Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Remember 2/6/10? That was the night the ACC let us know
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Remember 2/6/10? That was the night the ACC let us know

Aug 27, 2010, 10:47 PM

exactly what happens when a Clemson coach speaks up for his team. That was the night that OP probably knew the future had been altered forever. 23 - 16 - 22 - 29 - 22 - 27 - 26 - 15 - 21 are the number of free throws the various ACC teams took that night in their respective games. But the opponent of Clemson that night was awarded 46. You immediately thought of Duke getting to put time back on the clock so they could be presented a basketball game versus Clemson. Then you thought of all the phantom charging calls and the flopping around by Duke and UNC year after year after year after year. As your thoughts went back in time you possibly wondered even if just for a moment why we are in the ACC. Finally, you remembered the extra year added to our NCAA sanctions those many years ago in football by the holier than thou ACC. But when I complain, I am mocked by Tnetters that no other conference would be possible and that we should adore this conference in which we find ourselves. Now everyone expects the ACC to show some consistency in punishing UNC in a like manner as if they were Clemson themselves. Perhaps this will prove to be the final point in my debate as the ACC likely explains that UNC having no history of non-compliance should still be considered the shining standard of everything right in this otherwise despicable world in which we live. So with a promise that it shall never happen again, UNC will be honored, adored, nurtured and pampered by the ACC at this time when a momentarily fallen hero needs the support of their league the most.

And when this unbelievable event occurs, you will then say in unison that "tigerinlosangeles was right, he was always right, and we are sorry for ever second guessing his insight." And at that point, I will forgive you all. And when Danny Ford is placed in the Ring of Honor, I can then forgive Bobby Robinson too. And from that point on, all will be good in the world. And I shall live happily ever after.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Rick Barnes probably could teach OP a thing or two...

Aug 27, 2010, 10:58 PM

about defending his team vs the Tobacco Rd bullies.

Too bad Rick liked the young co-eds.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Remember 2/6/10? That was the night the ACC let us know

Aug 28, 2010, 12:16 AM

I agree with every word tigerinlosangeles, I well remember what the ACC did to us. Also kudos on Danny and the ring of honor, Bobby Robinson was,is and always will be a punk.

Dude, its football season, basketball is to pass the time

Aug 28, 2010, 1:31 AM

between football seasons.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 28, 2010, 5:47 AM

Well put. I know I am old, but I have not forgotten, nor will I forget what they did to us in the 80s with the extra year of probation. Additionally, for any of you who do not think it was UNC at the forefront of the extra penalty move, get real.

Not only do I vividly remember what they did, but I recall going to a game at Chapel Hole after the penalty and hearing a man telling his young son...today we are playing the cheaters... or something like that. It made my skin crawl.( I recall we still beat them).

Aug 28, 2010, 5:53 AM

I agree fully. I think it is strange how people are touting their alignment with conferences. I never really thought about it years ago, a conf. title is a conf. title. Anyway, the ACC is such a punk ### conference, I had hoped we would have left in the mid-eighties after the extra year but, we are relegated to stay put. It does give us something to ##### about.

One correction...

Aug 28, 2010, 8:34 AM

I agree w/ everything you said EXCEPT UNC has a history of transgressions. UNC Basketball was placed on probation in the early 1960s when Frank McGuire was their head coach (Dean Smith was on his staff).

It's funny they still seem to act like our NCAA issues from the early 80s taint us nearly 30 years later. Why then were they not a 'tainted program' in 1982 when they won the NCAA basketball tournament?

I was speaking from the ACC's perspective when I said that***

Aug 28, 2010, 9:05 AM

Aug 29, 2010, 3:44 PM

Well said. I believe in a few years, we will probably join the SEC, and not be a bottom dwelling money sucker like the rednecks in Columbia. At that time we can tell UNC and the state of N Car whimps were they can go.

Aug 29, 2010, 4:00 PM

When and if the NCAA hits UNC football with probation the ACC will announce they are taking 1 year off the NCAA santions

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic