Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dear Milton - Glad the world was not informed when I tripped
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 3,193

Dear Milton - Glad the world was not informed when I tripped

Jan 30, 2012, 11:06 PM

up in my grades in 1972 --- stayed out a year to get my head together and save some money by working 364 out of 366 days --- went back to school a year later and graduated in 1975. I want you to know that you can get this turned around --- studies, basketball, and anything else that got caught up in this spiral of confusion. Been there, done that, and my life has worked out reasonably enough. Obviously, anybody taking a cheap shot at you tonight does not warrant having their thoughts on the matter considered even for a moment. Wishing you the best in all things.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree…Vickery hall or not, being a SA has to be hard***

Jan 30, 2012, 11:15 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amen!

Jan 30, 2012, 11:36 PM

Well said.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, sort of. When you were screwing up, as I did,

Jan 30, 2012, 11:47 PM

it was on our dime. Milton has loafed around on other people's momey, a concept his on court demeanor would indicate he does not yet understand. I hope this wakes him up.

When i woke uo I had to decide whether I wanted it, and then how to pay for it, two questions Milton has yet to have to answer.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's one thing to loaf on the money of faceless people...

Jan 31, 2012, 6:58 AM

it is another, entirely, to loaf on the money of those you love dearly that are scrimping and saving to give you a chance.

I, too, "got a semester to think about things" when I was at Clemson. I deeply regret the disappointment on my parent's faces.

I have been richly blessed.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apparently, Milt is expected to rejoin the team soon

Jan 31, 2012, 12:02 AM

From Jeff Borzello of CBSSports.com :

"Source says Clemson's Milton Jennings who was suspended indefinitely for academics tonight, should be back soon, barring unforeseen events."

This is a head-scratcher because grades have been posted for at least four, probably six weeks. If Milt were academically ineligible, he would be suspended for the rest of the season. My best guess is that he took an Incomplete in a course last semester and the professor is threatening to put the hammer down on him if he doesn't turn in a paper. Something of this sort is the only thing that explains an indefinite suspension for academics being handed down on January 30th.

Message was edited by: OldSchool Tiger®

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Apparently, Milt is expected to rejoin the team soon

Jan 31, 2012, 12:12 AM

Which is not unusual. Milt will get it done!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My "best guess" is based in part on my repressed memories

Jan 31, 2012, 12:21 AM

of a professor giving me until February 1st to turn in a paper or fail his class. Shocking to me that it was 25 years ago.

Lots of reasons that aren't grade related....

Jan 31, 2012, 7:36 AM [ in reply to Apparently, Milt is expected to rejoin the team soon ]

Failing to turn in an assignment, blowing off a tutoring session, getting in a heated argument in class over whether or not non-military public employees should have the right to strike ... yep, that one nearly cost me.

Point is, Milt's discipline may well have nothing to do with eligibility. And I hope he takes the now-free time to straighten things out and return a more focues student.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dear Milton - Glad the world was not informed when I tripped

Jan 31, 2012, 8:57 AM

Reading this thread sounded like I was reading my own life's story at CLEMSON. I too had trouble with grades, dropped out in '71 for 2.5 years to save money, get married, try to mature, and then went back and graduated in '75. btw: I did great when I went back - just needed to sort things out.

Anyway - I did fine, and have 3 kids all married, all with college degrees and great jobs. Nothing wrong with someone trying to get their head on straight. Only 1 of my 3 kids had to do that, but they are very successful now. It just takes time and effort.

Good luck to Milton.

Jan 31, 2012, 10:50 AM

True that. We did not have as much help as we do now and as a football manager, found out I wasn't cut out for engineering (math). Came close to flunking out - had to pull a 3.0 to stay in 4th Semister and Draft Board in 1963 was watching. Managed to graduate. If it wasn't for my first 3 semisters, would have had over a 3.0, but as it was I barely had GPA to graduate.
Know a lot of football players that didn't make it. Back then, the basketball team made the general student body look bad grade-wise.
Hopefully this will be a real wake-up for Milton.

TU for you sir

Jan 31, 2012, 9:22 AM

And Shame for whatever coot actually TD'ed this post.

Good post***

Jan 31, 2012, 9:32 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree TigerinLA, who pulls against a college kid?

Jan 31, 2012, 12:57 PM

No matter what team or school, we should want the best for every kid. Perhaps Coach is trying his best to get Milton's attention and send a message to the entire team. I hope it works for all involved. Take advantage of the great opportunity at your feet young man!

Thumbs Up Sir!***

Jan 31, 2012, 1:02 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 31, 2012, 11:50 PM

Thank you for an EXCELLENT post!
GO TIGERS!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 3,193
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive