Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Calling All TigerNet Police Who Determine Post Worthiness
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

Calling All TigerNet Police Who Determine Post Worthiness

Jul 20, 2013, 8:14 PM

I often find my posts criticized for being off topic. But it is difficult for me since I see everything through the eyes of a Clemson Tiger. And sort of want to foster friendships with other like minded good people of the world. So if a post or two seems to only lightly touch the given forum subject matter, I always cut everyone else some slack and hope perhaps you might consider reciprocating, if possible. Now I actually consider the following story related to Clemson Tiger football. Please let me know if you concur:

I had to work today even though it was Saturday. I took a late lunch at a favorite nearby restaurant named "China Grill" in Manhattan Beach, California, which serves a sort of modern fusion menu. The place is crowded during the week, but I was the only person eating in the outside area on this particular weekend day. I was midway through my meal when a seven member Chinese family was seated nearby by the hostess. I noticed they were having great difficulty communicating with the waitress. I must tell you that I do not know any Chinese words. And nobody in the family of adults and children could speak English. They probably had assumed seeing the name of this restaurant that someone inside would be able to speak Chinese. Such was not the case. So I tried to help. I invited them to my table to see my meal. They appreciated my attentiveness in showing them "Chicken with Black Bean Sauce" and "Spring Rolls" and where these items were located on the menu. It was obvious they were touring from China and somehow were exploring apart from a tour group on their own or something of the kind. I have been in similar situations on Trafalgar tours in Europe. We were all having fun trying to communicate. I asked if they wanted chicken, beef, or fish by crowing like a rooster, mooing like a cow and pretending to swim like a fish. As they made their selections, I showed them a related item on the menu. There was much laughter and we had a great time. When I finished my meal and was leaving, everyone responded to me with a friendly thank you. Now's when the Clemson part enters into the equation.

When I got to my car, I realized that I had a handful of Clemson Tiger pocket schedules in the trunk that I had picked up at the Spring Game. So I went back into the restaurant and gave each member of the family a Clemson schedule for a souvenir and taught them how to say "University", "Football", "Clemson", "Tigers", and how to spell "C-L-E-M-S-O-N --- T-I-G-E-Rrrrrrrrrr-S". We went through the sequence several times. Their excitement was off the chart. They all hugged me good-bye this time. And I went back to work.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Calling All TigerNet Police Who Determine Post Worthiness

Jul 20, 2013, 8:18 PM

Since I'm not a post Nazi I'll just say, Amazing story! +1

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

Nice ! But even with that, off topic subjects have their

Jul 20, 2013, 8:36 PM

place, especially on slow sports days.

I fought this last year, finally left.

Nice Job !

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

???

Jul 20, 2013, 8:41 PM

???

That's "well done" in Engrish.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wi Tu Lo!

Jul 20, 2013, 9:18 PM

Ho Lee ###!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Sum Ting Wong!***

Jul 21, 2013, 4:37 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i think your keyboard is on the fritz!

Jul 21, 2013, 4:21 AM [ in reply to ??? ]

jk. had to point your post, that was pretty good.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TAKE IT TO THE LOUNGE.

Jul 20, 2013, 8:47 PM

;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

The most amazing aspect of this thing called the internet is

Jul 20, 2013, 8:50 PM

that I can read instant messages from folks all over the world, regardless of topic. Thus, I don't get offended at all when the subject strays away from sports, although I realize some do. The fact remains that I'm conversing with a fellow Tiger, and I enjoy the opportunity. The act adds a little cosmopolitan air to the site.

And by the way, thanks for the post...interesting and cool story. +1

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can't believe a Tiger would TD this story.

Jul 20, 2013, 8:52 PM

TILA, you're a fine example of a Clemson product.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

who, where ...i will seek he/she or heshe out***

Jul 20, 2013, 9:25 PM

Jul 20, 2013, 10:30 PM

Excellent sir! Thanks for posting.........

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 20, 2013, 10:31 PM

Excellent sir! Thanks for posting.........

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Spreading Clemson good will

Jul 20, 2013, 10:39 PM

Having worked over most of the US, I know Clemson's good will has spread far and wide. Keep up the good work and thanks for posting. TU for you.

It is kind of funny when someone blasts a post about not

Jul 20, 2013, 10:45 PM

being Clemson or football related, or an update about a recruit committing to another school, but then I can read an 80 post reply thread about what Clowney and Spurrier ate for lunch at Arby's.

Great story!!***

Jul 20, 2013, 10:46 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 20, 2013, 10:56 PM

Major Kudos!!! You never know when you might make a life changing decision in the lives of someone you meet.

WTG, TILA!!!!!

Jul 21, 2013, 12:01 AM

it doesn't take a lot of time or money to show someone kindness and respect. Not only does CU look good to this family, the USA does too and they will have a wonderful memory for the rest of their lives.

Keep up the good work--and it was a pleasure to read on this side of th Tyger river.

?? "xie xie"

Jul 21, 2013, 6:01 AM

Thank You

Hen hao wo pengyou (very good my friend)! I know how

Jul 21, 2013, 8:45 AM

they feel. We lived in China for two years in a city where few spoke English, so we were thankful for any help we could get.

Now...in the future, please try to keep your posts "on topic" tia ;)

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

^^^Says one of the most notorious of all TigerNet

Jul 21, 2013, 8:53 AM

De-railers and posters of inane, insensitive, insipid and intransigent items of insidiousness. (By the way, goofy morning, my Friend....)

Now you take that back. I am not insensitive. In fact, I

Jul 21, 2013, 9:00 AM

ask you quite often how that rash of yours is coming along.

Goofy morning to you as well my friend!

^^^Much better now, thank you. How's your Herpes?***

Jul 21, 2013, 9:05 AM

You mean my cat? It's doing great, although people give us

Jul 21, 2013, 9:09 AM

some strange looks when we call it for dinner.

Glad to hear it....But what your dog, Bleeding Hemorrhoids?***

Jul 21, 2013, 9:13 AM

What else would it be? Makes for a good conversation

Jul 21, 2013, 9:15 AM

starter with guests...

I thought it was ghonerra (sp)***

Jul 21, 2013, 9:09 AM [ in reply to ^^^Much better now, thank you. How's your Herpes?*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dood you're gonna have to learn to spell it if you're ever

Jul 21, 2013, 9:15 AM

gonna get cured HTH

didn't fair well in spelling.***

Jul 21, 2013, 9:20 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Met a lady once with the affliction, who went to a doctor

Jul 21, 2013, 9:23 AM [ in reply to Dood you're gonna have to learn to spell it if you're ever ]

in Atlanta....She asked him, "Doc, do you know anything about Gonorrhea?" He replied, "Do I know anything about Gonorrhea? Hayell Lady, I was State Distributor in Georgia for ten years!"

"Met a lady once with the affliction"...only one?***

Jul 21, 2013, 9:26 AM

Yeah...especially when they'd say they had been out with

Jul 21, 2013, 9:30 AM

you....

You never know. Their kid or children may grow up and

Jul 21, 2013, 8:55 AM

become Clemson atheletes. They grow them tall in China sometimes and we could use a big, tall man on the basketball court.

Had to be a Gamecock to give this post a "thumbs down".

Jul 21, 2013, 10:10 AM

They dont' understand what it is like to be humane.

That's weird cause around here nobody at the Chinese place

Jul 21, 2013, 11:52 AM

Speaks Engrish......

Thankfully you're a Clemson fan and not a UGAy homer

Jul 21, 2013, 11:54 AM

They might have thought the dog mascot was an entree on the takeout menu.

Yu A Good Crem Zin Ti Ga***

Jul 21, 2013, 1:02 PM

nm

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic