) Can you show any evidence towards your claims in the Craig case? Where are you getting that he used the towel rack as a weapon? Nevermind the fact she attacked him with a razor. I guess in your deluded world he should have stood there and let her cut him?

E) USuCk fans are the world's most delusional nutcases on the planet. The very fact that you would question that mean's you're a delusional nutcase.

There, now the points are lettered correctly. Try again, but this time try address the actually statements int he points instead of typing a bunch of preschool attempts at insults, and a bunch of weak, biased, nonsense that has nothing to do with anything.

Re: So your best defense is that I mis-lettered the points?? LOL

Jun 6, 2011, 11:00 PM

You corrected your mistakes and responded to the insults that made up approximately 2% of my post. Not exactly a five star rebuttal.

Re: So your best defense is that I mis-lettered the points?? LOL

Jun 7, 2011, 5:19 AM [ in reply to So your best defense is that I mis-lettered the points?? LOL ]

Wow, I have to save this post. I don't care if you get caught drinking 10 times, it not the same as hitting a woman with a metal pole. You guys are unbelievable.

It takes two weeks for this story about Craig to come out, and there are no charges...LOL. You all know that if a player at Clemson had done the same thing Garcia has done we NEVER would have heard about it. Doesn't it amaze you guys that the only time you ever hear anything happen in Clemson it's somebody hitting his girfriend or a DUI? I guess there is no underage drinking up there :)

Re: A) 5 strikes; not 1 game missed?? B) Your coach and school

Jun 6, 2011, 2:54 PM [ in reply to A) 5 strikes; not 1 game missed?? B) Your coach and school ]

Straight from the police report....

Please copy and paste.....

Jun 6, 2011, 6:08 PM

I'm especially interested where it says he used a shower rod as a weapon.

Re: Please copy and paste.....

Jun 6, 2011, 6:12 PM

http://media.orangeandwhite.com/media/static/JoeCraigPoliceReport2.pdf

there it is. go read it yourself.

"You gonna do something or just stand there and bleed?"

Done.

Jun 6, 2011, 6:17 PM

Not a thing in there about using a shower rod as a weapon.

Re: Done.

Jun 7, 2011, 9:45 AM

LOL... man. Did you read the police report?

More precisely.....

Jun 6, 2011, 6:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Please copy and paste..... ]

Where is anything about "beating a woman with a metal rod"?

Re: More precisely.....

Jun 6, 2011, 6:24 PM

did you not read the part about hitting her in the head with a silver pole and then continued hitting her while she was on the ground..

"You gonna do something or just stand there and bleed?"

That was not a strike. He made good contact.***

Jun 6, 2011, 8:58 AM [ in reply to That was just his first strike; 5 more to go..... ]

Jun 6, 2011, 8:48 AM

I agree with you. This is not the publicity we need. Twice now, what kind of reputation will that bring us. It's not worth it. Dabo needs to suspend this guy indefinitely now! In fact, he has waited too long already by not even saying anything.

Please, just go sit down and cool off. You're sounding

Jun 6, 2011, 11:39 AM

hysterical.

Honestly, do you really think..........

Jun 6, 2011, 12:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Joe Craig Has to Go ]

Do you really think that if the situation was as cut and dry as some here presume, that Dabo would not have at least issued an indefinite suspension? The very fact that he hasn't done that makes it obvious the situation has not been clarified. Obviously you can't punish someone for an unclear situation. If there were enough to go on, then certainly Dabo would've said Craig is indefinitely suspended. You can't assume ANYTHING based on a newspaper article.

Bye Bye Joe...we dont need your kind around here!

Jun 6, 2011, 11:55 AM

Totally agree....its time for Joe to pack his bags.

What happened?***

Jun 6, 2011, 12:32 PM

Apparently the cocklover has no idea and merely wants to

Jun 6, 2011, 6:21 PM

displace all the rightful ridicule his school is getting for allowing a student-athlete to garner multiple additional strikes after the coach and school said, "one more time and he's done!".

Joe's run off to Fire Lake***

Jun 6, 2011, 12:18 PM

What happened to that moron the other day that said Marlena

Jun 6, 2011, 12:41 PM

had a right to kill Joe right there in the hallway just because he was hitting her door with a towel rack? He said chose to open the door and become the aggressor because she was fearful for her life. LOL, what an idiot!

And anyone that says he didn't have a right to defend himself from her aggression with her "lethal cutting weapon" is an idiot as well. Your utopian "never hit a girl" flies right out the window when you get attacked with a razor blade.

This is not an attempt to defend either party, but as far as anyone pretending to have enough to go on to become judge and jury of this incident where neither party pressed charges, just shut the heck up already. That's not the way it works.

Re: What happened to that moron the other day that said Marlena

Jun 6, 2011, 12:50 PM

The lesson to be learned is that Clemson coeds are not to be trifled with.

Jun 6, 2011, 1:03 PM [ in reply to What happened to that moron the other day that said Marlena ]

Dude you look foolish defending his actions.

He just lucky he is not in jail right now.

When he brought the metal pole with him to her house, he lucky he only got stab. SC is a stand you ground state, so attacking the door with the metal pole, she had every right to do whatever she felt she needed to do to defend herself.

You need to learn the law of SC. No way in this world could it be said he was defending himself when he went to her house with a metal pole.

LOL just amazing people are acting like he is the victim here.

I'm not defending his actions. Not at all.

Jun 6, 2011, 6:10 PM

On the other hand, you look foolish saying he used a shower rod as a weapon.

You clearly don't understand you a$$ from a whole in the ground when it comes to law.

She cut him first. But don't let facts get in the way.***

Jun 6, 2011, 6:49 PM [ in reply to Re: What happened to that moron the other day that said Marlena ]

Re: She cut him first. But don't let facts get in the way.***

Jun 7, 2011, 9:49 AM

Just AMAZING you are acting like Craig was the victim....

You understand that he went to her house with a weapon? Try to beat down her door? Then he got cut?

That is straight from the police report.

I think you're wrong. No way he should be pounding on

Jun 6, 2011, 1:18 PM [ in reply to What happened to that moron the other day that said Marlena ]

a females door at midnight in a threatening manner.

He needs to go. He can apologize and get his second chance somewhere else.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're right, he used poor judgement in going there.

Jun 6, 2011, 6:12 PM

But without knowing all the facts of the matter, it's would be senseless to kick him out of school.

Jun 6, 2011, 1:53 PM [ in reply to What happened to that moron the other day that said Marlena ]

Dude, in SC it is call the law of habitation. Go read it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What are you talking about?

Jun 6, 2011, 6:13 PM

I'll need a little more detail for whatever you think you're talking about, but I'm guessing you don't really have any idea.

For once, we agree. And further more, if she was srupid

Jun 6, 2011, 6:47 PM [ in reply to What happened to that moron the other day that said Marlena ]

enough to open the door when he was banging on it, she got what she deserved, especially since she cut him first.

If he gets booted from school it should be AFTER she gets booted first!

Re: For once, we agree. And further more, if she was srupid

Jun 7, 2011, 9:54 AM

She got what she deserved?? Wow...

Give him six chances!**

Jun 6, 2011, 1:33 PM

nm

maybe if he was just underage drinking... or keying cars***

Jun 6, 2011, 2:55 PM

Maybe give him 6 chances?***

Jun 6, 2011, 6:41 PM

Jun 7, 2011, 1:52 AM

Amazing how so many are defending Craig's actions.....they say the detractors do not know enough of the situation, but they don't know about it either, and they are misinterpreting what has been reported as well.

This perhaps may be what can be termed a "woman".....but Miss Wesh is also a 5-6 sophomore, a teenager, a young woman. Not much more than a girl. To craft any type of defense or justification for a young man to pursue ANY young woman with a metal rod and assault her with it, is 100% automatic pathetic. No other label for it....

She deserved to get what she got just by opening her door? Pathetic. You are so quick to discount and trivialize the "weapon" of Mr. Craig, but then quickly label Miss Wesh's as a "knife", or "lethal weapon"?

It was an eyebrow razor. Six inches of plastic handle (like on a disposable shaving razor), with an inch-long blade on the end of it. Yes, a razor blade, but Craig had to come to her, where she resides, in order to get cut by it. Why was he there? No justification for it....

What is the most amazing thing about the incident was the police report concerning the particulars. Both apparently required "sutures" from their injuries. A victim does not need to press charges against his/her assailant in order for that assailant to be arrested and charged, if the police deem it warranted it. Typically, the evidence of injury/bodily harm is enough to warrant it. Both were injured enough to require stitches.....that is more than enough. And for one of them to be a little 5-6 teenage girl.

That the police report itself described the incident as “assault and battery of a high and aggravated nature”....that it detailed observing a “bloody handprint” on the door of Wesh’s room as well as blood “spattered all the way down the hall to the elevator.”....and yet still, no charges were pressed by the Clemson University Police Department, who made out the report????

And William Swinney needs to wait on a decision? The Clemson track coaches didn't require any delay in handing down their punishment. Craig IMO wasn't considered to be a major player for the FB team this season.....why not punish him?

Steve Spurrier has a personal thing regarding abuse towards the fairer persuasion. Always has. He has thrown players off the team who have gotten into physical altercations with girlfriends. In most of those cases, he has pre-empted any official finding regarding the circumstances, or official school punishment. I do not understand why William Swinney won't take a stand.....

disappointing....

Re: A man that goes after a woman

Jun 7, 2011, 10:03 AM

With or without a weapon, shower rod, whatever, in his hand has no standing, no excuse and no place on campus. Period.

This isnt about being a punch drunk QB. It isnt about a bag man in Rock Hill, funding a church out of the plains or tattos and free cars in Ohio.

This is about a man losing his senses. You dont attack women.

Imagine if she was the sister of one of the players.

Then there would have been 3 police reports

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 70
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic