Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
All In with Dabo AND Still Appreciate Danny
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1,147

All In with Dabo AND Still Appreciate Danny

Aug 21, 2009, 12:38 AM

Okay --- I hereby declare all anger gone from Danny’s departure. This would never have happened without feeling we have someone again who wants to win football games, play tough, take full responsibility, display a winning personality, expect and give maximum output at all times, and appear to love Clemson. What the heck has been going on around here since Danny and prior to Dabo? How could a head coach have forgotten to keep the students involved, not invite former players or Danny to be actively involved in the program, constantly excuse losses because of being one play short (what utter nonsense), call the same predictable idiotic plays year after year including a seemingly incessant number of sideways passes rather than saving the stupid play as an occasional changeup, allowing any player under any circumstance to pull-up, slide-down, or run out of bounds two yards short of the sticks without the full knowledge there would be a two game suspension for being a gutless embarrassment to everything Clemson? Well, I never had to ask such questions before 1990. And I don’t plan to ever have to again.

Message was edited by: tigerinlosangeles®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You my friend understand what Dabo is about. Thank You!***

Aug 21, 2009, 1:08 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice***

Aug 21, 2009, 3:33 AM

Re: All In with Dabo AND Still Appreciate Danny

Aug 21, 2009, 7:39 AM

My sentiments exactly! "GO TIGERS"

Tommy Bowden modeled his coaching style after his Dad's.

Aug 21, 2009, 7:42 AM

This would have been great if he had reviewed tape of when BB first got to FSU. Back then BB knew he didn't have dominant talent and had to make his luck by making his players play better than they were and using trickery if he had to in order to neutralize the talent gap. When he started getting great talent he started getting more laid back and "letting the talent play". This was TB's philosophy too. The problem is we don't have dominant talent yet. Plus, we all see that BB's laid back coaching is beginning to hurt the Cinmin' Rolls.

hard nosed coaches

Aug 21, 2009, 8:04 AM

Danny certainly was a hard-nosed coach. Another who was just as tough but never had all the talent Danny had was Frank Howard that was one mean sob on the practice field. Dabo looks like he is outa same mold - all three from Alabama.
It is not disloyal to any prior coach to get behind the current one. GO TIGERS< SPOT THE BALL

no it isn't...

Aug 21, 2009, 8:17 AM

however, you can complement Dabo without trashing Bowden. Seems like a lot of people miss that. It's just pretty low brow IMHO.

yes it is and thanks for saying it.***

Aug 21, 2009, 8:19 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree...***

Aug 21, 2009, 8:38 AM [ in reply to no it isn't... ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fair enough, and I'm not asking anyone to be a TB fan, but

Aug 21, 2009, 8:13 AM

remember this:

If it was not for Tommy Bowden, Dabo...a position coach...would probably never have even been considered for the head coaching job. Heck, if not for Tommy Bowden, Dabo might still be selling commercial real estate.

I just don't see why we have to tear down some of the guys before Dabo to appreciate him.

null

Glad he is gone but you make a good point

Aug 21, 2009, 9:27 AM

I liked CTB and am sorry it didn't work out. We always seemed we would be closer to greatness than what turned out to be. Some of the result was on him and some not.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Fair enough, and I'm not asking anyone to be a TB fan, but

Aug 21, 2009, 9:31 AM [ in reply to Fair enough, and I'm not asking anyone to be a TB fan, but ]

TB did serve a purpose at Clemson. He did many good things, and he took us to a much higher level than we were when he arrived. That said, I believe he had taken us as far as he was capable or as far he was willing to take us. I appreciate his contributions, but I also believe it was time for him to move on. Dabo brings a new energy and excitement, and I am thankful TB brought him on board. I wish TB the best, but I do think Dabo is more in the mold of DF, and the players will respond for him like they did for Danny.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 21, 2009, 9:46 AM

Short of almost destroying Clemson football, TB was great. I think a lot of you don't realize how many fans were about to give up on the tigers because of 'him'. Dabo is a 180* switch ....... thanks for that.

Aug 21, 2009, 10:06 AM

Being a Tiger fan is nothing I questioned. I just stopped believing the potential of what the Tigers had under TB. Now Dabo has brought back the passion and the vision for greatness.

No, no, no, no...

Aug 21, 2009, 10:12 AM [ in reply to Re: Fair enough, and I'm not asking anyone to be a TB fan, but ]

For more information on destroying Clemson Football, I refer you to the Ken Hatfield era.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I must admit. I was blinded by TB. I was guilty of taking

Aug 21, 2009, 10:10 AM

up for him numerous times. I was only 13 when Danny Ford was let go, but I totally understand what it is that you're saying now that I can see it.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1,147
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic