Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sunday sermon: Back at the mountaintop
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,023

Sunday sermon: Back at the mountaintop

Nov 8, 2009, 9:48 AM
thewarning.jpg(20.9 K)

Y'all know this moment. Heck some of you ... and as time goes by more and more will claim the honor ... were there to see it.

This, to me, will be the symbol of Clemson's return. It, of course, is DeAndre MacDaniel seconds after picking off Christian Ponder's ill-advised fourth-quarter pass.

Over the next couple of days, we'll debate whether McDaniel is pointing to mock, or to confuse, or to warn Ponder against the even more ill-advised course of action the now-injured quarterback took.

But I'd like you to look past the pointing. Look at the face.

McDaniel is smiling. Savoring the moment. Relishing the return of an interception, sure. But he's also celebrating the return of Clemson.

He's about to ignite a party that has been planned for more than a decade, a raucous celebration with 80,000 friends. Heck, I'd be smiling too.

Because after all the years, all the stumbling and falling along the narrow rocky trail, I think we can agree that Clemson has gotten over.

We've gotten over the hump, over the nagging demons that scratch at clawed at us with every step.

Well, almost. As we rest a moment and let the mountaintop view wash over us, while we share De'Andre's smile, I suggest there's one more demon lurking in the shadows.

That's the inevitable letdown games.

We came away from Florida State victorious, absolutely controlling our own fate. We also came out banged up, limping, looking every bit the weary warriors we were.

The war, alas, isn't over. We hold the crown in our hands, but it won't rest on our brow until we go on one more road trip. And the Wuffies aren't about to just roll over and hand it to us.

If we want to wear the crown, we've got to secure it. Even as we smile and savor the view from the mountaintop, we've got to come down and get back in the trenches.

If we don't, then De'Andre's smile and our exhultation, will be all too fleeting.

The path to the mountain takes a sidetrip through the urine and gunfire of Raleigh. It's no fun, but it has to be done.

The battle isn't over.

Stay strong, Tigers. For the first time in a long time, we can feel the wind of change.

And it feels pretty d@mn nice.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sunday sermon: Back at the mountaintop

Nov 8, 2009, 9:56 AM

well said

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2009, 9:59 AM

I was a doubter in this staff...but I am a believer now

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Doubt turned to faith is twice strong.

Nov 8, 2009, 10:08 AM

Ask Saul of Tarsus.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There is another hump next week

Nov 8, 2009, 9:58 AM

It is smaller, but deceiving. If we lose our focus it could do the same as this hump could have

And the people said, Amen!!***

Nov 8, 2009, 10:01 AM

"The war, alas, isn't over." nicely stated, we need

Nov 8, 2009, 10:01 AM

to remember that.

well... actually the players and coaches need to remember that.

they need to work harder than they have to date.
if they are hungry, TRULY hungry, they will.

the PuppyPack would love to spoil our coronation.

ROAR TIGERS ROAR !!!

McDaniel's Smile - picture

Nov 8, 2009, 10:04 AM

From the Greenville News...http://tinyurl.com/y8bomhy

Pointed: even before reading.***

Nov 8, 2009, 10:05 AM

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

great post..also i think hes smiling....

Nov 8, 2009, 11:47 AM

because he knows hes about to hit ponder and he loves inflicting pain on people :)

Nov 8, 2009, 4:50 PM

When he pointed I thought he was looking for a block...upon further review, looks like a clear "warning" to me.

Ponder, alas, did not heed the warning

Bet that will replay make another QB think twice about tacking him the next time DeAndre picks one off (and there will be a next time, make no mistake...)

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,023
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic