Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
On this the occasion of my 60th birthday, allow me to say:
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 2,462

On this the occasion of my 60th birthday, allow me to say:

Jan 31, 2012, 9:11 AM

Thank you Clemson University for a life time of great memories, this dynamic present, and the brightest of futures awaiting us all.

In the 1950’s as a toddler growing up in Anderson, my cousin began attending Clemson and brought me a Clemson T-shirt as shown in the attached photo. I remember noticing immediately that it was much too large and being disappointed that I would not get to wear it immediately. I also remember keeping it in a special drawer in my bedroom until such time that it finally did fit a few years later. I then played lots of football, baseball, and basketball games wearing that T-shirt. Not to mention wearing it to work in the garden, go to town, and do my homework.

But over 50 years ago, the shirt became much too small to wear. So it was returned to the special drawer in my bedroom and has stayed with me throughout the years. I have very few possessions as valuable as my first Clemson T-shirt.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

happy bday!***

Jan 31, 2012, 9:12 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Werent you a

Jan 31, 2012, 9:15 AM

busboy at the Last Supper? I heard you have an autograph from Jesus. I keed I keeeed.

Happy Birthday!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Happy Birthday and welcome to the 60+ crowd...

Jan 31, 2012, 9:16 AM

I still have my old "rat" hat from 1965, but your Tee takes the prize. Have a great day, and remember: when you hit 60, you start counting backwards!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: On this the occasion of my 60th birthday, allow me to say:

Jan 31, 2012, 9:18 AM

Happy Birthday!

Jan 31, 2012, 9:34 AM

Reminds me of when I was 10 and my dad and I were in a car accident. Even though I had some broken ribs and a broken wrist, I was mad and upset at the EMT's because they cut my Clemson shirt open. I asked them why did they cut my Clemson shirt. Anyway, Happy Birthday.

Feb 1, 2012, 12:21 AM

must have been Coots...
LOL
GO TIGERS!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

me to say:***

Jan 31, 2012, 9:31 AM

Happy Birthday Clemson Tiger !***

Jan 31, 2012, 9:32 AM

Cool story, bro. Happy Birthday from one old fart to

Jan 31, 2012, 9:38 AM

another. Not quite as old as you, though. ;^)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Jan 31, 2012, 9:45 AM

Happy Birthday! It is nice not to be a young "whippersnapper" in a lot of ways. Really, 60 is pretty good, IMHO.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

happy birthday to you...***

Jan 31, 2012, 9:48 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 31, 2012, 9:48 AM

You young whipper-snappers are all the same. Just kidding.

Happy birthday young-un.

I still have my Rat Hat from '68. I'm just glad they finally let girls into CLEMSON. I think I could count them on 2 hands back then. I could use a couple of fingers to count the girls in my classes. What were the Admins thinking?

Jan 31, 2012, 10:01 AM

congrats. I have a friend who went to a school in ohio named dennison. when he was a toddler a neightbor of theirs when the lived a state away from dennison gave their son a toddle sized shirt saying dennison class of 19??. They had a good laugh at his graduation party when we saw the pictures.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 31, 2012, 10:03 AM

congrats bro, Happy BDAY!

Happy Birthday to you and may you have many more.***

Jan 31, 2012, 10:03 AM

Happy Birthday !!!

Jan 31, 2012, 10:48 AM

I am almost right there with you. The Clemson "College" on your shirt reminds me of the CLEMSON COLLEGE decal my daddy had on the back window of his 1959 white Rambler station wagon. He used to take us in the Rambler to the games back in the 1960's. No flags, magnets, or other decorations back then...just a decal.

GO TIGERS !!

Great story! I hope you have

Jan 31, 2012, 11:36 AM

a fabulous birthday and many more!

Happy Birthday...very momentus day***

Jan 31, 2012, 12:18 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Happy Birthday!

Jan 31, 2012, 12:40 PM

nm

HBD You lived through the 60s once, enjoy the ride ;-)****

Jan 31, 2012, 1:05 PM

Happy 60th Birthday!!

Jan 31, 2012, 1:08 PM

May God continue to bless you!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Congrats on #60 LA TIGERBOY (I have #71 in May). Enjoy!

Jan 31, 2012, 3:30 PM

Go TIGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 31, 2012, 7:44 PM

welcomme to the senior class!!!!

Happy birthday...I love stories like that!***

Jan 31, 2012, 7:59 PM

Great story..

Jan 31, 2012, 8:18 PM

You sir are what being a Clemson fan is all about. Thanks for sharing. Happy 60th!

Jan 31, 2012, 8:44 PM

Nice story, Happy Birthday from a USC fan, aka a "coot" to tigernet folks!

Feb 1, 2012, 11:16 AM

weren't you a running back for usc back in the day?your name rings a vague bell in the back of my head.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Feb 1, 2012, 12:28 AM

Thanks for your great post.
and an AWESOME and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

'HOPE YOU (we) GET A LOT OF FANTASTIC RECRUITS FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY!!!

GO TIGERS!!!

Feb 1, 2012, 5:28 AM

Happy Birthday!

Tiger Pride Lives On***

Feb 1, 2012, 6:28 AM

Feb 1, 2012, 9:18 AM

Wow! I remember that logo and it was Clemson College back then. My ring has Clemson A&M College inscribed on it. Last class (1964)to have that as it was changed to Clemson University July 1, 1964. Thanks for the memories, brings back a lot of them.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: On the occasion of his 60th birthday, allow me to ask:

Feb 1, 2012, 10:46 AM

?WHERE can I find a shirt 'like' that? I've always liked that logo and I would love to have one similar if possible...do any of you know if any stores in town or on line sell anything similar?
Thanks & Happy Birthday!

Feb 1, 2012, 11:32 AM

happy birthday and many more.hope you at least reach 72,because my dad told me that after that birthday,there are no sins.imagine the freedom.i've got you by 5 years.still have my '64 rat hat,but my oldest t-shirt is from the '82 orange bowl.sadly too,it doesn't fit.will give it to my son, when i know he'll give it the tlc it deserves.someone mentioned the co-eds earlier.in '64 there were about 400 and 3500 guys.even the homely ones had an attitude.anyway,have a great day,and remember that age is really a state of mind.you can be 20 when you're 80 and vice-versa.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Replies: 33
| visibility 2,462
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic